Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

rbrightman

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I used an upgrade from an alternate line on that line. Then I just called and had it activated on my line instead. VZ rep was really helpful, nice and I said to her, "activate this phone on my line but don't change my unlimited plan" she then said " I wouldn't do that to you" ! haha

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I used an upgrade from an alternate line on that line. Then I just called and had it activated on my line instead. VZ rep was really helpful, nice and I said to her, "activate this phone on my line but don't change my unlimited plan" she then said " I wouldn't do that to you" ! haha

I was told that if I did a alternate it would lose my unlimited so I upgraded and planned on swapping ahhhh why can't Verizon get there story straight

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Funny how the CFO of VZW said that "Unlimited Data plans" are no longer important to the consumers...

I'd beg to differ. Seems to me alot of people (Including those who are less informed) understand that unlimited data is more valuable then tiered data plans for the same price. I don't care if I never use more then 1 GB a month, it's UNLIMITED for a reason.

My favorite part about all of this is all of the VZW reps I've spoken with have said, "Make sure you hang on to that unlimited data plan!" ... if Verizon's own reps understand the value of it, then how does the CFO think it's no longer important?

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded our primary line (no alternate upgrade), activated the iphone, reactivated our dumphone, dropped the data plan. MyVerizon is not letting me reactivate the sim, so I ordered a new sim online. I was too intimidated to cut down my micro sim.

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought the iphone 5 through an upgrade from another phone on the account. i just activated it, didn't say anything other than I bought it on line x but want to activate on line y. he said no problem. I asked if this changes anything with my account and he said no mam. Checked my account, still unlimited!

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Full retail and kept my unlimited. No cable/wifi where I live. Just downloaded navigon and restored my panorama 3D map at 700MB in less than 10 minutes on LTE. I have LTE but no cable net, very happy with Verizon's expansion.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Phone came I upgraded with a diff line called got it activated on my line good to go !!! Trick is do not turn phone on!!! This makes it auto associate with the line u used to upgrade then when u swap it won't work .. If you don't turn it on then they can swap it before it try's anything .... iPhone 5 on unlimited !!!

k-man-do

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a busineess account on Verizon with 25 lines including 4g cards, dumb phones 4 iphones, and 2 ipads (many which are eligible for upgrade). I haven't purchased the new iphone for 2 reasons, i want to see what i like better in person white or black and the unlimited data deal.

I want to make sure i have the correct proceedures as i have never had to worry about loosing the unlimted before.

1. Find line avaiable for upgrade (any line doest matter smart phone or not correct)
2. Order phone through that line
3. Phone arrives do not turn on call verizon and activate on my number.

Please let me now if I am missing anything

Billet Iphone

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just made the switch to the Iphone 5. On my droid razr I had unlimited data as well as unlimited hot spot.
When I went in to verizon today and added a line to upgrade to the iphone 5 without loosing unlimited data and I also told the vzw rep I wanted to keep my unlimited hot spot or I didnt want to upgrade. He Tried to activate the iphone one way and it removed the hot spot feature then he tried it another way and it kept hot spot.

so for $230 + $30 more a month for another line since I went from a single plan 450min to a family plan 750min

I was able to pick up the iphone 5 16gb with unlimited data and unlimited hot spot!

Last month was the first month I had 4g in my area and I used 14GB of data between my phone and mobile hot spot. I use hot spot as my only internet connection so I had to keep the unlimited data/hot spot

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Phone came I upgraded with a diff line called got it activated on my line good to go !!! Trick is do not turn phone on!!! This makes it auto associate with the line u used to upgrade then when u swap it won't work .. If you don't turn it on then they can swap it before it try's anything .... iPhone 5 on unlimited !!!

I was told you HAD to activate it on the upgrade line and then switch.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm
ge2y4ygu.jpg

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Awesome. So call them and tell them I want the upgrade to be activated onto my line instead? What did you tell them exactly and which department do I call and speak to? Thanks bro!

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to subsidize and keep unlimited. I have one line that is ready for an upgrade. If I get it through that line, leave it off, activate it for my line; will I still keep unlimited? That's how I've assumed these other posts mean... I hope hope hope it's right.

r.soto95

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
During the preorder process I had to switch to a non unlimited plan, but now I check on my phone and it still says I have unlimited data. Is this just until the month ends, or permanent?

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, reading elsewhere, it's said the upgrade line has to be a dumb phone.. not already included on the unlimited plan.

So, here's my situation. I have three smartphones. The main line, Rezound, has until Dec. of next year, so it's on contract. My line, iPhone 4, off contract, and the HTC Incredible, which has an upgrade available. I want to purchase it as an upgrade for the Dinc, but transfer it to my line, and put the Dinc back on there.

Will I lose unlimited data in this scenario?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I was unable to on the VZW site when I was pre-ordering. But I'm going to go complain in person when I'm back home for Thanksgiving. Our local VZW store knows us and the business we give them, so they should (hopefully) give me my unlimited data back. Especially since I purchased through Verizon at full price without changing my contract!