How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

aleem86

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My Iphone 5 battery sucks. I hardly get like 3 hrs 30 min of usage when on 3G. My battery drops 1% every 2 mins of usage. That's like 30% of draining every hour on 3G. On Wifi and 2G I see a drop of 1 % every 4 minutes. I had Iphone 4 and 4s before this and felt Iphone 5 battery was worse. But after reading this forum and consulting with my friends using Iphone 5 , I feel its only my phone . Below is my stats

Standy 10 hrs 20 mins
Usage 3 Hours 40 mins on 3G. (Browsing,Facebook, gtalk, imessages) only browsing
Usage 6 Hours 33 mins on Wifi (Browsing,Facebook, gtalk, imessages)

I have all the settings set to off like Locations settings, Push settings, Notification to min, Auto Brightness set to min, No videos streaming, No music.I have tried resetting as New Phone. Copuple of power cycles. But nothing has changed.

I have return my phone to Service Center for testing. But I need to know if this normal or there is something wrong with my phone.I would appreciate if someone could let me know if above stats is normal.

Thanks

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I've been VERY pleased thusfar with my i5 battery life. I'm coming from an i4 that saw a massive hit when I updated to 6.0. I more or less ran charge free the other day (force of habit I'm learning to shake) and with regular use as a business device, I had half my battery left by 11PM. Not too shabby in my opinion. Definitely a leap forward from the i4 in terms of power efficiency and get up and go.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Question to you guys. Just got my iPhone 5 3 days ago, iOS 6.0.2. Currently my phone is setup to have no LTE, Bluetooth OFF, Loc Service is ON, Wifi ON and the phone is almost exclusively on wifi. no sync to iCloud, no email

as of now, the phone has 56% left with usage of 6 hrs 32 min, standby 18 hrs 38 min since last full charge

is this normal? What difference would it make to enable LTE for the battery life?

Thanks.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Question to you guys. Just got my iPhone 5 3 days ago, iOS 6.0.1. Currently my phone is setup to have no LTE, Bluetooth OFF, Loc Service is ON, Wifi ON and the phone is almost exclusively on wifi. no sync to iCloud, no email

as of now, the phone has 56% left with usage of 6 hrs 32 min, standby 18 hrs 38 min since last full charge

is this normal? What difference would it make to enable LTE for the battery life?

Thanks.

Very normal. When I'm at home on weekends when I'm exclusively on wi-fi, I can get 8-10 hrs of usage easy. And this with email, bT on and iCloud

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
naviwilliams, that is some impressive battery performance, with LTE. :D how do you achieve this? I don't think mine will last that long (look at couple of posts up on my numbers).

please share with us.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
naviwilliams, that is some impressive battery performance, with LTE. :D how do you achieve this? I don't think mine will last that long (look at couple of posts up on my numbers).

please share with us.

I'm seriously not doing anything special. I tweet, check email, iMessage, browse the web and listen to music virtually most of the day. And every now and then I'll make and receive a few calls. I try to avoid that at all cost :)

Sent via iMore app on iPad 2...

elpozo

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously not doing anything special. I tweet, check email, iMessage, browse the web and listen to music virtually most of the day. And every now and then I'll make and receive a few calls. I try to avoid that at all cost :)

Sent via iMore app on iPad 2...

I noticed you're on iOS 6.1, has you're battery already been that great before 6.1 (6.0.1/6.0.2)?

joeclarke2001

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My battery has been really bad and I charge it healthily and it has just been really really bad I have put every setting to low and it is still very bad ! Hope apple fix this
!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods