muggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I like my world better than living in fear that some paranoid guy can carry a gun and is okay with killing someone in his idea of self defense over a cell phone.

Good lord.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

When you get in your car do you put your seat belt on?

PARANOID!

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your house?

PARANOID!

Do you wear a helmet while bike riding?

PARANOID!

Please. It truly is scary that someone would kill over a cell phone. Take that up with the bad guys, and I'll make sure when that fails I have a means to protect myself.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
There's no theory about it bud...deadly force only requires fear of severe bodily harm or death against you, and in the case where my iPhone is in my pocket and someone decides it's their day to try and take it from me forcefully, they die.

Agreed. If someone runs off with my belongings after taking them from me and I shoot them down and tell the officer that I was in fear for my life, that's probable cause to get off clean if your permit and gun is registered properly.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not quite sure you understand what a "mugging" is. Mugging, buy it's definition, is an attack on you. Not somebody coming up and asking you to take your stuff nicely, not someone running off. If you are attacked you can respond with force. In the vast majority of self defense cases involving a firearm, no shots are fired. The presence of a firearm de-escelates the situation instantly.

Ah yes, eager for confrontation. And cops are eager to shoot people as well. I mean they cary around guns too right? Fallacy. The people that went out and put their time into being a responsible concealed carry citizen never want to even draw their gun. Much in the same way people put on a seat belt never want to be in an accident. Why someone would threaten your life over an electronic gadget is shocking to me as well, but I live in the real world. I am a realist and realize that if people are getting shot for a PS3, I want to have a means to defend myself. You must realize that people don't CHOOSE to be mugged. The scum chose to put you into a life or death situation. The bit about not being able to afford it is also a fallacy given the fact that nearly every firearm mentioned here costs as much or more than an iPhone, and most us us don't have just one. My Walther P99 cost well more than one. The last bit I agree with though. Situational awareness cannot be replaced, but also cannot be solely relied on.

+1. Literally no one except my girlfriend, parents, and brother know that I conceal carry (and now you all whom I most likely will never cross paths with outside of this forum lol) It's not something I'm going to go and announce, it's not something I feel the need to show off, it doesn't boost my ego. I don't go crazy with weapons, I don't have an armory in my house, the weapon I carry is a small 9mm that holds 7 rounds, nothing to brag about, but it does what it needs to if I needed to and that's what matters. It's there because if I'm not out at work then I'm out with my family (and especially) my 6 month old son and if someone dangers their life as well as mine I wouldn't think twice about putting a slug in their chest. As stated, there are some real nut jobs out there and anyone who thinks they could never be victim of an attack needs to seriously reconsider their passive thought pattern.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
When you get in your car do you put your seat belt on?

PARANOID!

Do you keep a fire extinguisher in your house?

PARANOID!

Do you wear a helmet while bike riding?

PARANOID!

Please. It truly is scary that someone would kill over a cell phone. Take that up with the bad guys, and I'll make sure when that fails I have a means to protect myself.

1) not always

2) no actually we don't.

3) nope. Hate helmets.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Since when is an attack a simple act of taking a cell phone? What about the beating someone could potentially take when that robbery is happening? The stabbing? The gunshot? You pretend like (in your world) someone simply walks up to you, says "Hey sir, can you please give me your iPhone? Thank you." and that's that...no muss, no fuss.

In the real world (where most of us live), muggers arn't Mr. Rogers and asking politely to take a phone...they're the kind of people who try to break your jaw to take your phone when you refuse to give it to them or don't response immediately like a cowering dog. Now maybe in your fantasy world (See: Canada), cowering away when someone tries to take what is yours is the way to go...happily, i don't live in that world, and I'm able to defend myself and what is mine to the level i see fit based on the threat that is presented to me.

My last post in this thread because I can't agree with your ideology but I walk home at night by myself as a female without fear in a city of 30000 people.

I guess our fantasy world in Canada is working okay since we don't have the gun violence issues you do even in areas like mine where there tend to be firearms for hunting purposes.

I will never have a gun in my house and I'm fine with that.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Most, if not all, muggers are willing to severely harm, or kill, their targets. Whether they want your shiny new iP5, your wallet, or your Rolex, it makes no difference. I believe a concealed weapon is a perfectly acceptable form of self-defense. And if you don't like guns, there's always mace, a taser, or a knife (my preference; just make sure you can wield it, too, learning how to throw it is alway a plus).

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My last post in this thread because I can't agree with your ideology but I walk home at night by myself as a female without fear in a city of 30000 people.

I guess our fantasy world in Canada is working okay since we don't have the gun violence issues you do even in areas like mine where there tend to be firearms for hunting purposes.

No, you're right, no need for protection in Canada.

Mass Shooting In Canada: Compare and Contrast | Crooks and Liars

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Just have it surgically placed into your chest like Iron Man and then no one will dare to even try and steal it from you!!!

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Like the others this is why I have my Florida concealed weapon license and carry a M&P 45 compact. Although killing someone trying to take a cell phone is a little excessive that's a risk I'm not going to take.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348960183.045307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm...

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/08/27/police-investigate-shooting-incidents

...there's a little Ontario city with some gun violence, lol. I could probably find more...but i think your stance is adorable either way. Does your little town wake up every morning and sing camp fire songs while you smile and feed each other candy?

Enjoy your little town...i couldn't live like a child in a place where they tell me it's unlawful for citizens to own handguns. And FYI, my wife jogs in the evenings without fear in our little town of 500,000 people. She also owns a 9mm Glock, and has been named a marksman by the same instructors I qualify with for my job. She also highly disagrees with your ideology.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...

Police investigate shooting incidents | Brantford-Brant | News | Brantford Expositor

...there's a little Ontario city with some gun violence, lol. I could probably find more...but i think your stance is adorable either way. Does your little town wake up every morning and sing camp fire songs while you smile and feed each other candy?

Enjoy your little town...i couldn't live like a child in a place where they tell me it's unlawful for citizens to own handguns. And FYI, my wife jogs in the evenings without fear in our little town of 500,000 people. She also owns a 9mm Glock, and has been named a marksman by the same instructors I qualify with for my job. She also highly disagrees with your ideology.

I'm always up for a rousing rendition of kumbaya! :)

jb-145-4.jpg

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
it is pretty scary, there has been a few crime around campus already regarding apple products. no one has been hospitalized/dead this school year, thank goodness. but i really havent given much thought to earphones :O

i use my ipod shuffle with my outdated apple earphones not pods. im not much of a fan of listening to music with my iphone in general. but i obviously still setting myself up for an apple attractable target. im sure when i get my earphones yanked out of me only to find that i carry a shuffle isnt going to give me a free ticket since theyll probably take my money and end up finding my phone anyways LOL.

now im going to carry an android phone (apparently no one wants to steal an android LOL) and switch out my apple earphones...to beats (lol jk) maybe some good ol' skull candy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348984424.047840.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348984424.047840.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 23

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2012/08/27/police-investigate-shooting-incidents

Good for your wife.

You can speak to me like I'm brain damaged all you want, although your condescension isn't really appreciated. You live your life your way, but don't bring your guns if you come to Canada. You view it as a plus to have every man, woman and child armed to the teeth and I view that as a scary proposition. I will take a society where I apparently 'live like a child' over living in such fear I feel the need to carry a weapon every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Fyi, Brantford is 3 times bigger than my city, so comparing is silly, and it's close enough to Toronto to be getting spillover gun violence, something Toronto does have a problem with. You know, since the guns get smuggled in from your delightful culture. Go NRA. :rolleyes:

I'm out. I know I had said I was done before but your tone really pissed me off, frankly how you get to talk to people the way you do at times on this forum and not get a mod action, I don't know. You wont get a response because when someone speaks to me the way you just did, they go on ignore. NOW I'm out.

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Good for your wife.

You can speak to me like I'm brain damaged all you want, although your condescension isn't really appreciated. You live your life your way, but don't bring your guns if you come to Canada. You view it as a plus to have every man, woman and child armed to the teeth and I view that as a scary proposition. I will take a society where I apparently 'live like a child' over living in such fear I feel the need to carry a weapon every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Fyi, Brantford is 3 times bigger than my city, so comparing is silly, and it's close enough to Toronto to be getting spillover gun violence, something Toronto does have a problem with. You know, since the guns get smuggled in from your delightful culture. Go NRA. :rolleyes:

I'm out. I know I had said I was done before but your tone really pissed me off, frankly how you get to talk to people the way you do at times on this forum and not get a mod action, I don't know. You wont get a response because when someone speaks to me the way you just did, they go on ignore. NOW I'm out.

Wow that's a lot of arguing in favor of not wanting to protect ones self. Personally I'd rather take an extra step and strap a gun on before I leave the house and be considered a "crazed gun toting NRA member" than be found dead in a ditch and trust me it happens more than you think even in small towns.

If your scared of guns that's fine but don't try to make it out like owning a gun makes you a bad person.

I understand you we're talked to like you we're a child, but lets be honest you're "it'll never happen to me" approach is a little juvenile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.