Procastinated...and to be shipped Oct 25-31!!!

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well....I procrastinated! Yup!!!!

I just placed my order via Apple Online for a white 16gb iPhone 5.

Shipping between Oct 25-31!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!!

What are the chances I will receive this before then???

I woke up at 3am EST time day of pre-order, had it in my cart to deliver Sept 21st...But I talked myself out of it!

Went to Apple store and fell in love! I am coming from an iPhone 4...

I bought it unlocked...Apple store is selling it on contact or full price for phone locked to Rogers Carrier, I didn't want that so Unlocked it is....

Now the waiting begins!!!!! UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Probably charging outrageous prices too. I would of tried finding one in store first. I have heard some stores still have some in and they will probably get a few in between now and the time your phone ships. Take it from someone typing this on an iPhone 5 right now, that sucks because this phone is awesome!

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I would try every place for like, 30 miles to see if they have any left in stock. Might be worth a try. Your chances of receiving the phone before then that way seem pretty slim though. Sorry, bro.

tattooaddict is right. The phone is awesome though! ;)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Browse the boards... I recall a dude on here that had an incoming phone he wouldn't be needing (and was going to sell for same price) since his original order went through or something like that.

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I know the phone is awesome. Checked it out at the Apple Store!!!
LOVED IT!
I keep checking the status when I know the order was placed just yesterday LOL just hoping it would change.
No such luck.

I called around yesterday for over an hour, everything is sold out! And I don't want it locked to a carrier.

I did have a good chance Saturday, buy full price but locked to a Carrier at the Apple Store, I decided against it!!

I've got 2 of my family members now switching to iPhone.

Keeping my fingers crossed I receive it a couple of weeks early lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you take into account that the delayed shipping time probably is a combination of lack of stock and the fact that fully unlocked iPhone's never go on sale immediately upon release? It takes, at times, 3-4 weeks before the unlocked variants are available to the public, and looking at your shipping date, my guess is that is exactly what you are waiting on (not so much the limited stock).

Could you get it early? Sure. But I'm guessing by a few days, not weeks.

asapp

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
did you check with your provider? I walked in a AT&T store on Friday, 21st at 10:30am and walked out in 20 minutes with my white 16gb iphone 5. Never hurts to check with them.

AppleLadie

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I am from Canada. With Rogers. Yes Apple Store near me had some iPhone 5's in today. However, I wanted it unlocked.
They are only selling iPhone's locked to a provider.

Sucks, but I may just be tempted to get it locked.....what are the benefits to having it unlocked???

Should I just go get one??

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I am from Canada. With Rogers. Yes Apple Store near me had some iPhone 5's in today. However, I wanted it unlocked.
They are only selling iPhone's locked to a provider.

Sucks, but I may just be tempted to get it locked.....what are the benefits to having it unlocked???

Should I just go get one??

The ONLY benefit to having one unlocked is to have the ability to use different carriers of your choosing instead of being locked into the one you buy it from. The unlocked iPhones also carry a little more value.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Check the carrier store where you are and then check the Apple Store every morning. The carriers get a small shipment in weekly and the Apple Store gets shipments in daily. Just keep checking an you'll probably get one in a few days.

MrNolan#WN

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I feel sorry for you. You will probably wait that full time. I ordered on pre-order day at 5:00pm and I still have no info on when my phone will ship.

UncleDrew

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You could try going to the apple store. I've heard there were stores still receiving shipments of iPhones. You never know, you might luck out

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Well....I procrastinated! Yup!!!!

I just placed my order via Apple Online for a white 16gb iPhone 5.

Shipping between Oct 25-31!!!!!
I can't believe it!!!!

What are the chances I will receive this before then???

I woke up at 3am EST time day of pre-order, had it in my cart to deliver Sept 21st...But I talked myself out of it!

Went to Apple store and fell in love! I am coming from an iPhone 4...

I bought it unlocked...Apple store is selling it on contact or full price for phone locked to Rogers Carrier, I didn't want that so Unlocked it is....

Now the waiting begins!!!!! UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

7A9D7FD7-B25C-4EE2-9674-184B3F8F1898-541-0000003389B1BFDA.jpg

Acelx

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Most likely if it says 3-4 weeks than im sorry but it seems pretty much true since Apple is pretty much sold out.. plus you want it unlocked soo.. you just need to keep going back and forth to different Apple stores or call around..

Im sure you will have better luck driving each day and calling each store than to wait on Apple online orders..

or maybe your willing to spend $1,000 on a eBay one

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing the same thing. I placed my order late last night with the 3-4 week wait time. There is actually one at the local Verizon store(of course a third party store) with my name on it but after spending four hours over three days with the idiots trying to activate it I would rather wait a month for the phone than give those fools a nickel of my money. That plus they plain lied to me was the breaking point.

I'm hoping one of the side effects is going to be that the initial issues were teething issues with the first batch that will be fixed with the later ones.