Iphone 5 Apples Demise?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You will defend the products no matter what apparently. Just be level headed, and let your intuition tell you what's really up with Apple Maps. Seriously, there is no excuse for this trash.

Seriously Sean, cut the crap. Does it not worry you that Apple Maps has to have a caution sign at the beginning of it because it is a hazard to use. The app is heavily distorted and the 3D is practically usesless and nonexistent in many areas.

I've very angry about it. There is no excuse!

I'll defend a product if it works good for me, and i haven't seen ANY legitimate reason to think the maps system works less than great...i see a bunch of sensationalist headlines that are pointing out sketchy details that the people i personally know with iPhone 5's haven't experienced. Am i just supposed to go along with the online BS and be pissed that they experienced this (supposedly)? I don't give a sh*t what they experienced, or you experience or anyone besides me and my wife and maybe a family member or friend experiences, and thus far, it's been great.

And speaking of cutting the crap, it has a caution sign at the beginning because of it's relation to being used while operating an automobile...my MotionX app did the same exact thing for the years i used it.

Show me YOUR maps issue experiences, let's discuss that...until then, quit buying into the hype from those articles, i don't talk about articles, i talk about real world experiences, and in mine, the maps system has worked like a charm (and has been a source of entertainment checking out the 3D layouts around town).

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
20120920-DSC_7192VERGE_large_extra_large.jpg

I don't have anything else to say other than WTF Apple Maps is not even worth looking at. Google Maps didn't dissappear, they just made it a little more inconvenient. I think it's a waste of their resources.

And if they wanted to get rid of Google's presence, they should have started with Siri. It depends on it dammit.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Man...i can't stand Apple maps, look at this bullsh*t! It doesn't even look right! It must be the worst thing ever, APPLE MUST BURN! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!111!!!1!!1!

404059704.jpg

...oh wait, i needed to wait another quarter of a second for it to load completely...nevermind. I guess i shouldn't try posting pictures of a half loaded map screen in order to get people to realize that I'm trying to find something wrong with a product because I'm a troll.

404059705.jpg

...like i said, when you can come up with some of your own source material, we'll talk, until then, keep buying into the hype machine.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We can literally do this all day...back and forth. Bottom line, map system works perfectly for me, turn by turn navi works like a charm (used it a few minutes ago as a matter of fact). Can you find pictures of things that are not rendered properly? Yup, can it be because the screen hasn't loaded properly yet? Yup. Could it be a bad rendering on the map system itself? Yup. Is that the exception vs. the rule? Yup.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple - iOS 6 Feature Availability -- metrion, check that out and see if what you are whining about is even supposed to be available where you live... didn't you post a screenshot of what I'm guessing is your phone, and the carrier appears to be Swiss? If you're Swiss, there's some things The Maps app doesn't do yet... 3D is one of them.

Go to the App Store, buy Navigon, and quit griping.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
People come to the internet to complain mostly. So it's easier to find people talking about their own personal "defects" I know 4 people with a 5 and nobody has any issues.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's the main reason Android is ahead of Apple at the moment. Better quality applications, more universal, more customizable. Don't shoot the messenger, but iOS 6 maps is trash . Trash, trash, trash. They should've just kept Google as the map provider.

Google maps on iOS was trash trash trash. Sucked worse than temporary NFL refs.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
That's the main reason Android is ahead of Apple at the moment. Better quality applications, more universal, more customizable. Don't shoot the messenger, but iOS 6 maps is trash . Trash, trash, trash. They should've just kept Google as the map provider.

Yeah and along with all that customizeablity you get an OS that is known to be buggy and recommends anti-virus software. Why? Because their market is open source. When I had my GS3 I ended up downloading a few apps that I just wanted to try that installed ads on my home page. Yes, my HOME PAGE and my notification bar. I was seriously considering getting Norton mobile for it then I just thought "why on earth am I doing this? I shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee for an anti-virus on my phone!" so I sold it and got an Lumia 900. Great phone, but I switched to VZW and got the iPhone.

Also with Android you have to worry about whether or not your specific phone will be getting the latest and greatest updates to the OS. It depends on if it passes your manufacture's QA or if they even want to push it to specific devices. I remember reading an article about android phones and how there were only a few models that actually still got software OS updates throughout the 2 years somebody would own it on a contract before an upgrade. There's just too many manufactures of phones and too many different versions of the OS to keep up with. Couple that with the open-source market and never knowing if it's going to load a virus on your phone or not and you have a phone that, while extremely customizeable, is completely inconsistent with updates and reliability of apps.

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:54 PM ----------

We can literally do this all day...back and forth. Bottom line, map system works perfectly for me, turn by turn navi works like a charm (used it a few minutes ago as a matter of fact). Can you find pictures of things that are not rendered properly? Yup, can it be because the screen hasn't loaded properly yet? Yup. Could it be a bad rendering on the map system itself? Yup. Is that the exception vs. the rule? Yup.

Well said. And it's not like the app will never get updated. I don't understand why people believe the first version of ANYTHING will be as good as it will ever get.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Stop it. No more talking about Apple Maps. We're not going to get anywhere, even if it's complete crap. Even if it looks like it came out of the 90's. Even if you get stranded because of it. People are still going to think it's the best because they, like, Apple.

I don't have time for this. I rejected iOS 6 and I'm dammd proud of it.

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah and along with all that customizeablity you get an OS that is known to be buggy and recommends anti-virus software. Why? Because their market is open source. When I had my GS3 I ended up downloading a few apps that I just wanted to try that installed ads on my home page. Yes, my HOME PAGE and my notification bar. I was seriously considering getting Norton mobile for it then I just thought "why on earth am I doing this? I shouldn't have to pay a monthly fee for an anti-virus on my phone!" so I sold it and got an Lumia 900. Great phone, but I switched to VZW and got the iPhone.

Also with Android you have to worry about whether or not your specific phone will be getting the latest and greatest updates to the OS. It depends on if it passes your manufacture's QA or if they even want to push it to specific devices. I remember reading an article about android phones and how there were only a few models that actually still got software OS updates throughout the 2 years somebody would own it on a contract before an upgrade. There's just too many manufactures of phones and too many different versions of the OS to keep up with. Couple that with the open-source market and never knowing if it's going to load a virus on your phone or not and you have a phone that, while extremely customizeable, is completely inconsistent with updates and reliability of apps.

---------- Post Merged at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Well said. And it's not like the app will never get updated. I don't understand why people believe the first version of ANYTHING will be as good as it will ever get.

It's not even recommended to get an anti-virus unless you downloaded shady apps. And you can always opt-out to that crap. I hated my iPhone 5 so I switched back to my Epic 4G Touch and smashed the dumb iPhone 5. Worse spent money EVER.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not even recommended to get an anti-virus unless you downloaded shady apps. And you can always opt-out to that crap. I hated my iPhone so I bought the Epic 4G Touch at full price and smashed my iPhone with my good 'ol hammer.

so why are you here exactly? Trolling?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

False. Android apps are no where on par with iOS apps. Sure the google ones are but that's for obvious reasons. But everything else isn't. And this is coming from someone that has used both platforms simultaneously for the last 3 years. Just stop it with the exaggeration. A maps app will not break app. iOS is still overall the best mobile platform. Should apple have waited until their maps app was better? Yes. But they are tired of google so they had to do what they had to do. And think about this... Apple is a company hell bent on user experience. Don't you think they really thought this through knowing their app would be inferior but still willing to take the risk? It's not just about an app to them. It's about separately google from their core OS. And quite frankly native YouTube and maps weren't anything to write home about since google were intentionally withholding features. Did you know apple was pushing google for turn by turn navigation for 2 years but they never got around to doing it. So apple said ok we will have to do it ourselves and we will take the hit for it now but that's ok.

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
so why are you here exactly? Trolling?

No, I was here stating my opinion, but apparently that's called trolling so yes. Shoot me, idgaf.

False. Android apps are no where on par with iOS apps. Sure the google ones are but that's for obvious reasons. But everything else isn't. And this is coming from someone that has used both platforms simultaneously for the last 3 years. Just stop it with the exaggeration. A maps app will not break app. iOS is still overall the best mobile platform. Should apple have waited until their maps app was better? Yes. But they are tired of google so they had to do what they had to do. And think about this... Apple is a company hell bent on user experience. Don't you think they really thought this through knowing their app would be inferior but still willing to take the risk? It's not just about an app to them. It's about separately google from their core OS. And quite frankly native YouTube and maps weren't anything to write home about since google were intentionally withholding features. Did you know apple was pushing google for turn by turn navigation for 2 years but they never got around to doing it. So apple said ok we will have to do it ourselves and we will take the hit for it now but that's ok.

It's not all about the Maps. Honestly, I could give a rat's ass about the Maps. I'm just saying Android is much more customizable than iOS let alone having to root/jailbreak. Android manufactors support rooting , and projects like CyanogenMod, AOSP, AOKP, etc. They even provide tools to help root it. When Apple does, you can hit me up on AndroidCentral (TheNameIsNigel) , a well known developer, and samartian. So don't you dare bash me for trying to state my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh