How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I don't know how u get such battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Not to discount Navi...but it's simple to get battery life like that. Don't use your phone.

1 day of standby and 4 hours of usage means you aren't on your phone constantly. When you don't use the phone or it sits around..the battery is great.

It's the same way I get 7 days of standby on my iPad and 23 hours of usage. I use it...sit it down...and use it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Not to discount Navi...but it's simple to get battery life like that. Don't use your phone.

1 day of standby and 4 hours of usage means you aren't on your phone constantly. When you don't use the phone or it sits around..the battery is great.

It's the same way I get 7 days of standby on my iPad and 23 hours of usage. I use it...sit it down...and use it.

Exactly!

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Then what is the point of having an iPhone with minimal usage?
I might had well get a wack phone that just receives and makes calls.
This is my point. If you make a device with amazing features it should last you long. Not die on 5hours of usage.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
5-6 hours of usage is good. Most folks have other things going on and spread that 5 hours out over the course of a day. If you have time to burn through 5 hours of usage in a 6 hour period then you also have time to plug in and charge. :D

Simon Bartlett

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is showing 4 hours and 7 minutes of usage and 63% battery remaining. I've just done mainly browsing the web and checking emails all on wifi to get that usage. The battery life on the iPhone 5 seems pretty good to me. I've had one incident only when I lost 15% of the battery life in about 10 minutes whilst in standby and a quick restart of the phone fixed that issue.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm rather confused here. The last time I checked the phone I'm literally typing this post from is mine. Hence the time spent on it is mine, just saying.

Anyway as you all know everyone's use will be different. Me using my device for 4-5 hours is actually quite good. Normally it is around 2 hours. I work in I.T. and thus I'm glued to a computer all day. Maybe if that wasn't the case, I'd have more hours on my device use.

I'll check my usage this weekend. Then again I use my iPad more on the weekends. Either way I will put this to the test.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm rather confused here. The last time I checked the phone I'm literally typing this post from is mine. Hence the time spent on it is mine, just saying.

NW I think the point was that you folks shouldn't necessarily look at your battery life as a benchmark because your usage is light and to impress upon others that if you use it then the battery is gonna drain. It wasn't to knock your usage or discredit your posts in anyway.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Usage is usage. That is why there are two numbers reported, usage and stand-by. Usage is when the the phone is operational, screen is on, music playing etc. I get 7-9 hours of usage. When I stream music for an hour or so I get more usage as I did in thus cycle.

gujunedu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 7

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I normally get 8-9 hours of usage. Stand by is great on this phone my galaxy nexus will use 20% battery in a day on just stand by.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is showing 4 hours and 7 minutes of usage and 63% battery remaining. I've just done mainly browsing the web and checking emails all on wifi to get that usage. The battery life on the iPhone 5 seems pretty good to me. I've had one incident only when I lost 15% of the battery life in about 10 minutes whilst in standby and a quick restart of the phone fixed that issue.

Try using LTE or 3G and see what happens. I'm thinking of changing my network. Maybe that could help battery kife

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This is what I got today. Shockingly. I'm so impressed. Never had this before.
I was downloading a game using Wi if for over 2 hours( yeah slow Wi Fi) from 100% had 95% left.
Pretty impressive.
Then went to work.
Surfed the web and played a lot of music. No games. Oped up this app and did casual texting. And this is what I have.
First time
teba6u9a.jpg

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine was horrible but I turned off location on a number of apps that didn't need it in the first place and it is much much better

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73