Anyone else feel like this phone is too light?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Everyone that thinks the IPhone 5 is too light or hollow I'll PM you my address so you can send them to me and I'll send one of these

Snapple Care included

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I agree with the OP, I know it will take some time to adjust l the change from the 4S.

I also think the weight difference may be why I find it harder to type/less accurate (as others have also mentioned).

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think it is a weight with luxury items we have to contend with for now. A nice automatic swiss watch is going to have some heft. When people pick it up and its weight gives the impression it is made of plastic people think its cheaply made. The heft of the 4 and 4S gave people the feeling its built with quality parts.

Like everyone is saying, its just going to take some time for everyone to adjust.

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree, when I felt it in the apple store, I was thinking that I would be afraid to slip it in my back pocket like I do my 4s sometimes. I would be anxious over sitting on it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just returned from a nearby Verizon Store to experiment with the iPhone 5 and I have to agree with you all. Even with the security device connected, the iPhone 5 felt uncomfortably light. I can only imagine how much lighter it would feel without the security device in place. I had my iPhone 4S with me and the difference in weight was night and day.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow...can't believe people are complaining about how light it is. I bet you if apple would've made this phone bigger thicker and heavier people would've complained big time. I honestly like it. Coming from a 4S I do notice the difference. I like how easier it is for me to drop it in and take out of my pocket. The fact that it is longer makes easier for my hands to reach device while in the pocket. It's safe to assume that with the iPhone 5 being lighter when it hits the floor the impact is much less than the impact of the 4S since its heavier. In any case I love the size, feel, looks, and everything about this iPhone. To each it's own.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I love it . . . although because it's so thin, it's harder to grab and pick up when its laying on a hard surface (desk, table etc . . ), especially without a bumper or a case. . . if you know what I mean. Maybe I'll start carrying around a little spatula to pick up my little beauty. :p

ROTFLMAO - find a VC or investor angel and you've got something there. iSpatula and other accessories ;)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the lightness actually. As I've told other, it doesn't feel like it's made from the most breakable substance known to man.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Its either too heavy or too light.. or maybe its too thin or better yet maybe its too tall..

Seriously people..

I was very serious when I said that the iPhone 5 felt uncomfortably light. That is exactly how it felt to *me* during my initial time with the device and I was not joking. Does that mean I think it is too light? No, but it does mean that in comparison to its predecessor, it felt uncomfortably light to *me*. Does that mean that if I were to get the device that I'd still feel that way after some time has passed? Nope, but as of right now and with only a few minutes time with the device, my impressions remain the same...;)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I understand this issue. Next thing we'll hear is that the screen is too clear.

Can we agree on these?
1. The title of this thread is "Anyone else feels this phone is too light?"
2. Not everyone will feel the same way.
3. Compared to the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5 is significantly lighter in weight.
4. Despite how each of us may feel in regard to its weight, the iPhone 5 is indeed a top tier and well sought after device.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Can we agree on these?
1. The title of this thread is "Anyone else feels this phone is too light'
2. Not everyone will feel the same way.
3. Compared to the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 5 is signs cantle lighter in weight.
4. Despite how each of us may feel in regard to its weight, the iPhone 5 is indeed a top tier and well sought after device.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

:)

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
lol... i still think its an amazing phone... and i'm loving it more and more as time goes on...

Its just really light.. wish it was as heavy as the 4S, then it would feel solid.

#FWP

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I personally love the feel and weight, but it does take a little getting used to, especially compared to the density of the 4s. I certainly appreciate it when I'm out for a run since it no longer feels like it's going to pull down my shorts!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234