Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree7Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: iPhone 5 rattle?

Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Hi, I read this entire post and only saw one person that mentioned they are experiencing this problem when the phone vibrates. All others mentioned when they tap or shake. I can't believe more people are not commenting on the rattle caused by vibration. I keep my phone on my desk next to my side all day, and this has been bothering the hell out of me. The marble clanking sound is the most noticable at the beginning and end of a vibrating sequence. Still not sure if I want to bring it back due to the pervasive nature of this.
    Apparently not very pervasive, huh?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Default iPhone 5 rattle?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Apparently not very pervasive, huh?
    The marble clanking sound is pervasive. If it is caused by tapping or shaking then a vibrating motor will surely do it as well.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Does it sound similar to a giraffe's hoof being slid across ancient bamboo hard wood? That'd be annoying.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

What I learned through all of this is not to just accept the rattle for normal. I finally brought it in after it was annoying me beyond belief. The consensus was that something was not right with my vibration motor and it was causing the more than normal noises I was experiencing. I got a brand new one and although it rattles, I am not hearing what I was hearing before (the noticeable marble clank at the beginning and end of a vibration sequence).
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456