Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default The funny things I heard about the iPhone 5

    So yesterday I went to an Apple store where I live to finally get my hands on and play with a demo unit. While I was there, being more knowledgable about the iPhone 5 the comments I heard made me laugh a little inside. The age range at the table was quite diverse so it was a pretty funny experience.

    The first one I heard was from two teenage girls. One was looking at the iPhone 5 while the other says "The only thing it has better than my iPhone 4s is a better speaker grill".

    Then two guys in their twenties one was looking at the iPhone 5 then the other says "It looks so cheap compared to my Samsung Galaxy SIII". This one made me laugh a little inside a phone made of aluminum and glass looks cheap compared to one made of plastic. I thought that was hilarious.

    The last one was two older people looked like maybe in their 30s. The mother was going on and on about how good it was. Then she says these are great prices for such a nice phone. Beyond the hardcore Apple fanatics like us these are the people Apple really care about. So it was nice to see that kind of reaction to the device.

    Overall I just chuckled at some of the comments.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    Thanked by:
    precon22 (09-23-2012)
    kch50428 likes this.
  2. #2  
    gixxer07600's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

    Default

    Haha. The guy with the galaxy s 3 made me laugh the most. Those phones are so cheap. The s2 was probably the cheapest made phone I have ever had. I had dumb phones that were higher quality
  3. #3  
    Audizine's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    731 Global Posts

    Default

    Is funny when I hear people say the only difference between 4S and 5 is that is a little bigger. Really? No more glass back. Twice as fast. Lighter. Thinner. And the biggest difference 4G LTE. LTE alone is a reason to upgrade!!
  4. #4  
    cocochannel's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbinho View Post
    Is funny when I hear people say the only difference between 4S and 5 is that is a little bigger. Really? No more glass back. Twice as fast. Lighter. Thinner. And the biggest difference 4G LTE. LTE alone is a reason to upgrade!!
    Actually for me he biggest reason is the HD front facing camera. I never understood why they made that one less powerful. 90% of my pics are self portrait.
    Its even more questionable with the ipad, the front camera should be the more powerful one or at least both should be equally amazing.
  5. #5  
    kilcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    374 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

    Default

    I was kind of surprised how little the people in line with me early Friday morning knew about the iPhone 5. I just assumed people who cared enough to be there several hours before opening (or much more) would know as much or more than I did. Wrong-O.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
    fridayxiii likes this.
  6. #6  
    kilcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    374 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbinho View Post
    Is funny when I hear people say the only difference between 4S and 5 is that is a little bigger. Really? No more glass back. Twice as fast. Lighter. Thinner. And the biggest difference 4G LTE. LTE alone is a reason to upgrade!!
    Now that I've held the phone I can appreciate how much work Apple must have put into making the phone lighter and thinner. So to me it's like they built a brand new phone.

    The problem is, that wasn't necessarily a problem that needed to be solved IMO. And for the amount of work they must have put into it it doesn't really add much to the actual user experience.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
    cocochannel likes this.
  7. #7  
    jon01's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    102 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    The last one was two older people looked like maybe in their 30s. The mother was going on and on about how good it was. Then she says these are great prices for such a nice phone. Beyond the hardcore Apple fanatics like us these are the people Apple really care about. So it was nice to see that kind of reaction to the device.
    older people in their 30s?!!?!?! ouch.
  8. #8  
    slalomskie's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    476 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    So yesterday I went to an Apple store where I live to finally get my hands on and play with a demo unit. While I was there, being more knowledgable about the iPhone 5 the comments I heard made me laugh a little inside. The age range at the table was quite diverse so it was a pretty funny experience.

    The first one I heard was from two teenage girls. One was looking at the iPhone 5 while the other says "The only thing it has better than my iPhone 4s is a better speaker grill".

    Then two guys in their twenties one was looking at the iPhone 5 then the other says "It looks so cheap compared to my Samsung Galaxy SIII". This one made me laugh a little inside a phone made of aluminum and glass looks cheap compared to one made of plastic. I thought that was hilarious.

    The last one was two older people looked like maybe in their 30s. The mother was going on and on about how good it was. Then she says these are great prices for such a nice phone. Beyond the hardcore Apple fanatics like us these are the people Apple really care about. So it was nice to see that kind of reaction to the device.

    Overall I just chuckled at some of the comments.
    "Older people in there 30's". Wow. Just made me feel old. I must be ancient.


    Sent from my iPhone 4
    Steve Jobs created iCloud so he would have somewhere to go when he died and still be with Apple.
  9. #9  
    Paradocks's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slalomskie View Post
    "Older people in there 30's". Wow. Just made me feel old. I must be ancient.


    Sent from my iPhone 4
    I'm 50. That must make me a living fossil.

    Sent from somewhere
  10. #10  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,900 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default

    ^^^ I was just about to comment on this...lol. In their 30's and they are "older people"?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jon01 View Post
    older people in their 30s?!!?!?! ouch.
    lol I'm not a teeny bopper myself I meant compared to everyone else at the table
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  12. #12  
    Apple4ever2011's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default

    I'm in mid 30's..... Sall good.... People in their 20's can call that old. But they can also call my Credit line Large Son!! I made it rain on Apple.... 64GB....AppleCare+...OtterBox Case...3 lightning cables....Adapters on Pre-Order... Did it all without Blinking. Jay-Z said 30 Da new 20.....
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tattooaddict View Post
    Haha. The guy with the galaxy s 3 made me laugh the most. Those phones are so cheap. The s2 was probably the cheapest made phone I have ever had. I had dumb phones that were higher quality
    Exactly I almost laughed out loud when I heard it but whatever c'est la vie. lol
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apple4ever2011 View Post
    I'm in mid 30's..... Sall good.... People in their 20's can call that old. But they can also call my Credit line Large Son!! I made it rain on Apple.... 64GB....AppleCare+...OtterBox Case...3 lightning cables....Adapters on Pre-Order... Did it all without Blinking. Jay-Z said 30 Da new 20.....
    lol you guys are killing me I'm 29 so I'm not some youngin' I meant compared to the people at the table they were older. Crap I was older than most of them too
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
  15. #15  
    Massie's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    5,015 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,020 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0.2

    Default

    "I'm going to miss having all my apps..." (I'm always shocked at how few people really use iTunes and/or don't know how to do a backup/restore.)
    "You have to use Google Earth now because they took out the maps."
    "You can't even watch YouTube now!"
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    Ipheuria's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    6,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    "I'm going to miss having all my apps..." (I'm always shocked at how few people really use iTunes and/or don't know how to do a backup/restore.)
    "You have to use Google Earth now because they took out the maps."
    "You can't even watch YouTube now!"
    😂 those made me laugh like hell.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  17. #17  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,275 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    I'm 50. That must make me a living fossil.

    Sent from somewhere
    I'm with you. I'm just a few months away from 50. I guess that makes us both fossils...lol
  18. #18  
    Bias X's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    595 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
    Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

    I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.
  19. #19  
    btitus's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    I'm 50. That must make me a living fossil.

    Sent from somewhere
    At 45 I'm right behind you!
  20. #20  
    Rocket_Girl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    251 Posts
    Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bias X View Post
    Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
    Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

    I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.
    So funny to hear all of this. It's a completely different device, yet it is still an iPhone. Pretty sweet.

    And of course it looks the. same. (Sort of, yet not). It's still a PHONE - how much different do any of them look, really?
  21. #21  
    Raptor007's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    512 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    I had to laugh about the GS3 comment as well. While I do feel its a nice phone, I do not agree its better built than the iP5. Aluminum and Glass is far nicer in the hands than plastic and glass. But once you put a case on it (like I will) my iP5 will not be as noticeable which is fine by me, don't need it stolen anyways.
    2014 15" MacBook Pro, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, iPhone 4S (Verizon for Work) & Pre-Ordred iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Gold (AT&T), Waiting on iPad Air 2 to be announced.
  22. #22  
    Merrillane's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Met an AT&T rep and he told me the differences between iPhones with AT&T and Verizon. I cancelled my sons Verizon preorder and only stood in line 2 hours Friday at the apple store and walked out with a black 32gb AT&T iPhone 5 for my son. With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.
  23. #23  
    boomhower1820's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merrillane View Post
    Met an AT&T rep and he told me the differences between iPhones with AT&T and Verizon. I cancelled my sons Verizon preorder and only stood in line 2 hours Friday at the apple store and walked out with a black 32gb AT&T iPhone 5 for my son. With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.
    That's not news. It's always been like that. My view is, talk and data or a vast LTE network. I'll take the latter.


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  24. #24  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,010 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,891 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merrillane View Post
    With AT&T you can search the web or send an email while on a call and with Verizon you cannot.
    On cellular only, true. This will not be an issue for the majority of users because of the prolific availability of wifi. The typical user will know where they can have wifi, and if they truly need talk and surf, they will be somewhere wifi is available. And for those that talk & surf is an absolute essential, they'll have the surf part covered by resources that don't involve their phone.

    AT&T's incessant harping on "talk & surf" is pure, unadulterated marketing hype - nothing more.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  25. #25  
    Exxod's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    502 Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bias X View Post
    Everyone I keep talking too keeps saying "it looks the same".
    Then I show them the phone has been rebuilt from the ground up. New everything from hardware to software.

    I even convinced my friend to buy one after giving my little speech.
    After showing and letting one of friends mess with my 5, he said he wants one. He's currently using a Razr Maxx.
    - iPhone 6; Space Grey, 64GB
    - iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
    - iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
    - iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPod touch 4G; 8GB
    - MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)

    "You'll always be two steps behind me."

    You'll shoot your eye out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions