How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

slowednblowed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mines awful. 4 hours and 8 minutes usage and 4 hours 50 minutes of standby and 6%. It was just as awful yesterday, is it safe for me to assume I have a bad battery?

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is also a little disappointing right now. But as stated, too early to pass judgement. Haven't broken it in yet.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Coming from 3 Androids in the past (Samsung Galaxy Nexus recently), this battery life is awesome!
I saw comments about the navigation draining it fast. That would definitely be expected if the screen is on along with the GPS chip.

For those that are trying to make it last all day and have issues, turning off 4G will definitely help, but I know its sucks to not have it on when you want to use it. I wish there was a way to have the phone revert back to 3G when the screen has been off for a while and switch back to 4G when the user turns it back on. My rooted Nexus had that feature, saved a lot of power. (but still not as good as the iPhone 5).

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is really good. I know how it is to have bad battery life though, as my 1st 4s was really bad. Perhaps some iPhone 5's have bad batteries too?

Here is my battery life. I plugged my phone in for 30 seconds to make sure the 5 worked with my Nissan Altima stereo system. That's why it says I plugged in...

To be fair, I've been on wifi for 80% of the day.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My battery is terrible!!! Of course that's probably because I'm not setting the thing down and constantly playing with it. ;)

This keeps up and il go blind....or something like that :D

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning it - the battery, IMO, is an epic fail.

I think the issue is that I am in a fringe 4g area, and it keeps trying to switch back and forth. This is really disappointing.

I will just go back to using my iPhone 4.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is mine on the first full day of changing and using it. It's about the same as the 4S when I first got it. You have to remember that the battery will get better and it gets conditioned.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Battery life on mine (so far) seems decent. I had great battery life on my 4S considering I'm a pretty heavy user. If its on par with my 4S I'll be happy.

One thing I experienced that may help others out - when I restored the device from iCloud battery life was awful. I wiped the device and restored from iTunes and its been much better. I'm not sure why/how this would happen but I thought I'd mention it.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
my battery has been good, its at 25% or so now so im charging it for the first time since i got it (1 o'clock or so on friday). my wife said pandora is really eating up her battery. i think shes crazy but im making her let the phone die then charge to full. its good to do anyway on a new phone.

Truth3000

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. I was streaming a podcast and surfing the web for about an hour on 4G(extra fast 3G) and I lost around 10 percent. My 4S would have taken a bigger hit.

vellanki

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I hav problem

First day I plugged nearly 12h and then I did iCloud backup.... It started draining... I didn't even unlock the device but it took about 2% per hour... It never happens me before... May be because of the iCloud restore....

Thank you for the battery management tips

MichelleRo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
A full charge lasted me approx 13 hours yesterday with moderate use (texting/email/facebook) with WiFi off and LTE active. I felt that this was slightly better, if not on par, with previous usage/battery drain with my previous iPhone 4.

bebass

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Battery life on mine (so far) seems decent. I had great battery life on my 4S considering I'm a pretty heavy user. If its on par with my 4S I'll be happy.

One thing I experienced that may help others out - when I restored the device from iCloud battery life was awful. I wiped the device and restored from iTunes and its been much better. I'm not sure why/how this would happen but I thought I'd mention it.
I am having the same problem - I restored from iCloud and my battery life is not good. How did you wipe it and restore from iTunes - I would like to give that a try and see if it improves my battery life.
Thanks for any advice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73