Ok so u got the IP5, who has kept unlimited data...

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Kept my unlimited plan...grandfathered with AT&T. Been with them for 7 years and never had any issues. LTE just came to our area, so I'm a happy camper.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Verizon associated the sim number with your new line you added they prob typed it in the store but look at bright side you will have a iPhone 5 on unlimited LTE :)

Yeah, that's how it seemed to have worked out. They've sorted it, and now I've finally go to turn on the phone! I'm please to say the least. It's my first new phone in three years.

Now waiting on LTE lol. 14 miles in two directions, LTE. I'm in a bigger city then both that have LTE, so it makes perfect sense as to why I don't have it yet. :( /smh

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Peligro! You seem like the " Verizon unlimited data keeper expert" here so let me ask u directly, lol

I just realized my upgrade line has an upgrade, I upgraded from my mothers line for the ip5. If I activate the ip5 to my line will I lose unlimited because I have an upgrade available on my line? Do I need to transfer the upgrade back to my mothers line or jist leave it the way it is? What's the procedure? Dang ma, just when I thought I got it down.... So complicated....

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Peligro! You seem like the " Verizon unlimited data keeper expert" here so let me ask u directly, lol

I just realized my upgrade line has an upgrade, I upgraded from my mothers line for the ip5. If I activate the ip5 to my line will I lose unlimited because I have an upgrade available on my line? Do I need to transfer the upgrade back to my mothers line or jist leave it the way it is? What's the procedure? Dang ma, just when I thought I got it down.... So complicated....

Shouldn't lose anything because your line has an upgrade. My line has an upgrade, and I put the iPhone 5 on my line. Didn't lose unlimited, nor the upgrade. :)

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that people have been able to order the iphone on another phones number in thier plan and then use the phone on another.

One time I was in the Verizon store and was upgrading a phone for my son. I made a comment that I liked the phone and maybe I should use that one. The person behind the desk was quick to say when you upgrade a phone it has to be used on the line that was being upgraded and not for another line.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that people have been able to order the iphone on another phones number in thier plan and then use the phone on another.

One time I was in the Verizon store and was upgrading a phone for my son. I made a comment that I liked the phone and maybe I should use that one. The person behind the desk was quick to say when you upgrade a phone it has to be used on the line that was being upgraded and not for another line.

Unless you TELL them what you wanna do, they will tell you/and do what's best for the company.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't lose anything because your line has an upgrade. My line has an upgrade, and I put the iPhone 5 on my line. Didn't lose unlimited, nor the upgrade. :)
It's not putting the phone on the line that's the prob it's using that lines upgrade no matter what line you use it on you will lose unlimited because your signing a new contract

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's not putting the phone on the line that's the prob it's using that lines upgrade no matter what line you use it on you will lose unlimited because your signing a new contract

Yeah, that's the gist of it. My line will always have that upgrade available lol.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
When it comes to keeping unlimited data... Just Think of it like this. Verizon said if you bought the iPhone full retail, you can keep your unlimited data. Meaning. Doesn't matter where you bought the phone (eBay/Craigslist/another line) you are bringing that phone to your line without upgrading your line. Using another line is just like your mom/wife/son etc gifted you the phone and you're activating it on your line. As long as you don't mess with your line's contract you're fine. Doesn't matter how you got the phone.
I don't know if that makes sense.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It makes sense and joins the ranks of "help" given and provided by you and other very nice members that have replied with their info.

Jdeezy85

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense now... Thanks... Very good workaround for not paying full retail. This thread has been very informative. Thanks eveyone. Will report back once I have my phone in Oct! :)