Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Apple Store on Saturday

Are most Apple Stores expected to have iPhone 5's on Saturday? Work prevented me from being able to go at opening.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The one I went to had a lot of stock left. So if its like the one near me you should be good, if they get any shipments overnight you will be set. Call first though so you don't waste a trip.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Could be if you get there early. My friend just went to one and he said hey still had plenty.
    Thanked by:
    tjones_71 (09-21-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

I just got back from an apple store (pick up lightning chargers). They were out of devices and people were still coming in asking.

The employee laughed when I asked of they sold out.

I didn't hear what they said regarding more, sorry.

They also only let me buy 2 lightning USB cords. They said only 2 per person so they don't run out. First time this happened w apple but I understand.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    2,552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jbcellular View Post
    I just got back from an apple store (pick up lightning chargers). They were out of devices and people were still coming in asking.

The employee laughed when I asked of they sold out.

I didn't hear what they said regarding more, sorry.

They also only let me buy 2 lightning USB cords. They said only 2 per person so they don't run out. First time this happened w apple but I understand.
    I just bought 4 through the Apple Store app and chose the in-store pickup option. Maybe that's a way around that if stores are restricting you to 2-per-person.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by greasyg2006 View Post
    Are most Apple Stores expected to have iPhone 5's on Saturday? Work prevented me from being able to go at opening.
    I called the Apple Store this morning and was told they had plenty of stock. I arrived about 10 and was only 10th in line. When I left, the line was much, much longer.
    MB Pro 13" 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 4GB OS 10.6.7 | iPad (3rd Gen) 64GB Wifi | iPad 16GB Wifi | iPhone 4 & 5 16GB AT&T |Apple TV 2|iPod Video 80GB
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,970 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

My buddy got his today at the Apple store...only had a very short wait time, but said when he left, the line was significantly building.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I just bought 4 through the Apple Store app and chose the in-store pickup option. Maybe that's a way around that if stores are restricting you to 2-per-person.
    thats a good work around didn't think of that if you can purchase the iphone 5 like that instead of waiting in long lines just get in near the front door and see if it will allow you to select and pay hmmm
    iMore Nanite

My local Apple Store in Lancaster, PA had no cases or lightning cords today.