I'm not getting LTE on AT&T just 4G

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
im having this same problem. at&t's OLAM shows im still on the ip4. i guess i will need to call them first thing in the morning. also, theres no option to manually change my device to the iphone 5, its not even in the drop down menu. wth???

Last edited:

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
How do I check to see if I am on provision ? Is it in the AT&T website or something?

You have to call AT&T (dial 611) or go to a store. What we see when we signin to the AT&T website is quite different from what is actually in the system. Like "dictoresno" the website still shows me having an iP4S, but both the phone CSR and when I went into a local store had me with an iP5 with unlimited LTE data.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks, I don't think AT&T has LTE in Virginia yet, just 4G which is pretty fast in its own right. But I am still gonna check in the am!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I just checked the AT&T website and now my account shows me having an iP5 with unlimited LTE data ... so maybe they updated their website overnight. Yesterday it still showed me having an iP4S and I couldn't even change it like "dictoresno" stated in his post

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
While we're on the topic of 4g and LTE with our new iphone 5's does anyone else have any problems when they turn "LTE" off in settings not getting data at all?!? I show 4g right now with AT&T but when i turn off "LTE" in settings it doesn't give me 3g.....or any data for that matter....another problem i'm having is that when i was in a building the other day with "NO SERVICE" i noticed after i got back outside the signal bars kept jumping from none to full without any designation (3G/4G/LTE etc)....had to turn my phone off then back on again to get back on the network...anyone else with these problems....both times i had to restart the phone just for it to find signal again....thanks for any help~Chris

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You need to make sure that AT&T switches your data plan to an unlimited data plan with LTE. You can keep your unlimited, you even get a separate 5GB cap before getting throttled. But they need to change the data plan in their systems for you to get LTE access. If you are upgrading from another phone make sure they switch your data plan; I already went through this when I got a Lumia 900 earlier this year.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
You need to make sure that AT&T switches your data plan to an unlimited data plan with LTE. You can keep your unlimited, you even get a separate 5GB cap before getting throttled. But they need to change the data plan in their systems for you to get LTE access. If you are upgrading from another phone make sure they switch your data plan; I already went through this when I got a Lumia 900 earlier this year.

thanks for the reply, when i go into my AT&T account overview of what data package i have it shows that I have an iphone 5....but then it shows 2 different data packages....1 that shows "data unlimited for iphone" and it shows an "Expiration date of 11/112012....the second one selected for data is: data unlimited for iphone on 4g LTE.....but that one shows an "effective date of 11/11/2012......anyone know why that is?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
when i go into my AT&T account overview of what data package i have it shows that I have an iphone 5....but then it shows 2 different data packages....1 that shows "data unlimited for iphone" and it shows an "Expiration date of 11/112012....the second one selected for data is: data unlimited for iphone on 4g LTE.....but that one shows an "effective date of 11/11/2012......anyone know why that is?

That is AT&T transitioning you from the "old" unlimited data plan to the new LTE unlimited data plan. The fact that the right plan appears to not be active right now may be your problem... probably worth a call to see what they have in their system.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
That is AT&T transitioning you from the "old" unlimited data plan to the new LTE unlimited data plan. The fact that the right plan appears to not be active right now may be your problem... probably worth a call to see what they have in their system.

that's exactly what it was snapthrow, thanks for the help everyone....now when i turn off LTE on my phone it still gets me back to 4g with AT&T probably was just getting confused between the two data plans?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the AT&T website and now my account shows me having an iP5 with unlimited LTE data ... so maybe they updated their website overnight. Yesterday it still showed me having an iP4S and I couldn't even change it like "dictoresno" stated in his post

yea around 5am, i got an email from att stating that my account has been changed/activated. looks like it took almost 24 hours for it for the provisioning to go through. but now its all working. i still had to call the reps in the morning though. i was provisioned for LTE but wasnt getting the signal. she resent my activation and i rebooted the phone, then i got LTE. OLAM now properly shows the iphone 5 and unlimited LTE data on my account. the tower for 4G gets gets me full signal, where LTE gets me 2 bars so the phone keeps reverting to 4G, i guess cuz its a stronger one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234