How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
yes I'd say 75% wifi. just like today been up since 4 am took phone off charger on wifi barely have use phone and im at 81% and its currently 812 am now...

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:12 AM ----------

yes I'd say 75% wifi. just like today been up since 4 am took phone off charger on wifi barely have use phone and im at 81% and its currently 812 am now...

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:12 AM ----------

Does that include any wifi use?

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:12 AM ----------

---------- Post Merged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:12 AM ----------

The phone is incredibly efficient on wifi, but once on cellular it drains at an alarming rate. Once we get an iOS update we will be able to determine bad battery from software issues.

anygivensunday

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I've had wifi on since took phone off charge 4am I'm now at 70 percent at 7am only sent few texts browsed imore for a little bit and sent an email.

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
It was no wi-fi and constantly bouncing back and forth from LTE to "4G".I work right on the edge of a LTE area so it bounces back and forth a lot. Sometimes its easier to just shut it off of LTE but then i forget to turn it back on. Also it was about an hour playing tiger woods PGA tour 13, the rest was streaming Sirius radio on and off over Bluetooth and texting/calls. About 15 mins FaceTime over cellular too. I was pretty impressed with it.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know of a good portable battery charger? i am desperate in need of one!

DO NOT GET THE ZAGG SPARQ!!! It is the worst charger you can buy. I am linking 2 devices I am buying and that I believe will be great help to anyone.

Solar keychain charger (has USB direct post on it + Micro USB port)
http://dx.com/p/portable-solar-powe...y-power-charger-with-3-led-light-black-157793

15,000 mAh Power Bank (2 usb ports +mini usb port and connector cables included (even though you wont need them for the iPhone 5))
SUNSKY - 15000mAh Portable Power Bank for New iPad (iPad 3) / iPad 2 / iPad / iPhone 4 & 4S / 3GS / 3G / iPod / HTC / Samsung / Blackberry and Other Mobile Phones

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody else's battery stay at 100% for a while after charging? Mine made it to 42 minutes of usage and 2.5 hours of stanby before it went down to 99%. However, some days ilI'll unplug and it will go down to 98% right away. Anyways: most of the day on Wi-Fi, some on LTE and 3G. My battery is pretty good off Wi-Fi but pretty bad off 3G/LTE.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 81

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody else's battery stay at 100% for a while after charging? Mine made it to 42 minutes of usage and 2.5 hours of stanby before it went down to 99%. However, some days ilI'll unplug and it will go down to 98% right away. Anyways: most of the day on Wi-Fi, some on LTE and 3G. My battery is pretty good off Wi-Fi but pretty bad off 3G/LTE.

Yes it depends because if your phone hit 100 then u pulled it ... It lasts longer that's cuz when it's on charger and hits 100 it stops charging its a safety feature that why it will drop from 100 so fast ..

Boobie12

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my iphone swicthed out recently because of speaker problems and this new phones battery is great. Got 14 hours standby and 7 hours usage on sprint 3g.Thats with an hour phone call, a good amount of texting. brightness around 70 percent. email fetch half hour.and music in my car ride and at the gym much better then usual.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I charged my iPhone earlier and it drained to 94% after a bit of usage. When I turned it off (for a non-battery related issue) and turned it back on my battery showed at 99%.

xxTigerShark

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Able to make it 3 days of descent usage with out charging when on AT&T LTE and having more than 2 bars.

- - - Updated - - -

Able to make it 3 days of descent usage with out charging when on AT&T LTE and having more than 2 bars.

Eliana04

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not satisfied with battery life of my iPhone. Main reason i guess game playing .

- - - Updated - - -

I am not satisfied with battery life of my iPhone. Main reason i guess game playing .

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i agree with you with gaming is battery killer.If you just call,text,email,web browsing and play music then you should'nt have problem with your battery.if you really wanna play then make sure the charger is close by.i think the ipad mini is gonna be my ultimate gaming machine:)

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I am noticing that after having the iPhone 5 for a couple weeks now, my battery life has improved a lot. Yes, I'm still using it the same amount, but I think there's some truth to the battery having to be "broken in". I never really bought in to that notion before, but now I'm not so sure. I think it does improve over the first several weeks based on my experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711