Iphone 5 Apples Demise?

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
First off, I am an apple fan boy so far from a troll. I have been reading and contributing to the overwhelming complaints, issues, bugs, defects of this phone. I LOVE my 5 and only see the artifacts across my space bar when adding my password for the app store. I also have a VERY difficult time typing, especially with the space bar being non responsive, resulting in a lot of run on words.

I have seen nothing of the dings and scratches of the device and certainly dont see any issues hardware wise. I am not concerned with the maps issue as I am sure there will be an update or addition to fix these problems.

I just think would this have happened with Steve at the helm still? All the leaks which turned out to be 100% accurate almost 30-45 days prior to announcement is not very Jobs like and how about these seemingly nagging issues with the release. Is the company losing its grip as the king? I am an adopter of the stock last year so while I am thrilled with the value, I am just wondering if this is the demise on wall street too. Google just exploded the last 3 days and now is an all time high. Obviously Apple is near its high and the amount of shares and market cap far exceed Google.

I hope they hit a home run on the ipad mini because another potential fail, (not that the iphone is one by all means), people may start shifting their allegiance away from the fruit.

Just venting I guess. haha

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The reason we are getting more leaks now is because of the popularity of the product. Same thing with the issues. Of course when you sell 5 million of anything in one weekend there will be issues reported, because of the amount sold it gets blown out of proportion IMO. I bet the failure rate for these is probably similar to those of all the other iPhone releases.

Also note that the fact that they sold 5 million of these in one weekend is a major success and thats not even debatable.

Just my 2 pennies.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple has, in recent years, been under the microscope far more than perhaps in other company in the world. Everything they do is scrutinized like no other company. They set the bar high, and are expected to exceed it with 0 flaws. And that's almost impossible to do. I do think the company was in better hands with Steve, IMO. The man was brilliant. So there may come a time where Google rules the world. Time will tell.

But we often hear how we got minor incremental updates in each iPhone. Is the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD a huge upgrade over the RAZR MAXX from last year? Nope, just minor upgrade. How about the Samsung Galaxy S3...was it a huge upgrade over the S2?? Nope, just minor. Samsung Galaxy Note to the Note 2?? Minor upgrade. There are other examples, but the point being, the world doesn't hear about that. It hears about Apple, and they get bashed unfairly so.

Just my .02

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The sales alone on the iPhone 5 prove that there is no love lost with this device, and to be honest, I've seen more praise than negativity across the board from around the net.

Demise? lol...Apple is so far from failure right now it's not funny. The iPhone 5 is a HUGE success, both financially and technologically.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If the iPhone5 is such a failure - SameSung only wishes they could fail as spectacularly... :D

Last edited:

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
They take everything very seriously I think. Even with money in the bank and great profits its a company with a near death experience in its past.

That's why they fight companies who have wronged them and sue others who they feel have stolen from them. They act often like a person who feels they only have a limited amount of time on this earth. Which is why they hoard cash and take few risks in the last 5 years.

I don't blame them. I love their products. They are way too smart to go away because of their own arrogance nor disorganization like so many others have or will.

Btw I typed this on my iphone 5. No complaints. I love the phone especially the "phone" part. Great call quality

Cheers

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The scrutiny that apple faces is unlike any other company. Keep in mind that every phone apple has released in the past had issues for a lot of users. But it's about the total impact. Reading stuff on the Internet is not an accurate representation of actual users that don't follow tech blogs and forums. Most users don't even consider certain things as issues. It's us that always need the latest and greatest that expect so much which not be close to reality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By no means is the iPhone 5 the demise of Apple. It is an awesome device and it has sold & will continue to sell very well. :)

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am so tired of hearing that this wouldn't happen with Jobs around. He oversaw some massive screw-ups of while at the help from antena gate to cracked 3GS's to scratched up Nano's.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Anyone saying that this would never have happened under Jobs just has no idea how project design works. I guarantee you that this design was pretty much finalized well before the release of the 4S and thus the passing of Jobs.

He had his hands in everything, there's no way he didn't have his hands in this. Now, the next iPhone? He may have laid down some conceptual ideas about what he wanted ( they probably have a 3 - 5 yr roadmap of what they want to do with the device at any given time ) but that's probably about it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Would the leaks have happened if Jobs was at the helm? anyone ever heard the joke about a gizmodo employee and an iPhone 4 left at a bar? or how about the one about the iPhone 4s again left at a bar? they both happened when Steve was alive. The real thing to look at here is not whether the leaks are happening or happening more regularly. It is the fact that even with the leaks the devices have such pent up demand, hype and just blow sales estimates sky high. If you look at other devices that are announced LONG before they come out they don't even have the initial hype or hold onto any type of pent up demand. It is impossible to keep the leaks from happening, there is a whole ecosystem around the products and the parts also come from many suppliers. The case makers want to know, the accessory makers want to know and beyond that every Apple faithful want to know. The next reasoning behind leaks and the lost ability of surprise from Apple devices is that the same Apple faithful after being with Apple for years can look at the trends, past devices and almost predict, most times better than analysts and wall street, what the next device will have.

The shares, Wall St. the biggest problem to most investor's portfolios are their own human emotions. If you watch a stock whenever there is some hint of a hiccup people panick and stupidly sell their shares. Instead of looking at the company as a whole and where it's headed they think "Oh Scuffgate this is similar to Antennaegate I better sell my shares since they are at the peak". If the iPad Mini comes out at a crazy low price with an exceptional user experience you're talking about Apple locking up profits on the smartphone, tablet and 7" tablet market. So thinking that the shares are going down anytime soon, it aint gonna happen.

PS
Anybody heard about the code that can be put into a webpage that factory resets a Samsung Galaxy smartphone just by clicking on the link? This is proof of the fact that the iPhone is under a microscope. A wipe of the smartphone is much worst than a nick, scratch or scuff of the backplate but what do you think will be all over the media?

Last edited:

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hear this,

It must be a joke. It's like the new iPhone is modeled after the rumors instead of the rumors modeled after the iPhone.

Have you seen Maps? It's trash. That application is broken to a severe degree. How do you dig up dirt on the competition by releasing a decrepit product like that?

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
In 2007 RIM and other companies including carriers said the Iphone would never sale or be a success. Well it's 2012 and sprint begged to get the phone (and paid out the a..) and RIM belives it's future lies in a full slab phone running blackberry 10. I believe Apple is ok and their innovation shows.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hear this,

It must be a joke. It's like the new iPhone is modeled after the rumors instead of the rumors modeled after the iPhone.

Have you seen Maps? It's trash. That application is broken to a severe degree. How do you dig up dirt on the competition by releasing a decrepit product like that?

I can make Google maps look like absolute garbage too if i post a bunch of half loaded pictures on the web and say the map system is broken...or going into an area with poor reception and trying to use the maps system at its full potential. The application isn't broken at all as far as i can tell, and ive been using it fairly heavily for the past 3-4 days in the Atlanta area and suburban areas outside of the perimeter...seems to be working perfectly, but maybe im the only person on earth that has experienced that...lmao.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hear this,

WUT?

Maps works ok for me... but Navigon is better. Your post fails.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I can make Google maps look like absolute garbage too if i post a bunch of half loaded pictures on the web and say the map system is broken...or going into an area with poor reception and trying to use the maps system at its full potential. The application isn't broken at all as far as i can tell, and ive been using it fairly heavily for the past 3-4 days in the Atlanta area and suburban areas outside of the perimeter...seems to be working perfectly, but maybe im the only person on earth that has experienced that...lmao.

I don't even have time to defend this. I just logged on to say that this is one Apple customer that is not going along with the new rollout.

Panarama?? It's so dumb. There's apps for that.
Siri opening apps, sports and movies? We had jailbreaks for that and more.

The iPhone 5 is so dumb.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox