Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I notice is that the Apple Podcast app will randomly start playing. I know that if you are listening and get a phone call, as soon as the call ends the app will start playing again. But this happens randomly. I will come into the room and a podcast is playing. Has only happened every few days and not a big deal but definitely weird.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

wgsesq

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Was perfect. Now sometimes my data only partially works. My email (exchange) stops pushing, calendar stops syncing, can't play any games that need data connection and I can't connect to itunes or app store. However, the internet still works for some reason. If I reboot or turn cellular data off then on again it works. Eventually, everything stops again. I'm on Verizon.

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Have erratic/inconsistent scrolling (keeps going really fast past multiple screens) & keyboard issues on apps not optimised for iPhone 5.

Not to mention marks starting to appear after 24hrs & it hasn't even left the house yet!

e8u9asuq.jpg

nezajeny.jpg

NinjamusPrime

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 4 days ago and it says I have eaten 829mb of cellular data, my plan is only 3gb with Bell. This is pretty much impossible as I usually use wifi and for the las day I have turned off the cellular data. Looks like I'm going in to see the guys at bell.

Anyone else having this problem?

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Physically my phone looks perfect. No scuffs or scratches anywhere. The screen still seems less sensitive than my 4 or 4S. I'm not able to type as well but figure maybe a software update will fix this. I've also noticed that about 1/3 of the time when I have app updates available I'll tell the phone to update and it will start downloading and then freeze. Eventually I'll get the message that the phone can't download updates at this time or the download will just freeze indefinitely. Sometimes I can try again and it will work, but oftentimes I have to reboot the phone and then the updates download and install. I'm thinking this is a iOS 6 issue because my 4S did it after the update. My battery life is excellent and like I said the phone looks perfect physically. I'm holding out hope that an update fixes all my little issues. Overall the phone is great 99% of the time so I'm happy.

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
As another two marks have magically appeared today, I've just moaned loudly to Apple online & they've agreed to send me a brand new replacement.

If I have the same issues with that one, I'll reluctantly have to swap for the white model. My OCD will do my head in otherwise!

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
When I scroll when something is using a white background, I notice a faint smudge in the top half (centre) of screen. Do you think this is caused by glue that hasn't set properly behind the screen or a fault?

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So I've been relatively lucky with my 5, as I haven't had the chipping or scuffing issues some have had. I did notice today that I have two odd silver dots under my screen all the way at the top right of the phone. I thought it could be dust at first, but they are in a perfect line and are reflective. Considering that I haven't had any other issues, I'm debating whether I should take it back to apple and have them exchange it for a new one. I'm not even sure if they would since its so small, but its clearly a (small) defect. What do you all think?

Skippy

Oct 21, 2009
Visit site
No jailbreak, fix please! ;)

Joking asside, I've been quite fortunate to not have any major issue. Have some battery-draining issues but I'm not to judge that completly yet before I can restore and put phone as new until I'm definitite sure. Know that battery-life can suffer if you choose to restore from previous backup, and I want to have my messages from my 4s so have no choice but to restore from backup until I can jailbreak.

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
As well as the scuffs, I've noticed a white dead pixel. Not completely dead but a different brightness & is quite noticeable.

Glad Apple are replacing it soon!

n7ryy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
New Verizon IPhone 5 user here and have had several of the issues others have had. Had the time change issue last weekend, power cycled and it came back as it should. I have seen the keypad flicker (static) issue a couple of times. The keyboard is definitely not very sensitive, takes me several times to push buttons sometimes.

The last issue I have had that I haven't seen mentioned is my ringtones, message tones, and email alerts are randomly very quiet. I check to make sure the alert volume is turned up as well as my ringer volume but it's still quiet. I did another power cycle and it seemed to work properly.

I have an appt with the Genius Bar tomorrow to see what can be done.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Auto brightness doesn't really work. The screen stays at the same brightness.

Go to the brightness settings, turn auto off, set the brightness as low as it will go, turn auto back on, and then aim the sensor (by the earpiece) at a bright light. you should see it slide up. fixed mine :)