Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

MichelleRo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My ip5 has been on an off LTE since the beginning... it hasn't been consistently on LTE. Also, it sometimes goes to "no service" for a few minutes....

Maybe sim card problem?

I am having the same issue here in south Florida. I will drop from LTE to 4G then no data and even suddenly to no bars for no reason! It will happen while I am sitting in the same spot also. 5 bars with LTE to no bars no data for a few seconds and then back up again.

MichelleRo

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue here in south Florida. I will drop from LTE to 4G then no data and even suddenly to no bars for no reason! It will happen while I am sitting in the same spot also. 5 bars with LTE to no bars no data for a few seconds and then back up again.

--UPDATE: A friend is sitting within 10 feet of me with a 4s (also on AT&T like me) and they have 5 signal bar strength whereas I have 2 at the moment. Something fishy is going on!

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I find it much more difficult to operate one-handed with a thumb. When it's in the right position to double up (double down) and reach the bottom it's impossible to also reach the top. I have average-sized hands, so I didn't think this would be an issue. I'm also a guitar player, so my thumb is probably more flexible than a lot of people.

jayxpx

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with "Tap to Post" I can post through the app and can get Siri to post for me but when i click "Tap to Post" in the notification shade it will always give me "Cannot Connect..." message...is anyone else getting this? I have the iphone 5 on VZW network

mbern1008

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
my only complaint about the new iPhone five is that when the apps are letterboxed the keyboard is higher than where i expect the keyboard to be and I have a hard time hitting the right keys

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
my only complaint about the new iPhone five is that when the apps are letterboxed the keyboard is higher than where i expect the keyboard to be and I have a hard time hitting the right keys

The keyboard experience for me has been horrendous. Almost unusable (relative to what I'm used to on iOS, even Android and WP). I sincerely hope it can be fixed with a simple software update...

ces911

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
--UPDATE: A friend is sitting within 10 feet of me with a 4s (also on AT&T like me) and they have 5 signal bar strength whereas I have 2 at the moment. Something fishy is going on!

I have had some flucutation in signal as well. 3G to LTE and signal strength. I have compared to 3 others and there are all diff in flucutation. Anyone else see this.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Scratch phone for me, my first phone had an inch long scratch on the back and 2 dents in the bezel. Went to Apple and they happened to have another white 32 gb Sprint iPhone 5, got to my car and my gf noticed a dent on the back cover and a small scratch on the bezel (in the excitement of them having a replacement I hadn't looked closely). The manager said they didn't have any phones left to exchange but she'd would call me Wednesday to set up an exchange if they have new stock. Not good luck for my first iPhone ever.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
- I get 'USB failed' errors when plugging the phone in to my laptop. The new connector is meant to be usable either way round, but I'm finding I can only connect to my laptop/iTunes if it's one specific way. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying.

- Typing - Not sure if this is a 'bug' of some kind, or just where the screen has changed slightly & I'm getting used to the keys being minutely out of place - but I'm fining the keys not particularly sensitive - especially the space bar. Most things I type come out in one massive sentence, even when I'm 100% sure I've pressed he spacebar.

- & the big one for me - the wifi not working. After getting home yesterday it worked ok except once where I just reset the network settings & that resolved the issue. But now, I cannot send/receive ANY data over wifi. The phone is connect to my home network (as are my iPad & laptop & they're working fine), but it just won't send/receive anything. Have stuck in Airplane Mode - nothing. Let the battery die & restart it - nothing. Reset the Network Settings - nothing. Have now resorted to arranging a call with Apple Support tomorrow evening. Slightly annoying when this is the key thing I need to work. Hoping Apple can offer a resolution as it's a 35 mile trip to my nearest Apple store if it needs to be replaced. :mad:

In addition to this, I've noticed that since iOS 6 (on both 4S & 5), if I restart the phone, when it turns back on it's always in call forward mode.

From the responses & other forums, it seems my above issues are iOS related. I have a call with Apple Support this evening anyway to log the issues & see if there's anything that can be done to resolve the intermittent wifi issue (which is now corrected itself randomly).

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My camera flash acted up once. It would just barely flash...not enough to light up the pic. Turned the phone off and back on and haven't had a problem again...yet.

Aaronkv

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have a problem with maps that after scrolling around for a minutes or it becomes extremely lagy to the point where it's unusable? I have to close the app completely to get it to stop.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does anyone else's iPhone 5 seem to think that your finger is a little bit higher on the screen than it actually is?

This, plus I don't think I've ever successfully hit the M key inside or at the end of a word, always hitting the backspace key instead. Without fail, every place in a given word that should have an M ends up without the M as well as the preceding letter. Example: "Momentum" => "Ment" =autocorrect=> "Mint". I've also been having a lot of trouble registering any buttons on the top right (generally something like "submit" or "close." I have to jab at it many times to get it to work.