Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Like Tree43Likes
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Default Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

Well I do notice the yellowish tint but that's normal.. I only see it on low brightness.. That doesn't bother me though I think the display looks perfect.

HOWEVER, the real issue I have and I believe I should take it to the apple store and demand a new one is that my flash Doesn't work. I've tried wiping and restoring as a new iPhone. Resetting the settings and wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed with iOS 6.0.1? I work at best buy mobile and I had a couple of customers return at the beginning because of this, even a very famous person which I was star-struck by seeing lol but anyways, my flash just doesn't work. It never flashes, and in the beginning it would seem like it flashed but I would take a picture and it flashed but like it flashed at the wrong time because the picture wouldn't be lit up. I'm very angry at this, since I spent 900 dollars on the 64GB off contract.... If anyone has any suggestions towards what my next course of action should be please let me know
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: Post your iPhone 5 issues here....

Problem with the earpiece. Sometimes when somebody calls, i can't hear the caller but they can hear me. Pressing on the bezel below the earpiece and above the screen fixes it, so hardware. Unfortunately, there's no apple store in my country so...
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,398 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    latest

Quote Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
    Problem with the earpiece. Sometimes when somebody calls, i can't hear the caller but they can hear me. Pressing on the bezel below the earpiece and above the screen fixes it, so hardware. Unfortunately, there's no apple store in my country so...
    We that's interesting. I'll have to try that

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
    Follow me: www.twitter.com/joshuasmiley

2011 MBA 13 i5 480GB SSD, VZW 64GB GOLD iP5S, iPad mini 32gb Black
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Bump! Anyone with suggestions for my issue?
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by jmorales5922 View Post
    Well I do notice the yellowish tint but that's normal.. I only see it on low brightness.. That doesn't bother me though I think the display looks perfect.

HOWEVER, the real issue I have and I believe I should take it to the apple store and demand a new one is that my flash Doesn't work. I've tried wiping and restoring as a new iPhone. Resetting the settings and wasn't this issue supposed to be fixed with iOS 6.0.1? I work at best buy mobile and I had a couple of customers return at the beginning because of this, even a very famous person which I was star-struck by seeing lol but anyways, my flash just doesn't work. It never flashes, and in the beginning it would seem like it flashed but I would take a picture and it flashed but like it flashed at the wrong time because the picture wouldn't be lit up. I'm very angry at this, since I spent 900 dollars on the 64GB off contract.... If anyone has any suggestions towards what my next course of action should be please let me know
    1 - I trust you have tried turning auto flash off and then on again.

2 - have you tried the light itself? Get a flashlight app and see if the app turns on the light. If it doesn't, the light is definitely broken.

If no. 1 doesn't help then return the phone.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.2

My iPhone 5 always seems to lose my home wifi connection from time to time I never had that issues with my 4S
    iPhone 4S to iPhone 5 whats next
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dougef2 View Post
    1 - I trust you have tried turning auto flash off and then on again.

2 - have you tried the light itself? Get a flashlight app and see if the app turns on the light. If it doesn't, the light is definitely broken.

If no. 1 doesn't help then return the phone.

Yeah I did all those things, the light does come on when I take the first picture lol but the following pictures it never comes on!

It does work because my flashlight works, I'm guessing its something to do with the camera app?
    iPhone Nanite

Yes. Now you come to mention it I had the same thing, I thought it was me not talking loud enough. I also loose signal a lot and have to press flight mode on/off to get signal back, this is the second phone I've had with the same problem(iphone5)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    572 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just started having a problem with the personal hotspot a few days ago. I use it to connect my ps3 to the net and play online or Netflix, etc. Well as of a cpl of days ago, the connection constantly drops every few minutes then starts back up. I tried using my computer and download a file and it does the same thing. The connection drops quickly then reconnects, but the few seconds it disconnects causes all connections to drop (pc, ps3, etc).

It's quite annoying to have to constantly log back into everything and restart a download whatever I might be doing.

Anyone else have this problem?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

My iPhone 5's battery life is just awful, while only surfing the web or listening to music, the battery drains out in three hours...
    Thanked by:
    Sekelani Zwambila (12-20-2012)
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by izo.sak View Post
    My iPhone 5's battery life is just awful, while only surfing the web or listening to music, the battery drains out in three hours...
    We are in the same boat buddy.
    iPhone Nanite

Yellow spot in top left. Gets worse as phone gets warmer.
    iMore Intermediate

Got a replacement hand set and seems like when plugged in for charging random key presses and the screen skips when scrolling.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

I have an problem with my iTunes with Genius Sync for my iPhone 5, here's the picture Post your iPhone 5 issues here....-imageuploadedbytapatalk1356770776.193917.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

> Blackberry Z10 - White - Verizon Wireless - Current <

>iPhone 6 - Next Device<
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

My sprint iphone displays the wrong time sometimes.. I have to reset to make it work.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by delta7 View Post
    My sprint iphone displays the wrong time sometimes.. I have to reset to make it work.
    Do you stay in the same time zone or travel to different ones? I think it would be odd if you stay in the same area and the time is wrong sometimes but correct at other times (I assume). I do a lot of traveling and when I land in different times zones sometimes it takes awhile to adjust to the correct local time.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer2 View Post
    Do you stay in the same time zone or travel to different ones? I think it would be odd if you stay in the same area and the time is wrong sometimes but correct at other times (I assume). I do a lot of traveling and when I land in different times zones sometimes it takes awhile to adjust to the correct local time.
    Same time zone has this issue since I bought it in opening day.
    iPhone Newbie

My Iphone 4 did this before I returned it.

No idea why. My current iphone 4 also does this sometimes. Not sure why. as soon as it's unplugged....it's normal.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I keep having issues with my phone dropping the cell signal. I got a new one today and it won't connect to my wifi. I am not real happy with the iPhone 5 now.
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by randomhero73 View Post
    On my 4th swap... and according to the apple store guy, my last swap they will allow me to do. First 3 either scratched, chipped or had serious battery issues. Got my 4th and final swap today. And after getting home and inspecting it. Have noticed the top part of the aluminium ( Black Model ) around the top where the power button is, that the colour of the black is completely different. Much lighter, and is quite noticeable. Does not match the rest of the black on the back or bottom. I honestly dont know what to do anymore?
    Send us a picture

iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Droidrage729 View Post
    I have a several issues I can't put the damn thing down its so awesome which is straining my relationships. Also when I forget to put it on the charger it won't die. I practically have a charger for nothing.
    How the hell do you get such amazing battery????
    I've tried everything

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts

No issues here either. Just a little lag when answering it as we'll at times. White iPhone 5 16 GB on the big red V lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    iOS Version

My iPhone 5 has not wifi synced in weeks if not longer and now it's started not syncing when plugged into my laptop. I don't know how important this is as it backs up every night but syncing it just won't do. I have renamed it and my iPad and checked the box in iTunes for wifi syncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Douglas Wilson
    Verizon iPhone 5, 64G and iPad 4G 32GB
    iPhone Nanite

I have a new iPhone 5, activated a week ago. Facebook app crashes after about 10 seconds every time it is opened using my account. I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can count, I have rebooted the phone numerous times, and I have spent hours with Verizon and Apple techs, not to mention the techs where I purchased the phone. I have repeatedly reported the problem to Facebook, but, of course, have not heard from them. I have even returned the first phone and set up a new one. Facebook app still crashes. Last night the Verizon tech suggested I login on a different Facebook account. I did this using two different accounts and they both work perfectly. I reinstalled my account and it crashes. I mirrored the settings of the Facebook account that worked with my account and it still does not work. ANY suggestions as to what is causing this problem -- is it a setting in the Facebook account? should I hard reset my phone? should I deactivate and reactivate my Facebook account? Seeking help.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910