How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

footmatix

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
the device is so addictive, especially since I had been off iPhone for about 8 months...so i constantly light it up and touch away....this will use it up significantly

it does not last the day for me right now...i do have the brightness on quite high, push my email every 15 mins, and use vibrate as well as sound....i know that by simply adjusting these, i can add 20 to 30% life very easily...

i need to recharge by the middle of the afternoon...i am up and using it by 7h30 AM

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
But again, Pelligro is on Verizon, most posters with issues seem to be on AT&T.

Not true. I've read just as many battery issues with Verizon iPhone 5 users as well. The carrier has nothing to do with the battery having issues or not. I think it's just hit or miss as to whether you you good or poor battery life on the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not true. I've read just as many battery issues with Verizon iPhone 5 users as well. The carrier has nothing to do with the battery having issues or not. I think it's just hit or miss as to whether you you good or poor battery life on the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

The carrier involved may factor in to the issue, in as much as, if it's related to the strength of an LTE signal. Since Verizon has a much larger footprint for LTE coverage, it's possible that VZW users have better overall battery performance due to the fact that their signal footprint being larger, there are less "fringe" areas when compared to AT&T... it's not an issue inherent in the service provider, but one of the customer being in a better/more heavily blanketed coverage area.

michikade#AC

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I can attest to that re: coverage. If I get outside the LTE area and have LTE on, my battery life drops like a stone because my phone is searching for LTE. I'm on Sprint, so our LTE footprint is tiny in comparison, but I happen to live about a mile and a half from a tower and have spectacular LTE around home. Once I get outside my home area, though, if I forget to turn off LTE, I may as well kiss my power goodbye.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

jbwcfp

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So far battery life has been great! I don't use it a whole lot, but for my purposes it works fine. Charged it yesterday, took it off about 10:00. used it some last night and a fair amount today, at at 9:39 pm, I'm at 49%.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't even know if this is good or not. I am currently at 72% with 1 hour 42 mins of usage and 4 hours 37 mins on standby. I have only listened to music, been on Facebook and twitter, and web browsing all on 4G.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Today I decided to put on push email and bring up my brightness a little bit. I got a really solid battery life still. I had about 58% left with 4 hours and 20 minutes of usage. That was done all on wi-fi, except an hour of 3G/LTE which did drain that a little quick. Since it was at 58% I went off wi-fi and onto a 3G network (no LTE at all). In the three hours (about 1 hour and 20 minutes of usage) it's down to 32%. This is pretty much texting and browsing only, but limited browsing and mostly texting.

Seems like a cellular usage problem to me. Even with push email on (every thirty minutes) and the brightness turned up I was getting great battery life over Wi-Fi. Now that Wi-Fi is off my battery drains so quickly. I'm getting good service, too (constantly 3-4 bars of 3G).

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The carrier involved may factor in to the issue, in as much as, if it's related to the strength of an LTE signal. Since Verizon has a much larger footprint for LTE coverage, it's possible that VZW users have better overall battery performance due to the fact that their signal footprint being larger, there are less "fringe" areas when compared to AT&T... it's not an issue inherent in the service provider, but one of the customer being in a better/more heavily blanketed coverage area.

At work I have 4-5 bars on Verizon LTE and the battery still drains very quickly. I get about 4 hours of useage.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Mine gets turned on at 7:00 AM every morning and will last into the evening even on heavy days. I will go to about 10:00 PM on average days and that is with no charging. I use mine as my primary phone for work. Calls, SMS, Email, etc. Some twitter and FB when I can. I rarely use WiFi because I am always on the go but I use a BT headset a lot.

So far the battery has been similar to my iP4. Basically goes all day and into the night without a need of a charge. YMMV!

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I had to restore as new twice. The second time just to see if the apps I had were causing my battery to drain I restored as new and only synced my contacts and web shortcuts from itunes, not icloud. First day got 19 hours 46 minutes standby with 8 hours 19 minutes use. still had 5% battery left. However this was unplugging at 5pm so it sat overnight without use (1am-7am).

Here is a shot of my next day unplugging at 7 pm, sitting overnight ( midnight - 6am)
tomorrow I will plug in all night and see if I can go all day without charging.

photo.PNG

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I would say mine is as good or better than my 4. I'm never really in a situation where I go long without charging though. I charge it overnight and then for an hour in the afternoon on my way home from work. So I'm almost always 50%+.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My general battery life is definitely worse than on my iPhone 4, but LTE coverage is pretty spotty, so it may be just because of that. I usually get 10-12 hours of battery life instead on 26-28 on my old device. My general use hasn't changed that much to make a 10 hour difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73