Iphone 5 Apples Demise?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a flawed philosophy. Forget Google?

Google the company has imperial influence. In fact, if it wasn't for Google, none of us would be here right now.

I just never thought that Apple would be the Mapping type. I don't know why they think it's valuable to them. It's not because Apple wanted features that Google couldn't give. Google Maps has more features than Apple Maps will ever have in the near future.

So, I mean I just don't get it.

The "imperial influence" idea of the post is pure bovine processed feed grains.... and your last line is finally the only truth we'll ever see from you.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Damn, boy! What is it about Maps? Is it even worth 30 seconds of attention, whether you like it or not, once you've got to use it and make your opinion? I wouldn't even care if the phone came without it, and Apple left it to the many available options in App Store. I find it nice that they're still adding one themselves now they don't have an agreement with Google anymore - and I'm not surprised they were ready to take a bullet or two in the beginning, in order to provide the same functionality as ever.

Get stranded? Are you mad? If you can't cope with the actual Maps to get you where you wanna go, well you need a taxi my friend. Turn by turn may not be foolproof in lesser areas, but if Maps still can pinpoint me and direct me here in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC, CA, well it can pinpoint pretty much anything. Of course 3D isn't relevant neither in my area, more of an angled 2D rendering, but the flat map still does the trick. In time it will be perfect.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I have only used apples map once to get directions home using Siri and since i had my phone linked to my car it was the only navigation app that allowed the voice to come through the phone so I could hear the directions in all my other navigation apps my car silences my phone and I can't hear the directions. The directions were also accurate so I have no complaints. I agree with previous poster that it is a new app and they will improve it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

Google the company has imperial influence. In fact, if it wasn't for Google, none of us would be here right now.

I just never thought that Apple would be the Mapping type. I don't know why they think it's valuable to them. It's not because Apple wanted features that Google couldn't give. Google Maps has more features than Apple Maps will ever have in the near future.

so you can tell the future now?? gtfo. just so you know Apple is aggressively perusing ex Google employees to help in this dept

why is nothing ever good enough for you?

do everyone a favor and put down the Code Red Mountain Dew, turn off your computer, leave your parents basement and go do some community service somewhere. JFC

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Did you read the above posted articles? This was important to apple and google dust deliver so they dropped it. Sure their maps application isn't better right now but that's not the point. Apple made a strategic move for the future. Sure they looked at the pros and cons. And they have to deal with those. But again maps is one application that's most users probably don't use on a regular basis and if they do its still not worth dropping a device or OS for. Again people making a fuss about an app all because of their personal preferences not realizing they are the minority. Again I don't agree with everything but everything isn't as clear cut and short sighted as we want it to be.

I had to buy a 3rd party navigation app (navigon) because google maps wasn't sufficient for me.

I'm done with this subject for the night. Not going to get worked up over 1 app that I barely used. On android you need 3rd party apps to do everything but that's another story that android fans would want to disregard.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday, I used Apple Maps to route a hundred mile trip without any problems. Turn-by-turn and the hybrid map worked perfectly.

I have used turn-by-turn twice and it was spot on both times. Who really just sits and looks at the maps? Or more correctly, the complaints are on the maps, but rather on the satellite images. I really don't see an issue here...

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, as the OP, I opened a can of worms as most every forum has become, an apple bashing thread from fandroids. Isn't there android central they can troll and destroy?

Bit perturbed by the 5% selloff this week in its stock. Would like to see a rebound to end the quarter this week.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, as the OP, I opened a can of worms as most every forum has become, an apple bashing thread from fandroids. Isn't there android central they can troll and destroy?

Bit perturbed by the 5% selloff this week in its stock. Would like to see a rebound to end the quarter this week.

Lol. Yeah that drop has almost been expected given the unrealistic expectation of sales figures. I believe the same thing happened last year it'll go back up especially is they do announce an iPad mini next month. And yes the apple/android pandora box is easily opened by users who always feel the need to compare, contrast and find something wrong as if what they are using is perfect when at far from it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You don't get much...and based on your posts and fragmented "points" in this thread, it's not surprising.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used turn-by-turn twice and it was spot on both times. Who really just sits and looks at the maps? Or more correctly, the complaints are on the maps, but rather on the satellite images. I really don't see an issue here...

Everything has worked fine. Siri's directions were spot on; and all the roads and distances were correct. Most of the complaints so far seem to be superficial and unrelated to the integral functions of the app itself.

Yep....I quite like it. It's very intuitive.

I think so to. I really love how the lock screen turns into a real-time display of the route.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
What is it with these companies that try to "roll the dice" against Google in order to obtain a monopoly.

Microsoft tried to pwn Google for 10 years with Bing and they've gotten NOWHERE.

I mean, nowhere.

Now Apple's trying to do it with Maps. You think they might want to try to start their own search engine?

They could. It might only be able to pull up like 2 pages but still.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What is it with these companies that try to "roll the dice" against Google in order to obtain a monopoly.

Microsoft tried to pwn Google for 10 years with Bing and they've gotten NOWHERE.

I mean, nowhere.

Now Apple's trying to do it with Maps. You think they might want to try to start their own search engine?

They could. It might only be able to pull up like 2 pages but still.

It's not rolling the dice. Why is apple not allowed to go their own direction? Just like Samsung disallowed google now on the gs3 and went with their own s-voice, apple is allowed to do the same. Everyone doesn't have to be dependent on google. Just like google wants us to use all their stuff so do all the other companies. Why is google allowed to have the monopoly? Actually what apple is doing is taking the monopoly from google by offering a different product. This conversation starting to get ridiculous now. Apple or anything other company does not have to use google services if they don't want. It's just that simple.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
But you don't earn a Monopoly by being crappy. I mean look at Bing. It'll never get off the ground. They're wasting resources.

I have faith in Apple Maps in like 20 years from now. But I don't wait that long. I've used it and it seems cool but you can tell it's going to take a looooong time to become relevant.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
But you don't earn a Monopoly by being crappy. I mean look at Bing. It'll never get off the ground. They're wasting resources.

I have faith in Apple Maps in like 20 years from now. But I don't wait that long. I've used it and it seems cool but you can tell it's going to take a looooong time to become relevant.

Dude again I'm not going to go back and forth about 1 app I barely use. And my stance is the same.... Apple or any other company can decide to use google or now. Not sure why you think everything revolves around google or doesn't for me. I use 2 google apps... Reader and voice. Everything else there's a sufficient option available. Again sounds like you want google to have the monopoly but for everyone else that can't do what they want and this is why others say to are trolling. In one thread apple is decades past the competition now you'll have faith in 20 years. Ok man. I'm done with this nonsense. Good luck with whatever you decide is your platform of choice.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Good lord. If you don't like apple maps...great.
I'm thinking about it now, and am getting pissed off at how many times google maps got me lost over the years(showed businesses at incorrect locations). And now I'm having to hear that it was the glue holding the most valuable company in the WORLD.
Pffft.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It's not even recommended to get an anti-virus unless you downloaded shady apps. And you can always opt-out to that crap. I hated my iPhone 5 so I switched back to my Epic 4G Touch and smashed the dumb iPhone 5. Worse spent money EVER.

If you want people to believe what you are saying is true and you actually "smashed the dumb iPhone 5" then that makes you look not very smart. You spent all that money on a product you obviously didn't research enough or wait for reviews to see if you liked it. And you spent AT LEAST $200 on it and it lasted less than 5 days and you destroyed it. Not very smart at all.

And yes, my Galaxy S3 on Sprint "recommened an anti-virus" on Sprint Zone. The app had a huge red "!" next to "security" every time I opened the app. On my buddy's EVO 4G LTE the same thing. It IS recommened even by google if you look at their help doc. And it just proves out that they allow "shady apps" on their marketplace without much content revision. Which is a problem in itself. Basically you can't explore apps with android safely.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
The most hilarious thing about this thread is that if you look at my start date? 2003, I was here before the first iphone.. which means I had first phone with keyboard, First Samsung keyboard phone, Treos..... Androids, first iphone... And every phone release there are threads labeled "Is this "new phone" Going to be the Demise of ....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2