Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

fmiami

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their music/iPod on the iPhone 5? I've had music playing while showing the wrong album artwork and one of my songs won't play at all. When I try to play it skips to the next song. A couple of times the iPod screen has gone all black and stopped playing.

emozdashietxp

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed my phone drop down to Verizon's equivalent to edge several times in an area known to be solid 3G. Also, I had to power my phone off and then on again to switch over to LTE. Not good.....
could've tried network reset. i couldn't get 4g or lte at all, powered on/off and still no luck then i realized the feature of network reset in settings did the trick

Reactions: finn5975

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed today in my photos app that any screen shots I had previously taken are now appearing a fraction larger than the screen display. ie., if it was a screen shot of text such as a Wikipedia entry, the text at the left and right edges would actually appear cutoff unless you double tap the pic for it to reformat to the screen. Not a huge deal. I'm anal so I will just recreate the screen shots. But, thought I would mention it.

adeel

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed typing to be noticeably more difficult than on my 4S (on iOS 5). The keyboard will often not pick up letters and then either doesn't autocorrect or corrects to something really weird.

I've also noticed flickering horizontal lines along the top third of the keyboard a couple times. Goes away after a couple seconds though.

Auto brightness doesn't seem to work properly either (same issue as others have said where in a dark room, the brightness does not decrease).

I had it crash once on me out of nowhere, just swiping between screens and all of a sudden: Apple logo.

Physically, I went to pick up the phone and the side of my nail kind of knocked the side and lo and behold, the black coating on the rim just fell right off in that spot. It seems like whatever that coating is, it does not have much resistance. I'm not one for cases or bumpers...I fear for the worst.

I'll keep my eye out for more...
I've noticed the flickering horizontal lines too once, I was updating apps in the app store. Pretty sure keyboard wasn't up. Not sure what to make of this...

adeel

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the iphone and my only small issue is that I have a small speck of dirt or lint or something that is under the screen. It is very small though and I can't hardly see it when the screen is on. The OCD in me wants to take it back and exchange it because it is only a day old and I know it's there, but in all reality it isn't even very bad and I may get a bigger problem with another phone.
I had that too! I was able to rub it out though.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed that it seems the touch screen/keyboard doesn't seem to be as sensitive. Maybe it's a software issue. iOS 6 Beta 4 was better on my 4S.

slowednblowed

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is acting up, im not able to send mms over wifi and while my macbook speeds away on my wifi my i5 just putts along. When I switch it to LTE though it jams out.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My wifi is acting up, im not able to send mms over wifi and while my macbook speeds away on my wifi my i5 just putts along. When I switch it to LTE though it jams out.

When I first read your post, I thought you said "my:D wife is acting up!" :) I'm not too sure there's an app for that!

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Same. Especially bad when downloading apps and large files like podcasts. LTE works fine though.

Last edited:

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Please feel free to call me on it if I'm nitpicking. Has anyone noticed that the screen/display has a slightly yellowish hue to it?

White seems to be more of an off-white color. I'm comparing side-by-side with my iPhone4 and every menu/color seems to be slightly yellowish. Overall, the colors do not seem as crisp as the Retina Display on my iP4. :(

I had that on two 4S models, exchanged them each time and lucked out on the third one.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Fantastic thread... the screen yellow tint issue was around since iphone 4... different manufacturer or different wafer the screens of ip4 and 4s range from blueish white to down right beige/yellow.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ah, one issue I have seen now, that I can't fully attribute to Apple, iOS, iTunes or iP5, is that not all my songs play. The reason why I can't say it's the fault of anyone is because I mass transferring my 2,700 songs into iTunes at one time. That can cause issues with the file itself.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So this may be to my not knowing since i'm a new iphone user but when i turn on my wi-fi and connect here at the house its stays on for a little while but after the phone has been asleep for a bit and i turn it back on it has turned the wi-fi off and is back on LTE. Is there a switch or something i have to do to keep the wi-fi on when i'm at home??

That's how iOS works. I personally hate it but unless you jailbreak, there's nothing you can do. If you do jailbreak (hopefully we can soon), there's a utility called Insomnia (I think that's what it's called) that will allow you to have persistent wifi.

Sorry to differ, but my Wi-Fi does stay on when I'm at home, no matter how long the device's been to sleep. It has always been like that, as far as I can remember...

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the iphone as well and my wifi seemed to keep shutting off like when I would leave the house and then come back and just while in the living room, but my "ask to join" wasn't turned to on. I turned it on and it reconnects automatically when I come back home and is working fine. My problem was just me not being familiar with an iphone. Maybe this can help you too.

+1.

If not then its your WiFi that isn't strong enough...

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Having issues with 3G basically coming to a screeching halt after awhile until I reboot the phones, then it's zipping along again. Not sure what exactly is causing that but CS claims it's because the network is still "overwhelmed with activations" If this doesn't go away in a few days then we have a problem...

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
- I get 'USB failed' errors when plugging the phone in to my laptop. The new connector is meant to be usable either way round, but I'm finding I can only connect to my laptop/iTunes if it's one specific way. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying.

- Typing - Not sure if this is a 'bug' of some kind, or just where the screen has changed slightly & I'm getting used to the keys being minutely out of place - but I'm fining the keys not particularly sensitive - especially the space bar. Most things I type come out in one massive sentence, even when I'm 100% sure I've pressed he spacebar.

- & the big one for me - the wifi not working. After getting home yesterday it worked ok except once where I just reset the network settings & that resolved the issue. But now, I cannot send/receive ANY data over wifi. The phone is connect to my home network (as are my iPad & laptop & they're working fine), but it just won't send/receive anything. Have stuck in Airplane Mode - nothing. Let the battery die & restart it - nothing. Reset the Network Settings - nothing. Have now resorted to arranging a call with Apple Support tomorrow evening. Slightly annoying when this is the key thing I need to work. Hoping Apple can offer a resolution as it's a 35 mile trip to my nearest Apple store if it needs to be replaced. :mad:

mtcowdog

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Like others, Wi-fi is an issue. With iP5, my wifi is brutally slow. On the same network and location, an old iPod touch is much faster on wifi. We are also seeing wifi impacts on an iPhone 4 that we upgraded to iOS6. I am guessing this is an iOS6 issue. iPad1 with iOS5 is also fine on wifi.

Lots of posts across the "interwebs" with similar issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox