Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Default How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

Here's another shot of my battery life How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351924076.466071.jpg

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

>iPhone 6 - Space Grey - 128GB - Verizon Wireless - Current<

iPhone Nanite

Default Re: How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

mine seems to be incredibly short in life
    very few calls (two or three not more 10 minutes max each)
    and a bit of podcast activity: only downloading, with screen off, through wi-fi (I can't imagine listening and viewing them)
    and doesn't last more then 12 hours
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1351983982.287438.jpg

Been using this with LTE only all day. Only had wifi on for 2 minutes.
    ktaifan likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

This is mine. In case your wondering why the usage is so good, I run a sleep cycle app at night with the iPhone on my bed. It tells me how well I slept for the night.

iPhone Newbie

I am in 80 percent, with just 1 hour of usage and 3 hours of standby...

I feel it is quite bad, comparing to the enourmous battery life some users seem to have here...

The 1 hour of usage was mostly on 3G, and it seemed that the battery was draining too fast when I was browsing... Like 2 minutes and 1 percent would go down.

Here's a picture:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-img_0067.png  
    iMore Intermediate

I think mine is really bad. This was on wifi at my house.
    How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352043306.170339.jpg
    iMore Beginner

This post-Sandy mess has given me a real opportunity to see how bad the iPhone 5 is on cell without wifi. We have no power, hence no wifi. If I charge my iPhone up to full and turn off cell data, it stays at 100% overnight, once I turn cell data on it stops dropping at a pace that will give me 4-5 hours max usage on cell. Now I realize the cell towers around us right now are messed up and overtaxed, but this proves (as if we didn't have enough empirical data before in this thread) that the cell radio in the iPhone 5 draws way too much battery (even with LTE off). BTW, my wife's iPhone 4s, in the same environment is doing WAY better with the same iffy cell service...

Has anyone updated to 6.0.1 and can verify that it addresses this problem (too many conflicting comments in the 6.0.1 update thread, and too many issues of problems for me to be screwing around with an update while I don't have regular house phone service, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Here is mine. Some LTE use, some talk and some HSPA+. I have to work at killing the battery which is good. Not sure how well I stack up with the others. You guys can be the judge.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by l.i bruce fan View Post
    This post-Sandy mess has given me a real opportunity to see how bad the iPhone 5 is on cell without wifi. We have no power, hence no wifi. If I charge my iPhone up to full and turn off cell data, it stays at 100% overnight, once I turn cell data on it stops dropping at a pace that will give me 4-5 hours max usage on cell. Now I realize the cell towers around us right now are messed up and overtaxed, but this proves (as if we didn't have enough empirical data before in this thread) that the cell radio in the iPhone 5 draws way too much battery (even with LTE off). BTW, my wife's iPhone 4s, in the same environment is doing WAY better with the same iffy cell service...

Has anyone updated to 6.0.1 and can verify that it addresses this problem (too many conflicting comments in the 6.0.1 update thread, and too many issues of problems for me to be screwing around with an update while I don't have regular house phone service, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
    The battery life is the exact same to me. I exchanged my iPhone 5 for a new one yesterday because of a pixel issue, and this battery is the exact same as well. It's great on Wi-Fi but it burns quick on 3G/LTE. Mine burns about one percent every two minutes of browsing on 3G/LTE. Nothing seems to actually change this unless it's 2G and I'm not browsing.

My Bluetooth is off. My Wi-Fi is off. My screen brightness is on auto-bright (if you keep it on the dimmest it actually saves a lot of battery, but it's usually not a good environment to. Changing stuff such as Traffic, Compass Collaboration, Location Based iAds doesn't seem change anything (or the change is too minimal to really notice). My iCloud isn't syncing anything but Find my iPhone is on. Location Services are on for Siri, Weather, Maps and Find my iPhone. I only use Push Notifications for stuff I use. I'll turn off LTE unless I'm in an environment where I know I'll get 3+ bars of LTE.

For email, it's interesting. I changed my email to manual instead of push and I actually noticed no difference in battery life. I get pretty good standby time, but it's my usage that's been alarming sometimes. I get a good 5hrs 30mins on a good, non Wi-Fi day, but about an hour and a half of that is listening to music.

I used only Wi-Fi once and had the screen at it's dimmest. I used LTE for like an hour and a half but most of that was standby. I ended up getting 1 day and 12 hours of stanby and 9.5 hours of usage with 5% remaining.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOs 6.0.1

You should take it to an Apple Store for sure..
    - C.G -  iPad Mini - 32 GB  iPhone 5 - 32GB  Retina MacBook Pro. 15'' - 2,3 Ghz. Quad-Core i7 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD - Mid 2012
    iPhone Nanite

Thumbs up Re: How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

it has been working good so far but cant say anything about future. so far so good and no problems faced at all.
    http://unlockiphone4sing.com
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Everyone I've talked to has said their battery life is horrible. Mine is ok. I took it off the charger at 6:00 this morning and 5 hours later I'm at 46% and I've been using it quite a bit. At this pace I'll get 10 hours. I can't complain. As Phil says, be a man, charge your device!
    iPhone 5 16GB White | iPad mini 32GB White | HTC One 32GB White | 2011 Mac mini, 2.5GHz i5, 8GB, 500GB 7200RPM |
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts

So after a few cycles, here's my new battery life. On 3G since LTE still hasn't been launched in my area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352224031.631015.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

battery life seems pretty consistent with whats advertised. With the bigger screen I've been gaming a lot and that kills the battery though. waiting for some battery cases to come out so i can have marathon gaming sessions on the go.
    iPhone Nanite

My battery was pretty bad during the first days of use, now it seems the battery has become very decent. Today I have 5.35 hours on usage and 13.41 hours standby and 28% remaining.
    iPhone Nanite

It's too early for me to tell about my battery life

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Low LTE/3G signal all day and wifi on whole time, off for maybe 2 hours. Pretty impressed with heavy usage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352266072.299487.jpg  
    Last edited by Sharma15; 11-07-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts

Even though I haven't really used it, I'm impressed that going into my bedtime that I don't need a charger. Maybe it's the lack of music I've been doing today How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1352337094.270121.jpg

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie
    iPhone Nanite

4-5 Hours on LTE, rest of the day on WiFi
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Some of the day was over LTE, some was over (spotty) Wi-Fi, and some was over 3G. About 1.5-2 hours of music playback, although I did browse while listening for some of that time (usually over LTE). Hopefully 6.1 is able to squeeze out a little more.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-iphone52batterystats1.png  
    iPhone Nanite

It's too early for me to tell about my battery life

Thanked by:
    l.i bruce fan (11-09-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Woke up and did some browsing over 3G for a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-image.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My iPhone battery life is terrible. I'm coming from the iPhone 4S & the Nokia Lumia 900.
    I must say I got to walk with my charger everywhere and it's alway plugged into my car.
    4-5hrs of battery life is not even exceptional when my Nokia Lumia 900 gives me almost 8-9hrs with out charging durning the day.
    I really love my iPhone 5 but the battery sucks!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L3PT View Post
    My iPhone battery life is terrible. I'm coming from the iPhone 4S & the Nokia Lumia 900.
    I must say I got to walk with my charger everywhere and it's alway plugged into my car.
    4-5hrs of battery life is not even exceptional when my Nokia Lumia 900 gives me almost 8-9hrs with out charging durning the day.
    I really love my iPhone 5 but the battery sucks!!!
    Iphone 5 battery is very very good.all you have to do is turn off your location services(except maps,facebook,only important services)and make sure you put your auto brightness OFF and set to half or lower.do that and let is know if it works.heres mine over 15 hours without charging with light use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How is your iPhone 5 battery life?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1352607567.348355.jpg  
    bgl321 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

For those browsing with cellular data on 3G and seeing the rapid drops, getting 4-5 hours on it is almost in line with other smartphones in its class.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6330/t...ne-5-review/13
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 ... LastLast