Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    miketko's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    my auto brightness doesnt seem to be working at all? on or off if i have the slider on fully low or bright it doesnt adjust.

    anyone else having issues? i did a search and couldnt find any related topics
    Thanked by:
    Over-iOS (09-24-2012), JesseFont (09-05-2013)
  2. #2  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,444 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    If I remember correctly, the fix was something similar to this: turn off auto-brightness and then slide the lever to its dimmest position. Now move the slider to just slightly right of it dimmest position and then turn on auto-brightness. After that, allow bright light to shine on your screen. That was it. It worked for me. If I come across the thread that contained the instruction, I will post a link to it in this thread.
    Thanked by:
    carrickfergus (09-26-2012), kmc979 (09-24-2012), miketko (09-24-2012)
    Jeremy and precon22 like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    miketko's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    If I remember correctly, the fix was something similar to this: turn off auto-brightness and then slide the lever to its dimmest position. Now move the slider to just slightly right of it dimmest position and then turn on auto-brightness. After that, allow bright light to shine on your screen. That was it. It worked for me. If I come across the thread that contained the instruction, I will post a link to it in this thread.
    that seemed to work. Thanks!
    hopefully it sticks.
    if you find that link id still like to check it out. thanks again
  4. #4  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,444 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by miketko View Post
    that seemed to work. Thanks!
    hopefully it sticks.
    if you find that link id still like to check it out. thanks again
    You're very welcome and I sure will. I just returned home from testing out the iPhone 5 at a nearby Verizon store.
    precon22 likes this.
  5. #5  
    olddutchfarm's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    This worked for me also - thanks!
  6. #6  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,444 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by olddutchfarm View Post
    This worked for me also - thanks!
    You're very welcome, but note that I just passed along what I learned from someone else...
  7. #7  
    kmc979's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    i was having the same problem, thanks!
  8. #8  
    tlgem's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Thanks for the tip
    Mine gets brighter ok in bright light but diming back down is really slow
    Think they need to tweek the software
  9. #9  
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    LCW's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    781 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlgem View Post
    Thanks for the tip
    Mine gets brighter ok in bright light but diming back down is really slow
    Think they need to tweek the software
    Seems like this might not just be with the iPhone 5... My iPad mini is doing this
  10. #10  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,444 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by LCW View Post
    Seems like this might not just be with the iPhone 5... My iPad mini is doing this
    This has been fixed with the iOS 6.0.1 update, at least for many of us. When you enable auto-brightness, move the lever to your desired level of brightness in a low-lit area. Now go to a well lit area (preferably outside). Your screen should increase its brightness. Now go back to the low lit area and watch the level of brightness decrease back to the level you initially set it to.
    Thanked by:
    LCW (11-06-2012)
  11. #11  
    IAmAuthority's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    394 Global Posts

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    This has been fixed with the iOS 6.0.1 update, at least for many of us. When you enable auto-brightness, move the lever to your desired level of brightness in a low-lit area. Now go to a well lit area (preferably outside). Your screen should increase its brightness. Now go back to the low lit area and watch the level of brightness decrease back to the level you initially set it to.
    Looks like Just'D is a fan favorite Thanks for the fix!
  12. #12  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    17,234 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,444 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default auto-brightness problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmAuthority View Post
    Looks like Just'D is a fan favorite Thanks for the fix!
    You're very welcome. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day...
    IAmAuthority likes this.
  13. #13  
    smfa1965's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Thanks much. Worked for me too. Glad I checked this thread as I thought my device was faulty. Hopefully this will help with my battery drain!
  14. #14  
    pitkos's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: auto-brightness problem?

    Thank you !!!! It fix the problem on my iPad 3 ver 6.1.3

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Brightness Settings?
    By Infiniti7 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 09:34 AM
  2. Auto Brightness bug?
    By disflipissofresh in forum iPhone 5
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 03:20 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM
  4. Auto-Brightness Not Working?
    By ChaosShadow in forum iPhone 4S
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 05:56 PM
  5. iPhone 4 Auto Brightness
    By mustu in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B