Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Default Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Girl View Post
    One bit of perspective: I had Windows phone(s) on at&t starting last Thanksgiving. You should have seen the 'issues' posts for those phones. This thread, in comparison, is pretty tame. Best part is the number of times the problem is solved with "Apple took care of it...they were great." You can be sure that those sentiments were never expressed as "HTC took care of it" or "Samsung took care of it."
    To be fair, any fixes that HTC/Sammy made had to go through carrier approval. Apple just pushes fixes whenever it wants.
    Current iOS Devices: iPhone 5S (A1533 GSM), iPad Mini, AppleTV (2nd Gen)
    Past iOS Devices: iPhone 5 (A1428/9), iPhone 4S (Sprint & Verizon), iPad (3rd Gen), iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch (2nd & 4th Gen)
    iPhone Nanite

Is anyone having MMS issues. My iPhone 5 will not send or receive MMS. My initial thought was AT&T service, but I've tried on LTE and AT&T "4G" & WiFi, but none work. I made sure I had MMS messaging turned on in the settings. I've even tried resetting network settings...
    Last edited by Calbrecht90; 09-27-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Global Posts
    4,715 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Calbrecht90 View Post
    Is anyone having MMS issues. My iPhone 5 will not send or receive MMS. My initial thought was AT&T service, but I've tried on LTE and AT&T "4G" & WiFi, but none work. I made sure I had MMS messaging turned on in the settings. I've even tried resetting network settings...
    Remove sim turn off phone turn on phone then insert sim
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

For some reason sometimes my phone lights up / unlocks for no reason? Anyone else experiencing this? I'm going to reset it and see if that helps anything.
    Twitter & Instagram = @billiber
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

OMG everybody. This is apple not RIM and the media is not all over this like white on rice. I was fixing to give my galaxy s3 to my daughter in November and get me a Iphone 5 but not now with all these problems. Jesus Christ and 25 by Gods
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

you mean it will not go back to wifi after it has been asleep? It actually turns wifi off? Are you kidding me. You say thats the way iOS works. Has the 4 and 4s been that way also? If it has why has all matter of hell not been raised about that. I mean when I'm at home I want wifi to save data and I be Damned if I want to have to bother with turning it back on. I was going to get a iPhone 5 in November but with all this going on I think I will look at a windows phone if I even do that. Heck I think I will keep my galaxy s3 with it weak wifi reception. Seems like the one with the least amount of problems right now.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    you mean it will not go back to wifi after it has been asleep? It actually turns wifi off? Are you kidding me. You say thats the way iOS works. Has the 4 and 4s been that way also? If it has why has all matter of hell not been raised about that. I mean when I'm at home I want wifi to save data and I be Damned if I want to have to bother with turning it back on. I was going to get a iPhone 5 in November but with all this going on I think I will look at a windows phone if I even do that. Heck I think I will keep my galaxy s3 with it weak wifi reception. Seems like the one with the least amount of problems right now.
    When data needs to be saved - as in backup to iCloud - or synced automatically your iPhone will do all by itself, don't worry. It turns off Wifi when sleeping in order to save battery, that's all. It has notications just like any other phone, you're not cut out from the rest of the planet. You should perhaps read other threads outside this one, not everything is black... and slate!
    Are you John Wayne? Is this me?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronkv View Post
    I saw lines on my keyboard too, It did it when I was typing in my password to download a app.
    I have seen the same thing. Someone else described it as the video from the ring. Only happened once and have not seen it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibanana1 View Post
    I noticed that on mine as well especially with the lower part of the keyboard.
    I have noticed the screen isn't as responsive on the top right and some times on the bottom as well. Don't know if this is a software or hard ware issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Anyone having problems with Facebook double posting?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

my only issue is i cannot find one lol. first world problems
    Rocket_Girl likes this.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts

One minor annoyance issue, in voice memos my speaker is defaulted to off even when sound is on.

Go go gadget Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I think I'm just really lucky - I've had zero issues. I did notice one tiny ding on my phone when I took it out of the box, but I've since slapped a screen protector and modest case from Verizon. Looks awesome.. huge upgrade from my AT&T 4. Verizon is amaze.
    iPhone Nanite

I have very annoying problem, but I'm not sure of it is the problem with the phone or its caused by "unbelievable" Sprint network. When I check my Internet speed with Speedtest.net app very often I can see that there is incoming traffic but no outgoing. The upload speed measuring gets stuck at 0%. If I turn the data off and on again, it starts working. Also it may start working by itself after a while. And when the upload speed is not showing I can't use some apps, like weather for example. Also I have major problems with iMessage. Very often I get the message that my message was not delivered. Even when i send from iMessage to iMessage. Again, I'm on Sprint and their 3G really sucks.

Global Posts
    4,715 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Jackman777 View Post
    I have very annoying problem, but I'm not sure of it is the problem with the phone or its caused by "unbelievable" Sprint network. When I check my Internet speed with Speedtest.net app very often I can see that there is incoming traffic but no outgoing. The upload speed measuring gets stuck at 0%. If I turn the data off and on again, it starts working. Also it may start working by itself after a while. And when the upload speed is not showing I can't use some apps, like weather for example. Also I have major problems with iMessage. Very often I get the message that my message was not delivered. Even when i send from iMessage to iMessage. Again, I'm on Sprint and their 3G really sucks.
    Try a restore and set up as new if that don't fix then its the phone and a hardware issue
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Remove sim turn off phone turn on phone then insert sim
    Worked right after I turned it on, tried it again after an hour and doesn't work again Any other suggestions?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Currently I'm having issues accessing new voicemails. It notifies me that there is a new one yet it doesn't show up in visual voicemail.

Also I do agree this keyboard isn't nearly as good as the one on my iPhone 4 running 5.1.1.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone 5 (AT&T, 32GB, Black) :: MacBook Pro (15") :: iPad (1st Generation, 64GB, WiFi; 4th Generation, 16GB, WiFi+LTE)]
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,196 Global Posts

Well I recorded new audio with the volume on and speaker reset to default on. Other than that, I as every else has the certain apps not playing nice with brightness settings, like passbook.

Go go gadget Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Get no icons in the upper status bar.
    (Mail, sms, silent mode, calls etc )

Some one else who got this problem ?

Sent from my iPån5, using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by iHelloKitty3 View Post
    I'm having higher sensitivity to the screen than with my 4S. I've also noticed that it is taking way longer than expected to restore from a backup with the lightning cable- our internet in our area is slow so no fast wifi speeds for us.
    How fast is your Internet speed ?
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by IoannisTs View Post
    How fast is your Internet speed ?
    My wifi is around 30mb down / 10mb upp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Intermediate

iMore Beginner

Well the other day while typing on my keyboard a small portion of the keyboard made this weird like animation like the left side was missing. Today I hit a key and the Animation that enlarges the key stood on the screen and flickered. Not a huge deal in intermittent but it's happening.
    iMore Intermediate

Help ! My camera takes better pictures without flash in the dark then with flash enabled ;(

Any one else has this issue?

No flash

With flash

iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Anytime I leave my wifi I have to restart my phone to get data signal. I've tried everything, airplane mode to reset signal, leaving wifi on, turning wifi off... Nothing works but a reset.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast