- 09-22-2012, 09:48 AM #2
- 09-22-2012, 09:51 AM #3
- 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM #4
- 09-22-2012, 10:27 AM #5
- 09-22-2012, 10:39 AM #6
- 09-22-2012, 10:40 AM #7
- 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM #8
- 09-22-2012, 10:50 AM #9
- 09-22-2012, 10:59 AM #10
- 09-22-2012, 11:03 AM #11iMore Intermediate
- 460 Posts
- iOS Version
Excellent so far.- iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
- iPhone 5; Black & Slate, 16GB
- iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
- iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
- iPod touch 4G; 8GB
- MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)
"You'll always be two steps behind me."
- 09-22-2012, 11:09 AM #12iPhone Newbie
- 37 Posts
Battery is amazing. I've had Android and Windows 7 and never had this good of battery life. Picked my phone up at 8am yesterday and it was down to 1% about 1am the next morning. Thats a day of texting, web surfing, downloading apps, and playing with a new phone. Good stuff.
- 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM #13
- 09-22-2012, 11:24 AM #14
- 09-22-2012, 02:24 PM #15iMore Newbie
- 42 Posts
- iOS Version
Did a full charge over night. Took off charge at about 0845 this morning or so. I have 5 hours, 45 minutes on standby, 3 hours and 12 minutes of usage for a total of 8 hours and 57 minutes and I am at 64% battery life left. That's with LTE turned off since I don't get LTE in my area, Facebook, twitter, email, iMessage, app store, sports apps......plus i close all apps in the tray when i'm done with them. Not too shabby, look forward to seeing how long it takes for it to just die.
- 09-22-2012, 02:25 PM #16
- 09-22-2012, 04:25 PM #17iPhone Newbie
- 16 Posts
From 100% battery yesterday, I hit 62% before I put it on the charger for the night. I had about 3 ½ hours of actual usage (and I think around 5 hours stand by).
I fully expect the battery life to rock once I'm over the honeymoon period and not using it almost every waking minute.
I averaged about 6 hours of usage on the 4S; from what I'm seeing from my own usage and others on here, I expect to see around 8 hours of usage with this new phone (which is exciting!).
- 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM #18
- 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM #19
- 09-22-2012, 04:58 PM #20iMore Intermediate
- 119 Posts
- 09-22-2012, 05:11 PM #21
- 09-22-2012, 11:15 PM #22
- 09-22-2012, 11:19 PM #23
- 09-22-2012, 11:36 PM #24iMore Intermediate
- 108 Posts
Coming from 3 Androids in the past (Samsung Galaxy Nexus recently), this battery life is awesome!
I saw comments about the navigation draining it fast. That would definitely be expected if the screen is on along with the GPS chip.
For those that are trying to make it last all day and have issues, turning off 4G will definitely help, but I know its sucks to not have it on when you want to use it. I wish there was a way to have the phone revert back to 3G when the screen has been off for a while and switch back to 4G when the user turns it back on. My rooted Nexus had that feature, saved a lot of power. (but still not as good as the iPhone 5).
- 09-23-2012, 12:24 AM #25
My battery life is really good. I know how it is to have bad battery life though, as my 1st 4s was really bad. Perhaps some iPhone 5's have bad batteries too?
Here is my battery life. I plugged my phone in for 30 seconds to make sure the 5 worked with my Nissan Altima stereo system. That's why it says I plugged in...
To be fair, I've been on wifi for 80% of the day.
- By Kdan Mobile in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-03-2011, 06:36 AM
- By tinagrace222 in forum iOS Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-2011, 03:13 AM
- By ladjr in forum iPhone 4Replies: 15Last Post: 02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
- By frozinwater in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 11-10-2010, 04:11 AM
- By naviwilliams in forum iPhone 3G ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-11-2009, 05:36 PM