Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Default Home button faulty?

Hey all,

Picked up a black 64GB iPhone 5 this morning from a Verizon corporate store. It was so busy and noisy in there that I didn't really have a chance to check out the phone until I got back home. Once I got home and it was somewhat quiet, I noticed that my home button has this odd plasticky pre-click before I actually press down the button. It does it every time and it sounds very cheap (like a creaking samsung phone lol). I also bought a iPhone 5 16GB for my father and his home button is perfect and doesn't have this odd pre-click. It barely takes any weight to make the button click. Has anyone else experienced this? The button works, but the click is really annoying and I really think that for $400 it shouldn't do this (when the 16GB is fine).

Would the Verizon reps replace it because of this even though the button isn't broken?

Other than that, I am enjoying the bigger screen and all the other i5 features

Thanks!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,819 Global Posts

The Apple store would, but not the Verizon store. Take your dad's i5 and show them a side by side.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    The Apple store would, but not the Verizon store. Take your dad's i5 and show them a side by side.
    I'm 200 miles away from an Apple retail store. If I were closer, I would definitely do that.
    df_
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Home button faulty?

I had the same problem !

I called Apple and ask for a replacement, which I got in 48h
    Sent the faulty iPhone back to Apple and that's it. Free of charge !