Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
One bit of perspective: I had Windows phone(s) on at&t starting last Thanksgiving. You should have seen the 'issues' posts for those phones. This thread, in comparison, is pretty tame. Best part is the number of times the problem is solved with "Apple took care of it...they were great." You can be sure that those sentiments were never expressed as "HTC took care of it" or "Samsung took care of it."

To be fair, any fixes that HTC/Sammy made had to go through carrier approval. Apple just pushes fixes whenever it wants.

Calbrecht90

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having MMS issues. My iPhone 5 will not send or receive MMS. My initial thought was AT&T service, but I've tried on LTE and AT&T "4G" & WiFi, but none work. I made sure I had MMS messaging turned on in the settings. I've even tried resetting network settings...

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having MMS issues. My iPhone 5 will not send or receive MMS. My initial thought was AT&T service, but I've tried on LTE and AT&T "4G" & WiFi, but none work. I made sure I had MMS messaging turned on in the settings. I've even tried resetting network settings...

Remove sim turn off phone turn on phone then insert sim

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
For some reason sometimes my phone lights up / unlocks for no reason? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to reset it and see if that helps anything.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
OMG everybody. This is apple not RIM and the media is not all over this like white on rice. I was fixing to give my galaxy s3 to my daughter in November and get me a Iphone 5 but not now with all these problems. Jesus Christ and 25 by Gods

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
you mean it will not go back to wifi after it has been asleep? It actually turns wifi off? Are you kidding me. You say thats the way iOS works. Has the 4 and 4s been that way also? If it has why has all matter of hell not been raised about that. I mean when I'm at home I want wifi to save data and I be Damned if I want to have to bother with turning it back on. I was going to get a iPhone 5 in November but with all this going on I think I will look at a windows phone if I even do that. Heck I think I will keep my galaxy s3 with it weak wifi reception. Seems like the one with the least amount of problems right now.

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
you mean it will not go back to wifi after it has been asleep? It actually turns wifi off? Are you kidding me. You say thats the way iOS works. Has the 4 and 4s been that way also? If it has why has all matter of hell not been raised about that. I mean when I'm at home I want wifi to save data and I be Damned if I want to have to bother with turning it back on. I was going to get a iPhone 5 in November but with all this going on I think I will look at a windows phone if I even do that. Heck I think I will keep my galaxy s3 with it weak wifi reception. Seems like the one with the least amount of problems right now.

When data needs to be saved - as in backup to iCloud - or synced automatically your iPhone will do all by itself, don't worry. It turns off Wifi when sleeping in order to save battery, that's all. It has notications just like any other phone, you're not cut out from the rest of the planet. You should perhaps read other threads outside this one, not everything is black... and slate!

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I saw lines on my keyboard too, It did it when I was typing in my password to download a app.

I have seen the same thing. Someone else described it as the video from the ring. Only happened once and have not seen it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luckydwg

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that on mine as well especially with the lower part of the keyboard.

I have noticed the screen isn't as responsive on the top right and some times on the bottom as well. Don't know if this is a software or hard ware issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm just really lucky - I've had zero issues. I did notice one tiny ding on my phone when I took it out of the box, but I've since slapped a screen protector and modest case from Verizon. Looks awesome.. huge upgrade from my AT&T 4. Verizon is amaze.

Jackman777

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have very annoying problem, but I'm not sure of it is the problem with the phone or its caused by "unbelievable" Sprint network. When I check my Internet speed with Speedtest.net app very often I can see that there is incoming traffic but no outgoing. The upload speed measuring gets stuck at 0%. If I turn the data off and on again, it starts working. Also it may start working by itself after a while. And when the upload speed is not showing I can't use some apps, like weather for example. Also I have major problems with iMessage. Very often I get the message that my message was not delivered. Even when i send from iMessage to iMessage. Again, I'm on Sprint and their 3G really sucks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have very annoying problem, but I'm not sure of it is the problem with the phone or its caused by "unbelievable" Sprint network. When I check my Internet speed with Speedtest.net app very often I can see that there is incoming traffic but no outgoing. The upload speed measuring gets stuck at 0%. If I turn the data off and on again, it starts working. Also it may start working by itself after a while. And when the upload speed is not showing I can't use some apps, like weather for example. Also I have major problems with iMessage. Very often I get the message that my message was not delivered. Even when i send from iMessage to iMessage. Again, I'm on Sprint and their 3G really sucks.

Try a restore and set up as new if that don't fix then its the phone and a hardware issue

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Currently I'm having issues accessing new voicemails. It notifies me that there is a new one yet it doesn't show up in visual voicemail.

Also I do agree this keyboard isn't nearly as good as the one on my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well I recorded new audio with the volume on and speaker reset to default on. Other than that, I as every else has the certain apps not playing nice with brightness settings, like passbook.

Go go gadget Tapatalk

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm having higher sensitivity to the screen than with my 4S. I've also noticed that it is taking way longer than expected to restore from a backup with the lightning cable- our internet in our area is slow so no fast wifi speeds for us.

How fast is your Internet speed ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711