How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

blake_woody

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My battery lasts great. It may sound weird but since I installed the Dark Sky weather app, I swear my battery life has improved dramatically. The app requires location to be on constantly if you want to get the alerts for rain, snow, etc. I have that turned on and I swear it seems that the battery life has doubled on my iPhone 5.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My best one yet. I read the web, played YouTube videos, texted, checked/replied to emails, updated/downloaded apps. Bluetooth, some notifications, wifi at home, and some location services on.

View attachment 25727

Sent from my iPhone 7

I'm surprised no one tried to argue with you to "prove" that you've charged your phone. Seems like whenever I post something like that someone has something to say. Good battery life.

MacjP

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Is my battery life good or bad?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/25/aqaraqen.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have a problem with this usage time indicator. It shows the same time of usage time and standby time constantly. But I'm not using it all the time... what should I do? Is there any chance I could discover which app is causing that problem without reseting phone to it's defaults? :/ I really don't want to do the reset..

iandrewj

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy with the 5's battery life. Until a phone can guarantee me 2 solid days I still recharge every night as I don't want the device to die half way through the next day.

ysujy2yj.jpg

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the 5's battery life. Until a phone can guarantee me 2 solid days I still recharge every night as I don't what the device to die half way through the next day.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

That is exactly how I approach my iPhone battery life

takuma089

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you should download Battery Doctor from the appstore. I use that to check my battery life and it repairs it while it charges

Hello,

I have a problem with this usage time indicator. It shows the same time of usage time and standby time constantly. But I'm not using it all the time... what should I do? Is there any chance I could discover which app is causing that problem without reseting phone to it's defaults? :/ I really don't want to do the reset..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

JamesEubank

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I think its too early to say, for me. I brought new and genuine iphone a week later. Still its cool. No problem in battery. But I cann't tell anything because, it's too early to say.:rolleyes:

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I can now consistently get 9+ hours of usage time and 24+ hours between charges. I am very very impressed with this phone. It is better than what I got on my iPhone 4.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359521698.905664.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359521710.623230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7

chevysales

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
those of you that use your camera a lot do you have all photo apps setup so they have LOCATION SERVICES on?

As if not then the apps don't have the ability to put complete (and in some cases any info at all) EXIF data in the pics. I mention this as iPhoneograhy has taken off big time. But anyone reading this knows this too. I always schleped my Nikon full frame D700 around along with my Nikkor pro lens 24-70 fr2.4 and 70-200VR2 f2.4. I must say for the everyday shoot whipping my iPhone5 out of my pocket and catching a good shot is great and a h#ll of a lot less weight :) . That said the EXIF data is very important as it tells all settings that many are interrested

Those that do use iphone camera apps will usually have about 5.
2 or 3 for post processing and the always handy Camera+. Photoshop Express, Instagram. now you add the social media apps like facebook/twitter.... who don't want to left behind so intergrated stills and video... both of which don't use full capabilities of hardware and compress/pics and videos.

So as I try to save on battery usage I am also in a delema as having a setting off only to try to remember going thru settings to turn something on for that one quick picture is out of the question. Wonder exactly how much battery these settings actaully use.

lukeec123

May 29, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty good! You should repeat that usage pattern but instead of using Wi-Fi use LTE and see what your battery life is after that. That's the real test LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW