Strange iPhone 5 Issue

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend picked hers up this past Friday and had something strange happen to it.

It was a Sprint iPhone 5. That Saturday it went from 9 am with 100% battery to 1% by 4 pm that day. It was switching networks like crazy! It went from LTE to 3G to o.

We took it to the apple store that evening and had them take a look at it. The employee kept going on and on about how Sprints network sucks and that is normal. We said no, switch it out.

We are glad we did, when he took out her SIM card from her phone he came to the realization that her SIM was a dud. There was something wrong with it. The battery life is still kind of rough (LTE can munch some battery!) but nowhere near where it was on Saturday!

If you are having that kind of issue and had a lot of weird issues activating your iPhone that may very well be whats going on.

Hope this helps someone!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend picked hers up this past Friday and had something strange happen to it.

It was a Sprint iPhone 5. That Saturday it went from 9 am with 100% battery to 1% by 4 pm that day. It was switching networks like crazy! It went from LTE to 3G to o.

We took it to the apple store that evening and had them take a look at it. The employee kept going on and on about how Sprints network sucks and that is normal. We said no, switch it out.

We are glad we did, when he took out her SIM card from her phone he came to the realization that her SIM was a dud. There was something wrong with it. The battery life is still kind of rough (LTE can munch some battery!) but nowhere near where it was on Saturday!

If you are having that kind of issue and had a lot of weird issues activating your iPhone that may very well be whats going on.

Hope this helps someone!

If signal is weak it will kill it ASAP .. I would turn LTE off when in weak coverage

Glad they found a bad sim but I have seen this same issue with sprint on the 4s and it comes down too having weak signal and phone is constantly searching

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I will let her know to turn off LTE unless she knows she is in an area that is known to have it. Kind of like turning off the wifi antenna unless you are using it. Thanks for the tip Peligro!

Sean. No need to be a turd.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I will let her know to turn off LTE unless she knows she is in an area that is known to have it. Kind of like turning off the wifi antenna unless you are using it. Thanks for the tip Peligro!

Sean. No need to be a turd.

Exactly I bet the phone got hot also the constant searching will cause that also ... Makes me wonder maybe the sim wasn't bad or went bad from all the on off on off ... If it still has a signal issue on 3G then you might want to switch carriers lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have Sprint...here in Miami we don't have LTE yet...which is why my LTE switch is OFF. The moment I hear Sprint turns LTE here that switch its going ON :)

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner