How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
yeah i heard that could damage the battery in some ways
I plug it a 10%.
is "usage" on iOS = "screen time" on android?

I would assume so. This is how usage is defined on Apple's site...

"Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you?re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email."

oniwanbanshu

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I would assume so. This is how usage is defined on Apple's site...

"Usage: Amount of time iPhone has been awake and in use since the last full charge. The phone is awake when you’re on a call, using email, listening to music, browsing the web, or sending and receiving text messages, or during certain background tasks such as auto-checking email."

so i would say that iphone 5 battery life is twice better than most of android according to the 8h of usage that people gets.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
so do you think that i5 battery life is really better than the S3 you got?
ps: but did you really use your phone during these 9h?

Yes it's better. As far as the 9 hrs...I checked my timeline on twitter a bit, watched some YouTube videos, I was fairly active on Tapatalk and did some web browsing. Had a few phone calls but nothing too major. I'm sure the background stuff was a decent portion as well.

oniwanbanshu

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's better. As far as the 9 hrs...I checked my timeline on twitter a bit, watched some YouTube videos, I was fairly active on Tapatalk and did some web browsing. Had a few phone calls but nothing too major. I'm sure the background stuff was a decent portion as well.

thanks for those answers, I had s3, note 2 etc... but I'm fed up with the battery life on android and I wanted to switch to iOS and it seems that the iphone 5 has a great battery life.

is it true that one hour of web browsing using wifi takes about 10% of battery?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Decide to try turning off wifi all day on my iPhone 5 (VZW)... LTE only... Inside building at work for about 10 of those hrs... with a decent but not great signal... Not too bad... This is running 6.1.3 beta 2

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1361846039.389736.jpg

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
6.1.2 is no good for me. battery life is worst than 6.1. I usually restore as new instead of upgrade, then restore the backup

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
6.1.2 is terrible for me too, I wonder why all the tech sites jump on every lame passcode bypass loophole yet ignore the battery issues plaguing this release??

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
so i would say that iphone 5 battery life is twice better than most of android according to the 8h of usage that people gets.

You're kidding right twice as good? From what I'm reading you guys aren't getting a third of what my RAZR maxx is getting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362013753261.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362013753261.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 64

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I wish I can go back to 6.1. 6.1 was the best so far for me. Second is 6.0.2, which came shipped with the phone. last is 6.1.2. I have only experienced 3 iOS so far.

6.1.2 is terrible for me too, I wonder why all the tech sites jump on every lame passcode bypass loophole yet ignore the battery issues plaguing this release??

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
You're kidding right twice as good? From what I'm reading you guys aren't getting a third of what my RAZR maxx is getting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

You're also on EV-DO which is not going to eat battery like LTE. The phone you have is the only Android phone on the planet that beats the iPhone in battery life. Don't take my word for it, look at this graph from Anandtech. ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362030025.432199.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR