Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Please feel free to call me on it if I'm nitpicking. Has anyone noticed that the screen/display has a slightly yellowish hue to it?

White seems to be more of an off-white color. I'm comparing side-by-side with my iPhone4 and every menu/color seems to be slightly yellowish. Overall, the colors do not seem as crisp as the Retina Display on my iP4. :(

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Apple ID BUG--asks for others' IDs!

I my 5 keeps asking me to log with an Apple ID--the IDs of other people! These are three individuals in my contacts (I restored from a 4S via iCloud): only one of the email addresses is current and still listed in the contact for that person! I am signed into mine just fine.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on and how to get the 5 to quit this obnoxious behavior?! Thanks!

maghy7

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't able to activate the sim card, kept telling me to insert it, it's a verizon sim card, called they couldn't fix it, will get a new one on Tuesday. Also a scratch on the glass and a ding on the corner.

gixxer07600

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. Have made sure to check everything everyone has posted here about and ad have found nothing. My phone is perfect as far as I can tell. It's like a breath of relief from that laggy galaxy s2 I had.

iHelloKitty3

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having higher sensitivity to the screen than with my 4S. I've also noticed that it is taking way longer than expected to restore from a backup with the lightning cable- our internet in our area is slow so no fast wifi speeds for us.

TaliZorah

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I my 5 keeps asking me to log with an Apple ID--the IDs of other people! These are three individuals in my contacts (I restored from a 4S via iCloud): only one of the email addresses is current and still listed in the contact for that person! I am signed into mine just fine.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on and how to get the 5 to quit this obnoxious behavior?! Thanks!

I have heard that NOT restoring from a backup can fix issues like this. Well on the 4S anyways. Not sure if you want to completely start from scratch though.

Gregory Ayoup

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My ip5 has been on an off LTE since the beginning... it hasn't been consistently on LTE. Also, it sometimes goes to "no service" for a few minutes....

Maybe sim card problem?

iHelloKitty3

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Passbook does not appear to be working yet...

You have to use a passbook enabled app or website for this to work, IE Sephora, Target, etc. There will either be a banner to click on to add passbook or directions how to add it to your passbook. I have my sephora insider card and target coupons on my passbook currently

jayfry

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I got a really ****ty pair of ear pods ... they make the sound go in and out... and if you move the aux part just a little bit it just goes to ****.

Dre. Beats work great on it... so its the earpods... which i care less about.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my phone drop down to Verizon's equivalent to edge several times in an area known to be solid 3G. Also, I had to power my phone off and then on again to switch over to LTE. Not good.....

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
My ip5 has been on an off LTE since the beginning... it hasn't been consistently on LTE. Also, it sometimes goes to "no service" for a few minutes....

Maybe sim card problem?

mine did this the first couple of hours i called att they stated that with so many of the iphones getting activated that it may fluctuate between 4g and lte mine now has all bars and constant LTE showing looks like the rep was correct in my case hopes this help....

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is flawless, mostly. I have a weird smudge looking mark on the metal back under the camera. Color wise it's far greater than the iP4 I was using. And the minimum brightness on the iP5 is almost half brightness of the iP4. But other than that, it's great.

And the Apple ID thing, I had that issue on my iP4 when I updated iOS6 and tried restoring from iCloud. I've returned to backing up and restoring from my PC and have not had any issues.

I also had to reinstall and re-login to Twitter. Siri works fast too. Screen is more sensitive, so all in all, issueless, I got a great device. 64GB black with Verizon US.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

xus24marinesx

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an auto brightness issue? I set my slider all the way up and auto brightness on and when I am in a totally dark room its still is super bright and doesnt adjust... any ideas?

jdragione

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the sensitivity issue as well, missing keys when typing ... I am using a ZAGG screen protector but never had an issue on iPhone 4

johnrhodes

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
So I absolutely adore my iPhone 5 but it seems to have a small display problem. It occurs right below the dictation button while typing in the portrait keyboard and is there every time something with a light-ish color is being displayed there. Like I said, whenever something that has a light color to it is being shown there, there's a very small white circlish blob there. It's very small but very frustrating. Has anyone been having a similar problem?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711