Uneven Home Button

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I know this may be nitpicking but I got my iPhone 5 friday and it had dead pixels in it. Took it to Apple and they replaced it for me. I have that slight rattle in my phone (home/sleep button), and my home button is half sunk in. The right side is flush with phone, but the left half of the button is sunk in a little bit and has a ridge there. Am I just nitpicking on this or should I get it replaced?

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
If you feel like something is wrong with it have it checked out. Mine feels even all the way around. The slight rattle in the phone has been on every iPhone I ever had since the 3GS at least. Nothing to worry about there.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ya the rattle doesnt really bother me, and the home button functions ok just an annoyance more then anything, I just dont want to nitpick ya know? I just feel spending that much money on a phone that I should be 100% satisfied lol.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Well of the apple store is within a reasonable distance I would take it to them to see what they say about it. But if its kot, then I wouldn't worry about it as long as it functions right and without any problems.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am running there after work and picking up some USB to Lightning cables. I just checked and they had a 5:40 genius bar appointment open so I booked it since ill be there anyway. My wifi speeds are terrible also. I have 18 mbps at home and the fastest I pulled using wifi was 7. On my 4S I was pulling 16-18 when tested at the same time. I figure thats a software issue though but gonna have them look at it anyway while im there.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Well the tech the rattle was normal and I didnt mention the uneven home button as she was not a super helpful tech. However I noticed my WiFi was super slow. I ran a speedtest and was pulling 4MB/S at the fastest (most were around 2-3 MB/S) on my iPhone 5. My iPhone 4S I had with me was pulling about 15 MB/S. She was like oh that app doesnt mean anything since Apple didnt write the app and she never heard of any WiFi issues with the phone. She noted my account and I left. She was definitely not helpful.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I am running there after work and picking up some USB to Lightning cables. I just checked and they had a 5:40 genius bar appointment open so I booked it since ill be there anyway. My wifi speeds are terrible also. I have 18 mbps at home and the fastest I pulled using wifi was 7. On my 4S I was pulling 16-18 when tested at the same time. I figure thats a software issue though but gonna have them look at it anyway while im there.

Do they even have the cables out yet? When I got my phone on Friday the apple store here didn't have any in yet.

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Uneven home button has been an issue for some...return it to an apple store--I recommend setting up a genius appt. They will replace it no problem.