How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I use safari,facebook,twitter and Instagram as well as play some games and use tapatalk to read on forums :)

takuma089, do you play games with your iPhone? if so, what games? or just browsing (safary, facebook, instagram, twitter, etc)? you can match the usage with standby... wow

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Travis Gallion

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I think LTE has something to do with the battery life. I'm not sure of the correlation between the two, but I think there is a connection. I remember using 3G and 4G... Using LTE just seems the phone doesn't have to work as hard.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I think LTE has something to do with the battery life. I'm not sure of the correlation between the two, but I think there is a connection. I remember using 3G and 4G... Using LTE just seems the phone doesn't have to work as hard.

When you're in a strong service area, neither has to work as hard. 😊

I live in New Orleans and Verizon's LTE is super solid. The 3G is great as well. If I turn the LTE off, the 3G is less taxing on the battery. I think it just all depends on how strong the network is in a particular place.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
No?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

No because you aren't getting 24 hours of usage unless you have that thing hooked up to an external battery pack, plus your usage and standby times are the same. I can rig my usage #'s too by just playing music and putting the phone down..

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No. My phone is not connected to an external battery pack, this is out from just one charge. always connected to wifi on school and always tweeting and reading on forums and sites like imore,crackberry and technobuffalo

No because you aren't getting 24 hours of usage unless you have that thing hooked up to an external battery pack, plus your usage and standby times are the same. I can rig my usage #'s too by just playing music and putting the phone down..

iandrewj

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I work 4x 10 hours shifts and just started to listen to audio books, battery life is just fine. I'd estimate 8.5 hours of audio book and the rest is Flipboard feeds and FaceBook.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360319442.997976.jpg

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I observed my phone and it seems like for every 7 hours, the phone would consume 1/3 of its battery (so every 7 hours, battery has 66% charge left). wifi on, LTE on, games, no email, and social stuff... so it seems like for the whole day (~21 hours) I would need to charge the phone.

Is this normal?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360523669.119567.jpg
This is pretty typical for me. I live in a good LTE area but work in an area on the border of having LTE so it's a little worse at work.

estroh

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are there any differences to battery life or charge by charging my iPhone 5 using either the wall AC to USB adapters from the iphone, ipad mini, or ipad? I think they have different watt outputs?

gibbo82

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys wot I'm I doing wrong!??

I've tried ever tip possible, but I'm still getting really poor battery life

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360705727.415437.jpg

Also battery went down to 20% and the usage disappeared!??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360705809.397205.jpg

juanc723

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
There's definitely a glitch in 6.1 that Apple isn't admitting, it's pretty bad when my 2.5 year old iPhone 4 that's jailbroken running dozens tweaks/themes gets better battery life than my new iPhone 5..:eek:

the thing is that there is a glitch in every damn version release ever since the original ios! 6.1 was out for developers and testing for over a month!! they release it and then they release a fix for something they messed up 2 days after! i just cant understand this.. i will post my poor batt life soon.. just waiting for it to reach 1%

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods