The funny things I heard about the iPhone 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I went to an Apple store where I live to finally get my hands on and play with a demo unit. While I was there, being more knowledgable about the iPhone 5 the comments I heard made me laugh a little inside. The age range at the table was quite diverse so it was a pretty funny experience.

The first one I heard was from two teenage girls. One was looking at the iPhone 5 while the other says "The only thing it has better than my iPhone 4s is a better speaker grill".

Then two guys in their twenties one was looking at the iPhone 5 then the other says "It looks so cheap compared to my Samsung Galaxy SIII". This one made me laugh a little inside a phone made of aluminum and glass looks cheap compared to one made of plastic. I thought that was hilarious.

The last one was two older people looked like maybe in their 30s. The mother was going on and on about how good it was. Then she says these are great prices for such a nice phone. Beyond the hardcore Apple fanatics like us these are the people Apple really care about. So it was nice to see that kind of reaction to the device.

Overall I just chuckled at some of the comments.

Reactions: precon22

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Haha. The guy with the galaxy s 3 made me laugh the most. Those phones are so cheap. The s2 was probably the cheapest made phone I have ever had. I had dumb phones that were higher quality

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Is funny when I hear people say the only difference between 4S and 5 is that is a little bigger. Really? No more glass back. Twice as fast. Lighter. Thinner. And the biggest difference 4G LTE. LTE alone is a reason to upgrade!!

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Is funny when I hear people say the only difference between 4S and 5 is that is a little bigger. Really? No more glass back. Twice as fast. Lighter. Thinner. And the biggest difference 4G LTE. LTE alone is a reason to upgrade!!

Actually for me he biggest reason is the HD front facing camera. I never understood why they made that one less powerful. 90% of my pics are self portrait.
Its even more questionable with the ipad, the front camera should be the more powerful one or at least both should be equally amazing.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I was kind of surprised how little the people in line with me early Friday morning knew about the iPhone 5. I just assumed people who cared enough to be there several hours before opening (or much more) would know as much or more than I did. Wrong-O.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Now that I've held the phone I can appreciate how much work Apple must have put into making the phone lighter and thinner. So to me it's like they built a brand new phone.

The problem is, that wasn't necessarily a problem that needed to be solved IMO. And for the amount of work they must have put into it it doesn't really add much to the actual user experience.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
The last one was two older people looked like maybe in their 30s. The mother was going on and on about how good it was. Then she says these are great prices for such a nice phone. Beyond the hardcore Apple fanatics like us these are the people Apple really care about. So it was nice to see that kind of reaction to the device.

older people in their 30s?!!?!?! ouch.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
So yesterday I went to an Apple store where I live to finally get my hands on and play with a demo unit. While I was there, being more knowledgable about the iPhone 5 the comments I heard made me laugh a little inside. The age range at the table was quite diverse so it was a pretty funny experience.

The first one I heard was from two teenage girls. One was looking at the iPhone 5 while the other says "The only thing it has better than my iPhone 4s is a better speaker grill".

Then two guys in their twenties one was looking at the iPhone 5 then the other says "It looks so cheap compared to my Samsung Galaxy SIII". This one made me laugh a little inside a phone made of aluminum and glass looks cheap compared to one made of plastic. I thought that was hilarious.

Overall I just chuckled at some of the comments.

"Older people in there 30's". Wow. Just made me feel old. I must be ancient.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm in mid 30's..... Sall good.... People in their 20's can call that old. But they can also call my Credit line Large Son!! I made it rain on Apple.... 64GB....AppleCare+...OtterBox Case...3 lightning cables....Adapters on Pre-Order... Did it all without Blinking. Jay-Z said 30 Da new 20.....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Haha. The guy with the galaxy s 3 made me laugh the most. Those phones are so cheap. The s2 was probably the cheapest made phone I have ever had. I had dumb phones that were higher quality

Exactly I almost laughed out loud when I heard it but whatever c'est la vie. lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm in mid 30's..... Sall good.... People in their 20's can call that old. But they can also call my Credit line Large Son!! I made it rain on Apple.... 64GB....AppleCare+...OtterBox Case...3 lightning cables....Adapters on Pre-Order... Did it all without Blinking. Jay-Z said 30 Da new 20.....

lol you guys are killing me I'm 29 so I'm not some youngin' I meant compared to the people at the table they were older. Crap I was older than most of them too :p

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
"I'm going to miss having all my apps..." (I'm always shocked at how few people really use iTunes and/or don't know how to do a backup/restore.)
"You have to use Google Earth now because they took out the maps."
"You can't even watch YouTube now!"

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
"I'm going to miss having all my apps..." (I'm always shocked at how few people really use iTunes and/or don't know how to do a backup/restore.)
"You have to use Google Earth now because they took out the maps."
"You can't even watch YouTube now!"

😂 those made me laugh like hell.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.

So funny to hear all of this. It's a completely different device, yet it is still an iPhone. Pretty sweet.

And of course it looks the. same. (Sort of, yet not). It's still a PHONE - how much different do any of them look, really? ;)