Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 249
Like Tree43Likes
  1. #51  
    RICO78jt's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default

    Hate how slow my SPRINT connection is....

    Thats the only issue I have so far.

    Still getting use to the iPhone....
    precon22 likes this.
  2. #52  
    mtmjr90's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slowednblowed View Post
    My wifi is acting up, im not able to send mms over wifi and while my macbook speeds away on my wifi my i5 just putts along. When I switch it to LTE though it jams out.
    Same. Especially bad when downloading apps and large files like podcasts. LTE works fine though.
    Last edited by mtmjr90; 09-23-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Current iOS Devices: iPhone 5S (A1533 GSM), iPad Mini, AppleTV (2nd Gen)
    Past iOS Devices: iPhone 5 (A1428/9), iPhone 4S (Sprint & Verizon), iPad (3rd Gen), iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch (2nd & 4th Gen)
  3. #53  
    baseballbert's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,776 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tourstagefan View Post
    Please feel free to call me on it if I'm nitpicking. Has anyone noticed that the screen/display has a slightly yellowish hue to it?

    White seems to be more of an off-white color. I'm comparing side-by-side with my iPhone4 and every menu/color seems to be slightly yellowish. Overall, the colors do not seem as crisp as the Retina Display on my iP4.
    I had that on two 4S models, exchanged them each time and lucked out on the third one.
  4. #54  
    porksoda's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    196 Posts

    Default

    Fantastic thread... the screen yellow tint issue was around since iphone 4... different manufacturer or different wafer the screens of ip4 and 4s range from blueish white to down right beige/yellow.
  5. #55  
    metllicamilitia's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    633 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,214 Global Posts

    Default

    Ah, one issue I have seen now, that I can't fully attribute to Apple, iOS, iTunes or iP5, is that not all my songs play. The reason why I can't say it's the fault of anyone is because I mass transferring my 2,700 songs into iTunes at one time. That can cause issues with the file itself.


    Go go gadget Tapatalk
  6. #56  
    GPAbsinthe's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    267 Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ALborntoride View Post
    So this may be to my not knowing since i'm a new iphone user but when i turn on my wi-fi and connect here at the house its stays on for a little while but after the phone has been asleep for a bit and i turn it back on it has turned the wi-fi off and is back on LTE. Is there a switch or something i have to do to keep the wi-fi on when i'm at home??
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmjr90 View Post
    That's how iOS works. I personally hate it but unless you jailbreak, there's nothing you can do. If you do jailbreak (hopefully we can soon), there's a utility called Insomnia (I think that's what it's called) that will allow you to have persistent wifi.
    Sorry to differ, but my Wi-Fi does stay on when I'm at home, no matter how long the device's been to sleep. It has always been like that, as far as I can remember...
    Are you John Wayne? Is this me?
  7. #57  
    GPAbsinthe's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    267 Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindseyk202004 View Post
    I am new to the iphone as well and my wifi seemed to keep shutting off like when I would leave the house and then come back and just while in the living room, but my "ask to join" wasn't turned to on. I turned it on and it reconnects automatically when I come back home and is working fine. My problem was just me not being familiar with an iphone. Maybe this can help you too.
    +1.

    If not then its your WiFi that isn't strong enough...
    Are you John Wayne? Is this me?
  8. #58  
    GusHerb94's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts

    Default

    Having issues with 3G basically coming to a screeching halt after awhile until I reboot the phones, then it's zipping along again. Not sure what exactly is causing that but CS claims it's because the network is still "overwhelmed with activations" If this doesn't go away in a few days then we have a problem...
  9. #59  
    Steve-O's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    - I get 'USB failed' errors when plugging the phone in to my laptop. The new connector is meant to be usable either way round, but I'm finding I can only connect to my laptop/iTunes if it's one specific way. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying.

    - Typing - Not sure if this is a 'bug' of some kind, or just where the screen has changed slightly & I'm getting used to the keys being minutely out of place - but I'm fining the keys not particularly sensitive - especially the space bar. Most things I type come out in one massive sentence, even when I'm 100% sure I've pressed he spacebar.

    - & the big one for me - the wifi not working. After getting home yesterday it worked ok except once where I just reset the network settings & that resolved the issue. But now, I cannot send/receive ANY data over wifi. The phone is connect to my home network (as are my iPad & laptop & they're working fine), but it just won't send/receive anything. Have stuck in Airplane Mode - nothing. Let the battery die & restart it - nothing. Reset the Network Settings - nothing. Have now resorted to arranging a call with Apple Support tomorrow evening. Slightly annoying when this is the key thing I need to work. Hoping Apple can offer a resolution as it's a 35 mile trip to my nearest Apple store if it needs to be replaced.
  10. #60  
    mtcowdog's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default

    Like others, Wi-fi is an issue. With iP5, my wifi is brutally slow. On the same network and location, an old iPod touch is much faster on wifi. We are also seeing wifi impacts on an iPhone 4 that we upgraded to iOS6. I am guessing this is an iOS6 issue. iPad1 with iOS5 is also fine on wifi.

    Lots of posts across the "interwebs" with similar issues.
  11. #61  
    MichelleRo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Ayoup View Post
    My ip5 has been on an off LTE since the beginning... it hasn't been consistently on LTE. Also, it sometimes goes to "no service" for a few minutes....

    Maybe sim card problem?
    I am having the same issue here in south Florida. I will drop from LTE to 4G then no data and even suddenly to no bars for no reason! It will happen while I am sitting in the same spot also. 5 bars with LTE to no bars no data for a few seconds and then back up again.
  12. #62  
    oron50's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default

    Try going into your settings in Airplane mode on and then off. That is quicker and will do the same thing.
  13. #63  
    MichelleRo's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleRo View Post
    I am having the same issue here in south Florida. I will drop from LTE to 4G then no data and even suddenly to no bars for no reason! It will happen while I am sitting in the same spot also. 5 bars with LTE to no bars no data for a few seconds and then back up again.

    --UPDATE: A friend is sitting within 10 feet of me with a 4s (also on AT&T like me) and they have 5 signal bar strength whereas I have 2 at the moment. Something fishy is going on!
  14. #64  
    Tom Munch's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default

    I find it much more difficult to operate one-handed with a thumb. When it's in the right position to double up (double down) and reach the bottom it's impossible to also reach the top. I have average-sized hands, so I didn't think this would be an issue. I'm also a guitar player, so my thumb is probably more flexible than a lot of people.
  15. #65  
    jayxpx's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    IOS 6.1

    Default

    Having issues with "Tap to Post" I can post through the app and can get Siri to post for me but when i click "Tap to Post" in the notification shade it will always give me "Cannot Connect..." message...is anyone else getting this? I have the iphone 5 on VZW network
  16. #66  
    mbern1008's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    61 Posts

    Default

    my only complaint about the new iPhone five is that when the apps are letterboxed the keyboard is higher than where i expect the keyboard to be and I have a hard time hitting the right keys
  17. #67  
    FlyLife's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Im taking pictures with my phone and noticed when i go to camera roll the picture is not full screen. Is that normal?
  18. #68  
    mtmjr90's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbern1008 View Post
    my only complaint about the new iPhone five is that when the apps are letterboxed the keyboard is higher than where i expect the keyboard to be and I have a hard time hitting the right keys
    The keyboard experience for me has been horrendous. Almost unusable (relative to what I'm used to on iOS, even Android and WP). I sincerely hope it can be fixed with a simple software update...
    Current iOS Devices: iPhone 5S (A1533 GSM), iPad Mini, AppleTV (2nd Gen)
    Past iOS Devices: iPhone 5 (A1428/9), iPhone 4S (Sprint & Verizon), iPad (3rd Gen), iPad 2, iPad, iPod Touch (2nd & 4th Gen)
  19. #69  
    GibMcFragger's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    826 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyLife View Post
    Im taking pictures with my phone and noticed when i go to camera roll the picture is not full screen. Is that normal?
    Yes as the picture are 4:3 and the display is 16:9.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 5s 32GB Gold
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    iPad Mini 16GB Wifi
    ATV3
  20. #70  
    FlyLife's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterofPuppets View Post
    Yes as the picture are 4:3 and the display is 16:9.
    Thanks!!! Good to know.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #71  
    ces911's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleRo View Post
    --UPDATE: A friend is sitting within 10 feet of me with a 4s (also on AT&T like me) and they have 5 signal bar strength whereas I have 2 at the moment. Something fishy is going on!
    I have had some flucutation in signal as well. 3G to LTE and signal strength. I have compared to 3 others and there are all diff in flucutation. Anyone else see this.
    MichelleRo likes this.
  22. #72  
    kjparfekt's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

    Default Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

    Scratch phone for me, my first phone had an inch long scratch on the back and 2 dents in the bezel. Went to Apple and they happened to have another white 32 gb Sprint iPhone 5, got to my car and my gf noticed a dent on the back cover and a small scratch on the bezel (in the excitement of them having a replacement I hadn't looked closely). The manager said they didn't have any phones left to exchange but she'd would call me Wednesday to set up an exchange if they have new stock. Not good luck for my first iPhone ever.
  23. #73  
    Steve-O's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    - I get 'USB failed' errors when plugging the phone in to my laptop. The new connector is meant to be usable either way round, but I'm finding I can only connect to my laptop/iTunes if it's one specific way. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying.

    - Typing - Not sure if this is a 'bug' of some kind, or just where the screen has changed slightly & I'm getting used to the keys being minutely out of place - but I'm fining the keys not particularly sensitive - especially the space bar. Most things I type come out in one massive sentence, even when I'm 100% sure I've pressed he spacebar.

    - & the big one for me - the wifi not working. After getting home yesterday it worked ok except once where I just reset the network settings & that resolved the issue. But now, I cannot send/receive ANY data over wifi. The phone is connect to my home network (as are my iPad & laptop & they're working fine), but it just won't send/receive anything. Have stuck in Airplane Mode - nothing. Let the battery die & restart it - nothing. Reset the Network Settings - nothing. Have now resorted to arranging a call with Apple Support tomorrow evening. Slightly annoying when this is the key thing I need to work. Hoping Apple can offer a resolution as it's a 35 mile trip to my nearest Apple store if it needs to be replaced.
    In addition to this, I've noticed that since iOS 6 (on both 4S & 5), if I restart the phone, when it turns back on it's always in call forward mode.

    From the responses & other forums, it seems my above issues are iOS related. I have a call with Apple Support this evening anyway to log the issues & see if there's anything that can be done to resolve the intermittent wifi issue (which is now corrected itself randomly).
  24. #74  
    trtmazda3's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

    Default Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

    My camera flash acted up once. It would just barely flash...not enough to light up the pic. Turned the phone off and back on and haven't had a problem again...yet.
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...DSC0257222.jpg
    My first pride and joy: 2008 Mazda3 S Touring
    Second: iPhone!
  25. #75  
    skittlesj20's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts

    Default Re: Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO78jt View Post
    Hate how slow my SPRINT connection is....

    Thats the only issue I have so far.

    Still getting use to the iPhone....
    My sentiments exactly!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions