iPhone 5 Wifi issue fix

BhamBB

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
This worked for me as i searched and searched! Finally my iPhone 5 is complete!

Settings> Wi-Fi > Blue icon next to the network you?re connecting to > Scroll to the bottom > Set your device?s HTTP Proxy to Auto (leave Url blank)

After this, try speed test again! Snappy!

I got this from iphone5issues.net. Let me know if this works for you.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Great find. It worked. Had no complaints about my wifi speed but after this my wifi speeds are faster. Thank you.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
No change here. Worth trying though. My iP5 wifi is terrible, like old phone modem days terrible, both at home and at the university where I work.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
No change here. Worth trying though. My iP5 wifi is terrible, like old phone modem days terrible, both at home and at the university where I work.

Wow...you should go to the apple store and get it exchange...my wifi is faster after doing this...

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

BrendaMiller

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this is going to seem difficult for many who are having wifi problems, but............ Set the phone up and simply use it for a couple of days, without restoring, resetting, or playing with settings....... I had a devel if a time with wifi, both at home and at the office, after receiving and setting up the phone Friday. However, by Sunday, all problems had disappeared and the phone is operating perfectly now.
I have iCloud backup on and Wifi Sync on. I'm convinced that the phone was trying to transfer the initial backup and sync info over wifi, eating up all of it's internal resources during that first day and my playing with settings simply prolonged that process, making it start over every time I reset something!
Now, I'm a happy boy, with no issues and much better battery life than I had with the 4s..........

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Interesting... my iP5 wi-fi connection at home has been wonky to say the least and at least at first after doing this it does seem better. Will monitor for a day or so....

maxiphone5

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Your fix hasn't worked for me.

Using the downloaded programme, Namebench, you can find the best DNS settings and, in my case, turning off HTTP Proxy. gives me the fastest speeds D/L 40.32mbps, U/L 17.16mbps

So as you see with my phone I am finding the speed test results very good, but buffering of data such as video, ridiculously slow.
I run my iPod touch against the iPhone 5 in downloading and running the same short video, at the same time and find the video downloads, runs and finishes on the iPod touch whilst the iPhone is failing to buffer enough data to run the video without stopping and waiting for the next batch of data. Hopeless... it taking over 4 minutes to run a video 93seconds long.

I've heard that Apple are beginning to assemble their products in the US, is this correct? I noticed with a friend's iPhone 4s, when it was opened to
see why the microphone wasn't working, that part of the assembly was incomplete! Is poor assembly the issue? It would support those who believe the issues
with the iPhone 5 are hardware not software related and why some people are not experiencing any problems at all.
To summarise, I don't think the problem is wifi speed but with buffering and I suspect poor quality control in the factory where the phone are being assembled.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow great find. I just recently started having a wifi issue where it wouldn't pick up full bars even when I'm close to the router. Even when I had full bars I was still getting terrible speeds. I did this method and it works great now, wifi speeds are triple what they used to be in the same spots.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Not only has it helped with speed issues, but in my dead spots....the signal strength is improved. What a great find.

jonathan2677

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
This worked awesome on my iphone5 so I tried it on my ipad4 also worked great ,I didn't really have wifi problems but after doing this seems faster gonna do the same for my girls 4s and mini

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Worth a shot but never really had a issue to start so we will see

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2