Anyone else feel like this phone is too light?

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I love the speed of it... and the screen is nice (not amazing)

But I just can't get over how light it is... honestly... it bugs me lol. I want my phone to feel more solid... and the iphone 5 just feels like a toy :(

All well. Its still a really good phone.

samuelmorgan

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I kept dropping mine the first day because I was used to my iPhone 4S. Even though the weight isn't a huge difference, it's noticeable when you pick it up constantly.

barkerja

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The first day I used it, it felt ridiculously light, but the more I use it, the more I am getting used to it. I picked up my 4S for the first time this evening and it feels like a brick. I'm loving the size and overall form factor of the 5. It's great.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing too! I know it's not cheaply made by any means, but to me it doesn't seem as solid because it's so light. Some people love lightness, but I prefer a good heavy solid feel. I will definitely be picking up an OtterBox soon, right now I'm rocking a clear TPU case to show off it's beauty.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol? Apple has provided us with thinness . Aluminum .no plastic.glass
The reflection of a completely elite phones.
You guys are really asking for everything and I hope apple will not take this into consideration.
If you feel the phone is too light. How about attaching a 1kg weight to it ? :)
This phone is not made just for people who works out.
There are lazy ass people like me who just want to avoid doing thing unnecessary.working out is a hassle.
Hence, we want a light phone. As light as possible so that we don't need strength to hold it.
I thank apple for that .
Thank you apple for helping me be lazy and improve your accessibility so that one day I don't need even move my hand to interact with the phone

Dysharn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the speed of it... and the screen is nice (not amazing)

But I just can't get over how light it is... honestly... it bugs me lol. I want my phone to feel more solid... and the iphone 5 just feels like a toy :(

All well. Its still a really good phone.

Get a Samsung :) that will fix your problem :)

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
What an issue! :)))

Btw. I was having so much heat problem on my 4S. But iPhone 5, damn I have no heating issues! I don't know if anyone faced with overheat issue on 5, but I don't think so.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Feels like a toy? The phone feels like it's made out of carbon fiber! It's deceivingly light...i picked it up for the first time expecting it to feel weighted at least similarly to the 4S and it was like a whole new world. To me the phone feels solid and efficient, it doesn't feel plastic and light, it feels like the Macbook Air to me, scary light...like "how the hell did they do this?" light.

To me, the phones rocking the plastic shells feel like toys...sure they're light, but they also feel extraordinarily cheap (even the 3G and 3GS felt cheap to me, and they were whales compared to this phone, it was just that plastic outer shell).

I can totally get this is going to be bizarre to some people, my wife personally said the same thing but more as a question..."I'm afraid I'm going to break it" was her exact words. I get that, when you associate the light chassis with the fragility, i can understand why a person might be thrown off about it. But to be honest, looking at many of the tests online thus far, dropping the phone and impacting it with various things, it seems pretty damn tough!

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the weight of this iPhone! It seems like the perfect balance between having a light weight device that still feels like a solid piece of equipment. If it was the same weight of the last one people would be complaining about that and if it was all wrapped in plastic they would be saying that it felt cheap! I think it's perfect this way.......:D

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love it . . . although because it's so thin, it's harder to grab and pick up when its laying on a hard surface (desk, table etc . . ), especially without a bumper or a case. . . if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll start carrying around a little spatula to pick up my little beauty. :p

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Comparatively, the weight, or lack thereof, does take a bit of time getting used to, but once you do, it definitely doesn't feel like a toy. However, I'll admit that as I picked it up from the box I thought "This is too light; this can't be real.".

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I think it's the perfect weight honestly. You have something this light yet it's made with top quality materials and not plastic. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
You aren't going to drop a phone because it's too light. It's a perception thing.

I know this statement is becoming cliche, but this truly is a "first world problem".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234