iPhone 5 speed test results

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Official iPhone 5 speed test results thread!

Ashland, Ohio LTE

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348494727.116391.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1348494727.116391.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 103

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
image.png

This is from Sylacauga AL which is about 40 miles south of Birmingham. The result at 10:28AM is on 3G and the results at 10:09AM is on LTE.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

This looks a lot like my Verizon results in Rochester. Yours are better. I hope something is going on around here - because this is nuts.

Had one that was 0.00 up and 0.21 down. On LTE. Cripes. I did NOT leave at&t AND buy iphone 5 for results like this!

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 PM ----------

photo.PNG

Rochester NY. TERRIBLE!!!

king3pj

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
so who's getting better LTE?? Verizon or AT&T????

From what I've seen they are pretty similar speeds. Verizon is in way more places though so that gives Verizon the edge as far as I'm concerned. If AT&T or Sprint have LTE in your area and you don't care about using it in other areas I'm sure you will be happy with them too.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
From what I've seen they are pretty similar speeds. Verizon is in way more places though so that gives Verizon the edge as far as I'm concerned. If AT&T or Sprint have LTE in your area and you don't care about using it in other areas I'm sure you will be happy with them too.

It would be helpful if people posted location and carrier...about half the posts miss one or the other.
It appeared AT&T was faster.

king3pj

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It would be helpful if people posted location and carrier...about half the posts miss one or the other.

I agree that more location data would be helpful. All my tests were done in suburbs outside of Detroit. AT&T may in fact be faster but I just showed a 42 down speed test on Verizon so their top speeds can be great too.

My main point is that most people on Verizon will be in LTE areas far more often than people on AT&T and sprint.

I'm not saying this difference exists between Verizon and AT&T, but how much real world difference is there really on an iPhone getting 40Mb and one getting 35Mb? From what I've seen the speeds are pretty great for the most part from all carriers. I don't think you will notice much difference in HD streaming or web browsing between LTE on different carriers.

I think the biggest difference between the carriers' LTE is that Verizon's LTE coverage area dwarfs the others so most customers will spend more time on LTE and less on 3G with Verizon.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

Not to be a smart aleck but most of the screenshots say Verizon or AT&T in the upper left. But I agree, location would be nice.

adeel

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The true test of the network. Chelsea neighborhood, Manhattan around 6pm today. Either AT&T LTE is holding up well in NYC or the deluge of expected iPhone 5 users hasn't happened yet.

photo.PNG

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon in NW Chicago burbs. 7mbs minimum upwards of 25mbs. I was getting 7-11mbs in my apt but at work it scorches up to 25. I tested a few time during the day and it remained constant. Very nice!

Attachments

• speed.PNG
    speed.PNG
    495.6 KB · Views: 49

Jonsgoat

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
uzeba3y8.jpg
AT&T Pittsburgh tonight and the other day on my 4s

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online