Siri on iPhone 5

md17

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So last night I'm playing with the new iPhone on AT&T. I switched from Verizon because I had horrible coverage. My AT&T service is amazing but Siri was not working last night. I tried resetting network settings and toggling Siri. It took 45 minutes before it worked.

Does anyone else have Siri spotty was. Thank you.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was having trouble with Siri last night as well, around 2200est. I too am on AT&T, but which carrier you're on doesn't effect Siri.

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, SiRi has not been that great for me. Taking 30+ seconds to process requests, etc. My guess is so many people have SiRi now due to the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 on thier iPads that Siri is a little overloaded right now. Should calm down once everyone stops playing.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been having that issue from time to time, but since I'm used to not using it from coming from an iPhone 4 it's not that big of a deal.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Siri issues here also. Tried to use her around 6pm est last night. It ended up being faster just to type what I needed.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
But typing what you need may not be an option. I don't mind waiting 30 seconds or so. Remember, Siri is using the internet to get your requests so if you have spotty coverage that could be what is causing the delay. It has never been an embarrassment either. I love how its integrated into the new Maps. I just say "Take me to Pizza Hut" and it works like I want it to. I also use it a lot to text with.

Jtsarby

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Siri in theory is not embarrassing. Functionality is a different story. It is a great piece of technology that does not work consistently. I would say 60% at best for me and I live in a 4g area. I have many friends with iPhones who have the same feeling.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I have figured it out. If the algorithm understands you assuming you are in good coverage it works like a charm. If you speak differently or have an accent (no offense) it takes a while to register.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711