Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My battery is terrible!!! Of course that's probably because I'm not setting the thing down and constantly playing with it.

This keeps up and il go blind....or something like that
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    ZeroLeonheart likes this.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Battery is solid so far. I had LTE on and was actively browsing the entire day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1348380773.521044.jpg  
    - iPhone 6; Space Grey, 64GB
    - iPhone 5S; Space Grey, 16GB
    - iPad mini; White & Silver, 16GB
    - iPod Nano; Black & Slate, 16GB
    - iPod touch 4G; 8GB
    - MacBook Pro; 13" (custom, early 2012)

"You'll always be two steps behind me."

You'll shoot your eye out!
    iPhone Nanite

Battery seems to last long. Been on the Web, YouTube, eBay, etc. all day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-image.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    vrs626 (09-26-2012)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    iOS Version

How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348402343.407213.jpg

Been on wifi most of the day but constantly using it for Facebook and Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone 5 (AT&T, 32GB, Black) :: MacBook Pro (15") :: iPad (1st Generation, 64GB, WiFi; 4th Generation, 16GB, WiFi+LTE)]
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,072 Global Posts

I'm returning it - the battery, IMO, is an epic fail.

I think the issue is that I am in a fringe 4g area, and it keeps trying to switch back and forth. This is really disappointing.

I will just go back to using my iPhone 4.
    Shooter03 likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 7

Here is mine on the first full day of changing and using it. It's about the same as the 4S when I first got it. You have to remember that the battery will get better and it gets conditioned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1348408174.813871.jpg  
    *iPhone 6 Plus SG 128GB* *iPad AIR*
    iRy757 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

Battery life on mine (so far) seems decent. I had great battery life on my 4S considering I'm a pretty heavy user. If its on par with my 4S I'll be happy.

One thing I experienced that may help others out - when I restored the device from iCloud battery life was awful. I wiped the device and restored from iTunes and its been much better. I'm not sure why/how this would happen but I thought I'd mention it.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

my battery has been good, its at 25% or so now so im charging it for the first time since i got it (1 o'clock or so on friday). my wife said pandora is really eating up her battery. i think shes crazy but im making her let the phone die then charge to full. its good to do anyway on a new phone.
    iPhone Newbie

Awesome. I was streaming a podcast and surfing the web for about an hour on 4G(extra fast 3G) and I lost around 10 percent. My 4S would have taken a bigger hit.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Here's my beef. Full WiFi all day, I've played about 15-20 minutes of order & chaos, browsed a couple web pages, and been skimming through Tapatalk.
    How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348414704.332398.jpg

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluee.dreamin View Post
    Here's my beef. Full WiFi all day, I've played about 15-20 minutes of order & chaos, browsed a couple web pages, and been skimming through Tapatalk.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348414704.332398.jpg 
Views:	527 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	19359

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk
    Something's wrong there. You should be at 85% at worst
    iRy757 likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Angry I hav problem

First day I plugged nearly 12h and then I did iCloud backup.... It started draining... I didn't even unlock the device but it took about 2% per hour... It never happens me before... May be because of the iCloud restore....

Thank you for the battery management tips
    iPhone Newbie

A full charge lasted me approx 13 hours yesterday with moderate use (texting/email/facebook) with WiFi off and LTE active. I felt that this was slightly better, if not on par, with previous usage/battery drain with my previous iPhone 4.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    Battery life on mine (so far) seems decent. I had great battery life on my 4S considering I'm a pretty heavy user. If its on par with my 4S I'll be happy.

One thing I experienced that may help others out - when I restored the device from iCloud battery life was awful. I wiped the device and restored from iTunes and its been much better. I'm not sure why/how this would happen but I thought I'd mention it.
    I am having the same problem - I restored from iCloud and my battery life is not good. How did you wipe it and restore from iTunes - I would like to give that a try and see if it improves my battery life.
    Thanks for any advice.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

unacceptable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-photo.png  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Pretty good battery life. I'm in a vzw lte area and battery is lasting through the day with 2 emails, twitter, fb sync, and some web browsing.
    Same here. Was on wifi for all but 4 hours, but was running Hulu plus or Netflix to try and drain it last night. Finally gave up at 11 pm and 10%. Woke up today to 3%.

This was the stats at 2%.
    How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1348422833.520894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    iPhone Nanite

Battery life on my iPhone 5 is not good - it is draining quickly. I turned off all but the necessary notifications and I turned off LTE to see it the battery life would improve - it hasn't gotten any better.
    Any suggestions? -Someone mentioned wiping it and restoring from iTunes - I'd like to try that but I am not sure how to do it - and what the implications are - will I lose everything? Do I have to reactivate the phone after wiping it or will I just have to restore my apps etc from iTunes? I've had an iPhone 4 and 4S with great battery life. I'm not sure why my new 5 is draining so quickly.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I thought about restoring from my iPhone 4, but decided to start fresh, in case there was something that wasn't compatible with the new phone. Did you use your old back up when setting up the 5? Just curious.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroLeonheart View Post
    I thought about restoring from my iPhone 4, but decided to start fresh, in case there was something that wasn't compatible with the new phone. Did you use your old back up when setting up the 5? Just curious.
    I did. No issues at all. I did take apps off the 4 that I didn't plan to use on the 5 (Waze, Photosynth, for example) before I did my final backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     Verizon iPhone 6 Space Grey (64GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  13" MacBook Pro Retina  3rd gen TV
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

9 hours use and 24 standby I'm happy
    slalomskie likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

2 hours 44 minutes usage
    7 hours 34 minutes standby

66% battery left still. Pretty solid.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroLeonheart View Post
    yes - I backed up my iPhone 4S late Thursday night. Then my iPhone 5 arrived I had to go to the Apples store because Verizon had linked the upgrade to a different line on our plan. They couldn't figure out how to switch it so they suggested going to the Apple store. The Apple store person was great - they were able switch the phone to the line I wanted it on and also put my old 4S on my wife's line. While there they had me restore from iCloud and all my apps and settings came in perfectly. The phone works great but the battery drains like crazy. My 4S had excellent battery life - I'd like to get that out of my 5.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,908 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

HEAVY use yesterday and today...fantastic battery life (and it's been in LTE for probably 50% of that time, WiFi for the other half.)
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Newbie

I am not happy with the battery whatsoever. Yesterday it took over 2hrs to fully charge from like 15% and quickly depleted again. Ok, I will admit I was using it like crazy yesterday as I never had an iphone before but it still seemed a little. Okay I fully charged at 12:30pm and at 6:30pm I hit 20% after moderate use.
    (usage 3hrs, 27min, standby 5hrs, 58min). Is that normal?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesj20 View Post
    I am not happy with the battery whatsoever. Yesterday it took over 2hrs to fully charge from like 15% and quickly depleted again. Ok, I will admit I was using it like crazy yesterday as I never had an iphone before but it still seemed a little. Okay I fully charged at 12:30pm and at 6:30pm I hit 20% after moderate use.
    (usage 3hrs, 27min, standby 5hrs, 58min). Is that normal?
    It depends. Everyone's usage times are going to vary because not everyone is using their devices the same way. It depends on how you were using your phone; GPS? Video? Camera? Etc ..

If you were using the camera A LOT and GPS for example, then I would say that's not bad, however if you were just casually browsing the internet, texting, email, etc. then you have may have an issue of some sort.
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast