Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
LOL! The only problem si the possibility of death while I'm sleeping! lol. Now that my crybaby rant is over lol, tell me about it... lol.

So if I used one of the lines that is already on my share plan... what would I need to do?

Upgrade that line select the 2 for 30 cuz it will say you can't have unlimited then once you get phone don't turn it on call 611 tell them u want that phone on your line and they will swap it and you will keep the unlimited on your line but the line you upgrade will be stuck with 2 for 30

Reactions: F34R

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, this thread is hardly the be all know all considering the replies that are here. You have some people that say they've upgraded, and switched the phone to the line they want it on. You have some that say they had to use a dumb phone line as the upgrade, then switched. They aren't the same things. Don't give such a sarcastic reply. I've read the entire freakin' thread, and continuously, there are different answers to get the best type of result. Please. Either answer the questions, point someone to the post that pertains to them, or don't reply to someone at all. Your not helping anything by telling people to read the thread, the answer is there, when there are several different types of answers that necessarily aren't fitting the same situation as other people. If you know the answer, then give it. Don't spout the "read the thread" bs to others that are here for help and information.

I can definitely add a line. I'm guessing I'd add the line with the iPhone 5, 2GB data. The options it gives me are a single plan, or a share plan (lists the current plan) added to the share plan I have now. If I add it to the share plan, and choose the 2GB, will it be something I can transfer the phone over, and just put a dumb phone there for the term. Reading it, it seems like I won't be able to do that, but I'm not sure. Other than that, there's the Individual Plan. If I do it that way, i seems more plausible to be able to move the iPhone over, and keep a dump phone there, and cancel the 2GB portion.

Which sounds more accurate?

So either you are very ignorant or unable to come up with an educated guess? Theres people with pictures showing that they kept unlimited. Maybe that would help you more. What more do you need when someone is saying straight up that they kept unlimited doing so and so.
What is wrong with people these days lol...

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade that line select the 2 for 30 cuz it will say you can't have unlimited then once you get phone don't turn it on call 611 tell them u want that phone on your line and they will swap it and you will keep the unlimited on your line but the line you upgrade will be stuck with 2 for 30

The others in my household are pulling rank on me lol. What I'ma do is just get the iphone 5, 2GB plan. Will I need the dump phone with me at the time of the store, or is this something I can do at home by myself?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The others in my household are pulling rank on me lol. What I'ma do is just get the iphone 5, 2GB plan. Will I need the dump phone with me at the time of the store, or is this something I can do at home by myself?

If your going to add a line and use a dummy after its all done just ask the store I'm sure they have dummy ESN or dummy phone they give you if you dont have one to use

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If your going to add a line and use a dummy after its all done just ask the store I'm sure they have dummy ESN or dummy phone they give you if you dont have one to use
OH!! That sounds very good for my situation lol. Again, I thank you a TON for helping me.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I called VZ last week. I spoke with a rep and preordered on a line with unlimited data and an available upgrade. Told the rep what I wanted to do and she explained I could order on the line with the upgrade, when ready to acvtivate, call her and she will switch to my line and the line I ordreed it on will now be tiered, I chose 2GB for $30.

Anyway, got the phone yesterday, did the call. Seems both lines retained unlimited data. Is this too good to be true?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I called VZ last week. I spoke with a rep and preordered on a line with unlimited data and an available upgrade. Told the rep what I wanted to do and she explained I could order on the line with the upgrade, when ready to acvtivate, call her and she will switch to my line and the line I ordreed it on will now be tiered, I chose 2GB for $30.

Anyway, got the phone yesterday, did the call. Seems both lines retained unlimited data. Is this too good to be true?

Probably but don't question it lol

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on att still have the grandfathered unlimited plan LTE for my iphone 5.. i know they throttle at 5g anyway so did not make since to go to vz to get only 2gs cost me me more. i will never give up the unlimited plan maybe when the next version of LTE comes out they will finally force us all out..

steve73#IM

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've always bought my phones in store, so what # is it to call to accept the term and conditions?? Is it the same # that you order the phone from. I have a family member on my plan without a smart phone eligible for an upgrade and that the one I was going to use. Does anything happen to that line??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I've always bought my phones in store, so what # is it to call to accept the term and conditions?? Is it the same # that you order the phone from. I have a family member on my plan without a smart phone eligible for an upgrade and that the one I was going to use. Does anything happen to that line??

Only renews that lines contract

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanna give Peligro911 a huge thumbs up and thanks for all the info and help he gave me. It's much appreciated to have people around that love to share their knowledge with others in need. I'm about to get this new iPhone 5 switched over. Another thanks to all the replies of each persons experience thus far.

Reactions: Peligro911

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Im about to buy full retail and hope to sell my iphone 4s with apple care + with a mophie and 2 otterboxes for $500

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Phone came I upgraded with a diff line called got it activated on my line good to go !!! Trick is do not turn phone on!!! This makes it auto associate with the line u used to upgrade then when u swap it won't work .. If you don't turn it on then they can swap it before it try's anything .... iPhone 5 on unlimited !!!

With all the different ways I'm hearing people "keeping" their unlimited I hope it just isn't saying it's unlimited until the next billing cycle and you find out you've lost unlimited lol that would suck.

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
A couple of things to inform everyone here.

1) this is my first real post.. (lol)

2) as long as you upgrade a dummy line (i.e. not a smart phone) you can use that line to get a subsidized price.

3) if you activate it on the dummy line (i.e use the upgrade and then turn it on and make a call) you can STILL SWAP the phone to any other line you want.

3) because you need a sim can VZW CAN SEND THEM TO YOU FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did this last night. They are Fed-Ex'ing me a nano SIM but walked into the store near my house (corprate store is what 611 has been telling me) and asked if they had a sim card I could take. They squirmed and they just did it all for me. I was finishing up at the store and the rep gave me my old nano sim and he said they were inclined to believe they could be reused somehow. He guess 24 hours or something but i really dont care. I dont need it. SO just have one sent from the 24 hour help *611 for free. doesnt matter if you activate it or not. Just do a HARDWARE SWAP (thats what VZW calls it) with new sim cards.

I take no responsibility or liability for anything you could try to pin one me lol

williamsbh76

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded and paid full price for a 32gb model on Verizon to keep unlimited data. My wife knew I was upgrading but never asked how much I was spending. One of her friends I asked her how much I spent. She simply answered "I don't even ask about stuff like that anymore."

Reactions: 561427

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
A couple of things to inform everyone here.

1) this is my first real post.. (lol)

2) as long as you upgrade a dummy line (i.e. not a smart phone) you can use that line to get a subsidized price.

3) if you activate it on the dummy line (i.e use the upgrade and then turn it on and make a call) you can STILL SWAP the phone to any other line you want.

3) because you need a sim can VZW CAN SEND THEM TO YOU FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!

I just did this last night. They are Fed-Ex'ing me a nano SIM but walked into the store near my house (corprate store is what 611 has been telling me) and asked if they had a sim card I could take. They squirmed and they just did it all for me. I was finishing up at the store and the rep gave me my old nano sim and he said they were inclined to believe they could be reused somehow. He guess 24 hours or something but i really dont care. I dont need it. SO just have one sent from the 24 hour help *611 for free. doesnt matter if you activate it or not. Just do a HARDWARE SWAP (thats what VZW calls it) with new sim cards.

I take no responsibility or liability for anything you could try to pin one me lol

I can confirm you do NOT need a new SIM.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife doesn't even know yet because it looks so much like the iP4 !!!! Having fun seeing how long it takes before she realizes (and then wants one for herself).

It killed me to pay full price for the 64gb white, but in the end it's worth it to keep unlimited and not pay the higher cost of the Shared data plan. Why would I pay more money for less data? Easy decision.

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm you do NOT need a new SIM.
To paraphrase my post, you can have them send you a new nano SIM for free if you choose to activate the iPhone 5 (on the upgrade line that doesnt have unlimited data) to complete your hardware swap.

Once the phone is activated its yours. You are welcome to move it and then re-add the upgraded dummy phone to not pay for the required data plan that came with the iPhone5.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73