I5 owners. How's battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Almost a week now and the battery life is getting better. And I thought it was pretty good to start with.

Wow I wish I was getting battery life like that. Any particular settings that you've customized that have made a difference? Also are you on LTE?

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Some of the numbers I've seen here makes me believe that people that are getting 15 to 22 hours of stand by don't talk more than 20-30 minutes a day. So I included the screen shot of my cellular usage since launch day at 8:20 am.

View attachment 19813View attachment 19814

Yesterday, I didn't plug my charger right and woke up to 55% life. According to my recent, I made about 1.5 hours worth of calls and left me at around 45%. Dunno. About 10% for more than 1 hour and heavy texting isn't too bad still

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Battery life on this phone is amazing compared to my Samsung Galaxy S3. I have to charge the S3 every twelve hours due to the use I put it through in an average day. With the iPhone 5, doing the same things, I could happily run it for well over a day and a half.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow I wish I was getting battery life like that. Any particular settings that you've customized that have made a difference? Also are you on LTE?

I have dropped the screen brightness down to .25% or close to that. Auto brightness turned off.... Mail setting to fetch every hour with PUSH turned off. I do have location services turned on so far. I like to keep that on. So I have not messed with having that turned off yet. That's about it. Try that and see where you are at.

Also conditioning the battery I think helps a lot. I know many people do not think that has anything to do with it but charging the battery up and letting it fully drain (down to 5 or 10%) before recharging it back up again will help how long it will hold a charge. You don't have to do that forever just the first couple weeks of having the device. I know the MFG's say that you don't have to do that but trust me it helps.

Oh as far as LTE, I'm on WiFi most of the time. I'm only on LTE about 25% of my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73