Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed typing is harder than my previous model (3GS - I've waited a while to upgrade!). More mistakes and less reliable auto correct. Also several times I've had the weird flickering coloured lines. Very disconcerting. And there is no sound for incoming messages - all rather irritating. Oh, and the odd rattle from inside if I lightly tap the back. I think Apple are losing their touch. Never had anything like these issues on my previous iPhones or my iPad.

The auto-correct issue might be because your 3GS' auto-correct learned some words that your iPhone 5 hasn't had the chance to yet. The more you use the keyboard, the more it learns and the better auto-correct becomes. As for the sounds, that's weird. Are you sure you have your phone on normal, rather than vibrate/silent? The switch on the top left above the volume buttons controls that.

elioar

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I switched from AT&T to Verizon. My wife's phone had a very small "chip" in the black paint, you couldn't feel anything but it is there.

The big issue we both have is voice quality and LTE reliability. The voice quality makes us sound like we are on bad speaker phones, like the call is about to drop and our voices can sound digitized or auto tuned. There is an 11 page thread on Apple this but I haven't seen anything on iMore about it.

We live in an LTE area but the data throughput has been very unreliable. I sent an iMessage to my daughters 4S tonight with 4 bars of LTE and it took about 90 seconds and eventually was sent as a text message. If I turned LTE off it works much better but why should I have to do that?

I also have had the bug of the entire screen turning black except for the status bar across the top. Had to restart the phone to clear it.

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Replacement iPhone 5 just arrived from Apple. So far, so good. No dings, chips or dead pixels. Hopefully this is a keeper as I don't really want a white one..

9a6a2y2y.jpg

egute6ap.jpg

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone 5 (already replaced once due to scuffing!) has broken. Loose glass (makes noise when taped on left side), weird brightness/colour (looks overly bright & colourful and some lighter areas as if the backlight is showing through), muffled headphones & flickering/constant vibrating when charged. ARGH!!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I switched from AT&T to Verizon. My wife's phone had a very small "chip" in the black paint, you couldn't feel anything but it is there.

The big issue we both have is voice quality and LTE reliability. The voice quality makes us sound like we are on bad speaker phones, like the call is about to drop and our voices can sound digitized or auto tuned. There is an 11 page thread on Apple this but I haven't seen anything on iMore about it.

We live in an LTE area but the data throughput has been very unreliable. I sent an iMessage to my daughters 4S tonight with 4 bars of LTE and it took about 90 seconds and eventually was sent as a text message. If I turned LTE off it works much better but why should I have to do that?

I also have had the bug of the entire screen turning black except for the status bar across the top. Had to restart the phone to clear it.

This is very concerning. Verizon wireless and US cellular consistently get high marks for call clarity. I you try for 2 replacement phones as literally yoirn2 could come off the line from a bad quality batch and be boxed and shipped and xhelved together.

Also try a speed test in your area.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is an issue or not, but I don't know if the left speaker on the bottom of the phone is working or not ( the speaker right next to the headphone jack). It seems that most of the sound comes out of the right side of the speaker ( as a test I turned the volume up and felt the vibrations coming from the right side speaker, but not much from the left side. Anyone else notice this? I have had my phone since Sept 25th and I just now noticed this. It's not really a deal breaker, the sound is still great but it's just hard for me to judge if the left speaker is working or not.

whippetcat

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post your iPhone 5 issues here....(Bluetooth staying connected & Keyboard shortcuts)

I have two:

(1) Bluetooth. I use a bluetooth headset (Plantronics 920). I sync it with the 5, I make a call, works fine. Then, I RECEIVE a call, and the headset is no longer synced, I must fumble with the phone to get to the screen that offers me the choice of my headset, handset or speaker, which is not cool while I'm driving. I'm not sure if it's the headsets problem, but when I had this headset synced to my Droid, it worked flawlessly. Anyone else have this problem?

(2) Keyboard shortcuts. Most times they work, sometimes, more often than I'd like, they don't. This is my first iPhone, so no legacy problems. Anyone else with this problem?

DarWinnz

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i cant seem to be able to change my push e-mail notification sound. i have went to settings , mail, and then scroll down to new mail sound. i change the sound, but it doesn't actually go into effect. its seems to be locked with the sound set rt out of the box ? WTF ?

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have two:

(1) Bluetooth. I use a bluetooth headset (Plantronics 920). I sync it with the 5, I make a call, works fine. Then, I RECEIVE a call, and the headset is no longer synced, I must fumble with the phone to get to the screen that offers me the choice of my headset, handset or speaker, which is not cool while I'm driving. I'm not sure if it's the headsets problem, but when I had this headset synced to my Droid, it worked flawlessly. Anyone else have this problem?

I use a Motorola S9HD Bluetooth headset and do not see that issue. I will randomly not get the ringing in the headset but I can still answer the call from the headset. Next time you get a call that you see an your iPhone, just try answering it on your Bluetooth, works for me.

medeaortica

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My issues so far now:

- after subscribing to a number of podcasts, the general list of my subscriptions started to not showing up any new subscription,
I tried going back to the podcasts several times, pushing again and again on "subscribe", but after being sent to the podcast list, as said nothing new appears on the list

-my buttery life is incredibly short

-when the battery is thoroughly discharged, after being plugged to electricity system, the iPhone doesn't switch on immediately

fiction_v3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been receiving double text messages since day one. The problem only occurs with 2 people who are both with Sprint and have Android phones. I also get a lot of failed messages to the same people. This has not been as bad as of lately, but, happens more often than I'd like.

I got my iPhone 5 on Verizon after leaving Sprint so I'm not sure if this is just a network issue.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I've been receiving double text messages since day one. The problem only occurs with 2 people who are both with Sprint and have Android phones. I also get a lot of failed messages to the same people. This has not been as bad as of lately, but, happens more often than I'd like.

I got my iPhone 5 on Verizon after leaving Sprint so I'm not sure if this is just a network issue.

Go to notifications>messages>repeat>never

MANdroidd

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the static across the keyboard when entering my password as well. I read that the new update is supposed to resolve it but i havent had the chance to update yet. besides that im loving my new iphone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711