Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

greidel

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has stopped recognizing the SIM card 3 times. Yesterday I looked at it, and it said No SIM. So I took it to the AT&T store and they popped the SIM out and put it back in... and it recognized it... for like a second. They then told me there was nothing else they could do, and sent me to the Apple Store. I waited 2 hours and spoke to a nice "genius" who showed me how to reset my Network settings. It worked. She said if happened again soon, bring it back.
Well, tonight it happened again. I read online that others have had this problem and they cleaned the SIM card with alcohol to fix it. So I got my bottle Hendricks Gin... kidding! No, I got some rubbing alcohol and wiped it, put it back in and so far, so good.
I hope this is the end of it, and it won't be doing this every day. I really want this phone to work because I've spent many hours syncing stuff to it and I just put a ZAGG shield on it..

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
I have had this issue twice where I was using the camera while the phone was locked, I am not sure what I did but afterwards getting a full black screen except for the top line that shows my my bars "Verizon", the time and battery indicator. The entire screen is black. I can't hit the home and get out of it. The only thing I have found is hold the home button to summon SIri and ask for the Camera, and then I am fine. Happen Twice.

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Wifi speeds are terrible, consistently molasses slow. E.g., Download 0.39Mbps, Upload 2.25Mbps. WPA2 security, 2nd gen Time Capsule. Other iOS devices (touch, iP4, iPad1) are magnitudes faster.

I have had a few times where there is a horizontal band of artifacts running across the screen when the keyboard is up.

The touch sensitivity was initially odd. I couldn't type anything. Either it is getting better or I am adapting.

Speaker sound is not very loud and has a tin-like sound to it.

Battery life is OK to modestly concerning. iP4 with iOS5.x had much better battery life.

Overall I love the phone and hope 6.01 or time brings some fixes.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
No issues so far. Very briefly saw the lines on my keyboard, but not since. Only real issue is the fast battery drain. Can't wait for a new Mophie.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I saw lines on my keyboard too, It did it when I was typing in my password to download a app.

I have seen lines also when opening folders or keyboard it's happen twice I think it's just a OS glitch thou I don't have any dead pixels or anything a refresh fixes it immediately

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am getting the artifacts across the keyboard when password input thru the app store. I also cant type in any apps especially facebook. The keyboard becomes useless and non responsive. Very frustrating.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
My first phone had dead pixels on the screen but everything else worked great. My replacement phone has a rattle, terrible wifi speeds, and a half sunken in home button. The rattle and the home button are annoyances, but the wifi speeds are making me angry. I went to Apple yesterday and ran a speed test in front of them I pulled 4.xx MB/S on my iP5, I ran the same test on my 4S right then and I was pulling 16.xx MB/S. They had no explanation and said that the test meant nothing to them lol. I am going to go to a different store tonight if I have a chance.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had tiny scratched around the phone when I opened it up and the screen on the bottom left corner makes clicking sounds when you press against it and you wait a few minutes then press it down again to hear. Everywhere I go I get 2 bars for LTE in an area thats had LTE coverage for a while with Verizon and I don't think the battery is good. I charged it upto 100% and I got 12 hour stand by and 1 hour 18 minute usage and its down to 65%

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touch screen less sensitive

My iphone5 is less sensitive to touch commands than the iphone4s. Anyone notice this?

Yes, but only on outside edges of the phone. Most noticeable is the slider-switches in Settings: from ON to OFF (swipe from edge toward center) is really hard to register. OFF to ON (swipe from center toward edge) is perfectly fine.

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:46 PM ----------

I've noticed my phone drop down to Verizon's equivalent to edge several times in an area known to be solid 3G. Also, I had to power my phone off and then on again to switch over to LTE. Not good.....

Me too. Had to power cycle to reconnect to LTE.

---------- Post Merged at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Anyone get one that came chipped or scratched out of the box? Still waiting on a call from Radio Shack to tell me their shipment has come in.

Yup. Waiting to hear from carrier about a swap. Had better be brand new - unsealed rather than someone's return!

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touch screen less sensitive

One bit of perspective: I had Windows phone(s) on at&t starting last Thanksgiving. You should have seen the 'issues' posts for those phones. This thread, in comparison, is pretty tame. Best part is the number of times the problem is solved with "Apple took care of it...they were great." You can be sure that those sentiments were never expressed as "HTC took care of it" or "Samsung took care of it."

jake501

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My camera flash acted up once. It would just barely flash...not enough to light up the pic. Turned the phone off and back on and haven't had a problem again...yet.

I had the exact same problem? I was trying to take a pic in a dark room with flash on, the pre flash would work fine but when it took the pic, the flash barely lit?? and the pic was dark. It keept doing it until i rebooted, hasn't happened again since... working fine now.. other than that, no other problems.. wifi faster for me. phone runs smooth and fast..

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that when I hold the phone in landscape (playing a game) the wifi signal begins to degrade. But once I remove my had, the wifi signal increases.

Has anyone had this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods