How is your iPhone 5 battery life?

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
In the words of the honorable Tony the Tiger (it's g-r-r-r-e-e-e-a-a-t) walks of the stage drops the mic.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sf_basilix

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Horrendous.

I'm not the only one and have been following a thread on the apple forums for a few weeks now. Thousands of users are reporting battery life problems, including myself. Many users have returned their phones only to have the same issues.

Many (including myself) have tried EVERYTHING. I even went so far as to turn off LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, location services, icloud, etc. (BTW, what's the point of the phone if all of this is turned off anyway?) but to my dismay, the phone drains battery life like nothing else I've seen. About 1% battery every 2-3 minutes, even just sitting there.

Trust me - I tried EVERYTHING. For those who think there isn't a problem, you should start reading here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4328959?start=0&tstart=0

quite frankly, I'm ready to return it because my 30 days are just around the corner and I don't want to get stuck with this nonsense.

sf_basilix

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
oh and by the way the usage times in the General Settings area is wrong. We've tested this extensively. Right after taking the phone off the charger, we calculated how much time passed but the Usage indicator specified far more time had passed than what actually did. In some cases 30% or more, which is wrong. You can find people talking about that on my original post as well.

vrs626

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Horrendous.

I'm not the only one and have been following a thread on the apple forums for a few weeks now. Thousands of users are reporting battery life problems, including myself. Many users have returned their phones only to have the same issues.

Many (including myself) have tried EVERYTHING. I even went so far as to turn off LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, location services, icloud, etc. (BTW, what's the point of the phone if all of this is turned off anyway?) but to my dismay, the phone drains battery life like nothing else I've seen. About 1% battery every 2-3 minutes, even just sitting there.

Trust me - I tried EVERYTHING. For those who think there isn't a problem, you should start reading here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4328959?start=0&tstart=0

quite frankly, I'm ready to return it because my 30 days are just around the corner and I don't want to get stuck with this nonsense.

I'm right there with you. I'm also thinking that a lot of people that think they're getting good battery life really aren't. Most of the pictures of useage times posted in this thread appear to be connected to wifi, but the battery problem appears to occur most when using cellular data. I get very good battery life over wifi, but as soon as I go on cellular the battery literally melts away.

rob888

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
i have had 3 new iphone 5's in 2.5 weeks- total time from fully charged to fully flat- 3.5hrs on all 3 phones.guys at apple turned everything off and still only 3.5hrs. I also noticed my phone -all 3 gets really hot. This iphone is a fizza- very disappointed.

---------- Post Merged at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:40 AM ----------

i have had 3 new iphone 5's in 2.5 weeks- total time from fully charged to fully flat- 3.5hrs on all 3 phones.guys at apple turned everything off and still only 3.5hrs. I also noticed my phone -all 3 gets really hot. This iphone is a fizza- very disappointed.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have awesome battery life compared to what I had on my 4s. I would have been below 20% at around 6 pm with my 4s.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350062118.832211.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1350062118.832211.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 143

l.i bruce fan

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I got a little more than what's shown below, maybe 2 or 3 minutes more usage before it shut itself down. However, that was 90% on wifi as opposed to 4G/LTE, on 4G/LTE i can almost watch the battery % drop. That really troubles me...

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    107.3 KB · Views: 69

Natemz

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm right there with you. I'm also thinking that a lot of people that think they're getting good battery life really aren't. Most of the pictures of useage times posted in this thread appear to be connected to wifi, but the battery problem appears to occur most when using cellular data. I get very good battery life over wifi, but as soon as I go on cellular the battery literally melts away.

Even when I was out of town last week and on LTE 100% of the time I would go to bed with 20-30% remaining. I have a really hard time killing the battery in one day unless playing a game for hours.

anon(2353369)

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Even when I was out of town last week and on LTE 100% of the time I would go to bed with 20-30% remaining. I have a really hard time killing the battery in one day unless playing a game for hours.

I don't even play games on my iP5 cause it will constantly drain my battery.

Sent from my iP5 using Tapatalk

kinolieber

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for these tips. My new iPhone 5 battery was running down every afternoon. I went to an Apple store and a genius there told me that this was just the way it is - normal and nothing to be done except turn off LTE. Thanks to this forum, I discovered that I had about 15 apps running with location and notifications turned on. I turned most of these off (except things like maps and other apps where location or notifications made sense) and followed the rest of your suggestions. Now the battery is fine, lasting more than a full day with normal to heavy use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711