AppleCare+ vs asurion

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well I got both as of right now. Thinking I should just drop Verizon insurance on the phone. What's your thoughts? Which is better?

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Applecare doesn't cover loss/theft, so if you are worried that one of those could happen then stay with Asurion. Applecare is only a $50 deductible, while Asurion is a $200.00 deductible. I have never had the Asurion, I had Applecare for my 4S, but neglected to purchase it for my 5. (Really wishing I had) Gonna just get squaretrade as nearest Apple store is 3-4 hours away. I would say Applecare all the way as you rarely hear a bad thing about Apple's customer service.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I had Squaretrade and AppleCare on my iPhone 4.... It totaled about 170$... AppleCare + wasn't offered back then. Had I done same for iPhone 5.... That would be 100$ + 99$ for both. I chose to just go with AppleCare + this time around. You are covered enough with AppleCare + for just about anything except loss or theft...

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Applecare doesn't cover loss/theft, so if you are worried that one of those could happen then stay with Asurion. Applecare is only a $50 deductible, while Asurion is a $200.00 deductible. I have never had the Asurion, I had Applecare for my 4S, but neglected to purchase it for my 5. (Really wishing I had) Gonna just get squaretrade as nearest Apple store is 3-4 hours away. I would say Applecare all the way as you rarely hear a bad thing about Apple's customer service.

You do have 30 days to call apple and get AppleCare +. I'd do that before anything else.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Asurian is TRASH. Worst 3rd party insurance company ever. I've had customers get iPhones back from Asurian with the screws at the bottom near the charging port loose, in turn, causing the glass to move up and down from the bezel. I would go with square trade (cause they send you a nice souvenir case ;) ) or apple care.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I got applecare+. My sister is getting both squaretrade and applecare. She's that clumsy.

As for covering theft, I don't care about that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2