Group Facetime?

number2448

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to iPhone, so I was just wondering -- is there group facetime? (like you can facetime with multiple people at the same time)

If not, are there apps that allow you to do this? thanks!!! :)

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey number2448, Im not sure that this is a stock feature of the iPhone 5. In fact, Im almost 100% sure it isnt. However, the app called "Fring" will allow you to video chat with several people. In my experience, its a little laggy and somewhat buggy but it does what its supposed to for the most part. Hope this helps! One more thing... WELCOME TO THE iPHONE/iMORE COMMUNITY!

Sanil Chawla

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, the best group video chatting is Hangouts (on Google+). It's available through the Google+ app in the App Store, and is absolutely free. I use it on an almost daily basis for general chat with friends and business as well. It also supports cross-platform video chat through almost any device, including over the web on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and via apps on Android and iPhone, so it's easy to hang out with anyone.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
TinyChat allows for group chat via web browser or iOS app. I use this often with colleagues as we are spread out across the nation.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to iPhone, so I was just wondering -- is there group facetime? (like you can facetime with multiple people at the same time)

My granddaughter has it all figured out. She had her iPhone facetiming one friend... my iPad chatting with another and grandma's iMac facetiming a third friend... not sure if/why it was "necessary", but she’s such a social butterfly. :)

If not, are there apps that allow you to do this? thanks!!! :)