How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

oniwanbanshu

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I also had the s3, and used to reach 3h screen time which is pretty bad I think
so does the i5 have a really better battery life than the 3, cuz I've seen people do like 8h of usage.

thanks

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to 6.1.2 and to my observation, the battery life is worst than 6.1. But then I just upgraded it yesterday, I heard that it takes few days for the software to settle on the battery usage (just as when I upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.1, the initial reaction was worst, but then gradually improve).

I took note of my battery usage, so I can report any improvement within few days.

anyone upgraded to 6.1.2 and saw any difference?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is still terrible on 6.1, I set up as new and it didn't help at all, was thinking of erasing all content and settings this time before restoring, or does that not matter?? I'm looking at all options here as my battery life is 50% what it was on 6.01, wish I had never upgraded!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely gonna have to say yes. Right now I'm at 3 hours, 11 minutes of usage and only down to 77% battery. Oh yeah!

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I get 2 days out the battery or a full day with heavy usage. I have found that exchange active sync accounts can cause battery drain in general, but also after an OS upgrade they can become corrupt. Trying deleting the account and setup again. I changed all but my work account to imap and I Happy.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
What was your usage ?

All my screenshots are gone but you gotta think that even with the screen off there are a number of things that are allowed to run amuck in the background on Android devices. Once I went into data usage and restricted background data to wifi only my battery life sky rocketed. I could get at least 8 hrs on 1/2 of a battery.

oniwanbanshu

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
All my screenshots are gone but you gotta think that even with the screen off there are a number of things that are allowed to run amuck in the background on Android devices. Once I went into data usage and restricted background data to wifi only my battery life sky rocketed. I could get at least 8 hrs on 1/2 of a battery.

And what about the iphone 5, what's your usage to get 3h and down at 77?
That's quite awesome !

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 40% left after 15 hours and I feel confident to leave the house with that much juice. I'm off today for a Dr visit.