Delete email only on iPhone?
I just moved to the iPhone 5 from a Blackberry. On the Blackberry you could delete email only on the phone and leave it on the mail server. I use this to save history in gmail but keep the phone clean and simple.
I can't figure out a way to accomplish this on the iPhone. Is there a way to configure the iPhone so that the email is only deleted on the phone?
- 09-25-2012, 07:54 PM #2
- 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM #4
Re: Delete email only on iPhone?
If you check your mail regularly, the messages will be deleted on the server to catch up with your device. iOS was never designed to use POP3, so there is no option to leave on server. If you delete on your phone, and then check mail again, you will be deleting it from the server. It will, however, still be in All Mail.
- By alexponential in forum iPhone 4Replies: 19Last Post: 09-08-2016, 07:25 AM
- By pfranzmn in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 04-18-2016, 03:51 PM
- By HarryStamper in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 9Last Post: 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM
- By mweglarz0 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 20Last Post: 12-24-2011, 11:17 AM
- By rbiowa in forum iPhone 4Replies: 1Last Post: 01-11-2009, 07:12 PM