Navigation on Verizon iPhone 5

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have not bought one yet and wondered if the Navigation continues while on a call with Verizon's 5 or will it cache enough of the map to keep you on course while on the call. I travel a lot for work and use my phone for navigation in rental cars. Presently I have an HTC Rezound and would like to switch, but the way the Verizon version handles LTE has me concerned. I am already bummed about not being able to do voice and data when I can do it on my Rezound even in 3g. I want to get back to the iPhone but not sure if this is the time or not. Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From your description of your navigation needs, you might be better off with a 3rd party app rather than the native one - look at Navigon or Garmin OnBoard.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I own Navigon from my previous days with iPhones. It is just a shame that I wouldn't be able to use the full functionality that was built in with the iPhone 5 like it was intended. That would mean I would loose out on the conveniences of the OS by just pressing on an address and have it come up on the screen. I think I have become lazy with the modern conveniences these smartphones offer. Thanks

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You're doing it wrong. Talk faster. :p

jk. Yeah, I assume it won't be transferring since the maps are data. You're probably have to go back to Navigon. Or possibly use Skype (or other voip) for calls you have to make out, so it's all on the data network.

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Buy the way I used Navigation and it does cache provided you are already on the route first. Can't do it if you are on the call first.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711