Anybody take full advantage of your 4G/LTE on your iPhone 5?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
How often do you use the 4G on your iPhone since you've gotten it? Do you waste more Gigs or Megabytes in a day then with your iPhone 4 or 4S? Is your LTE ever off?

I've had mine on since the day I got it. But in order to save battery I decided to switch to 3G for now see how that plays out.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have left mine on the entire time without turning it off, mainly because I have a charger in my car, at my desk at work, etc so I always have juice. When I am at home I switch to wifi. I am only pulling around 7-8 MB/S which, while I will not complain about that, falls far short of what I have seen others posting on here.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've left mine on, so far I'm blown away by the battery life on this thing. I'm in a good coverage area, but this is a night and day difference compared to the SIII from ATT I have and it has a customer kernel configured for better battery life!

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
How often do you use the 4G on your iPhone since you've gotten it? Do you waste more Gigs or Megabytes in a day then with your iPhone 4 or 4S? Is your LTE ever off?

I've had mine on since the day I got it. But in order to save battery I decided to switch to 3G for now see how that plays out.
What would be considered "waste"? Did you mean "use"?

If and when we get LTE where I am, I'll definitely be using it more than my cable connection due to the higher upload speeds of LTE. So, I'll definitely be using more data in that respect.

Aaronkv

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I used about a gig of data with my 3GS a month. The 3 days I've had my 5 I've used just over a gig. Of course I'm playing with it more but I'm doing things I wished I could do on my last one. So glad I have unlimited!

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I usually keep LTE on but I think at work I'm going to turn it off because we are right on the edge and in a garage it keeps switching between 3G and 4G/LTE so it's draining the batter quicker.

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've used LTE phones since they debuted on Verizon, and coming from a Nexus that was awesome on battery life compared to the Thunderbolt, Apple has made a believer on not needing the biggest battery on LTE. I literally would watch my Nexus need a charge by 4pm with a full day of work with little to no use. My iPhone is at 82% as I write this with 8 hours standby and an hour of use. I pegged it out on Saturday and finally hit 57% 3 hours usage with 7 hours standby at 3pm. I'd never get close to that on my Nexus without the juice defender app.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my phone the whole day. Charged it last night to 99% and now have 6%. I used approximately 200MB from browsing and email. I'm using my phone a lot more than I did with the 4 because of LTE. By the way, I was checking 3G/4G speeds and signal in areas and I noticed when you turn LTE off and switch it back on, you need to power the phone off and back on. Is it just me or did anyone else notice it?

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I haven’t turned my LTE off. We just got it here in Cincinnati Friday the day the 5 came out. I'm loving it. I'm not too much worried about battery life. I keep my charger with me at work. I'm still excited just to have LTE where I live so I'm taking full advantage of it.
I have WiFi at home so I'm using LTE pretty much during the day at work, and when I'm not at home.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I've been using my phone the whole day. Charged it last night to 99% and now have 6%. I used approximately 200MB from browsing and email. I'm using my phone a lot more than I did with the 4 because of LTE. By the way, I was checking 3G/4G speeds and signal in areas and I noticed when you turn LTE off and switch it back on, you need to power the phone off and back on. Is it just me or did anyone else notice it?

If LTE doesn't come back after switching it back on just turn Airplane Mode off and on and you'll be set :)

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven?t turned my LTE off. We just got it here in Cincinnati Friday the day the 5 came out. I'm loving it. I'm not too much worried about battery life. I keep my charger with me at work. I'm still excited just to have LTE where I live so I'm taking full advantage of it.
I have WiFi at home so I'm using LTE pretty much during the day at work, and when I'm not at home.

LTE has been in Cincinnati for awhile, but recently expanded it

I leave mine on for the meantime and kinda scared since I switched to the family share plan 8gb. Need to try it out more at work but its hit or miss inside the building.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
LTE has been in Cincinnati for awhile, but recently expanded it

I leave mine on for the meantime and kinda scared since I switched to the family share plan 8gb. Need to try it out more at work but its hit or miss inside the building.

I'm with AT&T and they just flipped the switch on LTE for us last week. I know Verizon has had it for a while. I was wondering what took AT&T so long. I was socked with LTE popped up on my screen Friday, the reports said AT&T wasn’t suppose to go LTE here until later in the year. I’m loving it so far.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm with AT&T and they just flipped the switch on LTE for us last week. I know Verizon has had it for a while. I was wondering what took AT&T so long. I was socked with LTE popped up on my screen Friday, the reports said AT&T wasn?t suppose to go LTE here until later in the year. I?m loving it so far.

Oh ok my bad. I assumed you originally meant Verizon.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I carry my charger cord with me, so I have been using it when I am out and about. I have an AT&T M-Cell at my desk at work, so I use that otherwise.

The LTE made me realize how much I was missing with my iPhone 4...those updating from the 3GS (like my coworker) is going to be even more amazed at its speeds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711