Not again!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I found it funny because the videographer went from making a case that the iPhone 5 may have a grounding problem to bashing AT&T for not allowing him to upgrade and buy the device at a subsidized price, and that, in my opinion, is his primary gripe.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I can reproduce it...if I press the phone into my skin. Just sitting there it doesn't do anything. My advice for him is don't set it on your skin lol. Kind of a wierd place to set it if you think about it. Your not going to rest your phone on your arm. I could see your leg but usually your going to have some form of clothing on. Not a big deal of you ask me. I'm willing to bet a lot of phones will do that if your press it into yourself like I had to to reproduce this.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I understand that this happens but almost every cellphone on the planet if you hold it a certain way it loses signal.. I repeated this with many blackberrys android phones and the iPhone.. its just people specifically like to try and make the iPhone look bad ... get over it

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
"If I lay it on my arm, the phone is grounded... Look I lose 2 bars!"

Ummm, what?! I was all set to get an iPhone 5 next month but if I can't carry/balance my phone on my arm it's a deal breaker...

People will whine about anything...

freight48

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Just tried it with my Bold 9900 and it does the same thing! It's a conspiracy! BlackBerry and Apple are working together to ruin the world!

This guy is nuts.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
i just tried this and it did the same thing on mine went all the way down to no bars couldn't even text however its not like you would be sitting the phone on your arm or something and yes i agree all phones loose signal one way or another lets sit back and see how this turns out.. i don't get the rant on att dude was on some juice or something and he didn't pay full price it would have been over 600.00 bucks he paid early upgrade price 250.00 and 199.00 deeeededeeeee

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I tried this and couldn't reproduce it?

I'm wondering if its depends on the network? I'm on Sprint so maybe its not as bad on CDMA....

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Every phone suffers some signal loss if it's in direct contact with a person's body, hand included. Some are much worse than others (see iPhone4) but they all are affected.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
When those who look for fail fail to find it, they make it up.

i did it right after watching the video i am also on att and it did drop the bars all the way down to none however its not a issue for since as i stated earlier i would never have the phone sitting on my arm while talking.. dude was made about what he had to pay all that tripping out was not needed he officially joined the short bus line.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lmao at some of the comments here:D thanks for the laugh you guys!!

And yea, people will try anything just to make something look bad....but this is just too funny - really

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My dog ate my phone and when it came out it smelled horrible.... But the signal is great. It even works on my wife's arm.... I'll be damned if I am putting Canine Fecal Phone on my arm.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you should ask for a change and complete your contract.. Better for the entire world.. Don't let Genius Bar to try it on their back.. Maybe the signal goes up... Higher the risk place, higher the signal

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone wants their 10 minutes of fame. The easiest way to get YouTube hits is put Apple in the description and some kind of issue. I think I'm going to do one because did any of you know that if you balance an iPhone 4 or 4s on your head. Then walk a few steps the ☎ will fall hit the floor and crack the screen or back. If it doesn't happen the first time I guarantee it will eventually happen. *Face Palm*

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2