What does preoaring for shipment mean? Oct. 5?

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Since we are telling stories. Here is mine.

I preordered about 4 minutes after it went up on the 14th. My phone was shipped on the 17th for delivery on the 21st by noon. The 21st arrives and suddenly my shipping status changes to "end of day". Ok fine. No worries, UPS is busy.

Then it doesn't arrive at all and my delivery date disappears completely. I call UPS that evening and they tell me they will check on it and have the depot phone me back in "exactly one hour".
Several hours pass and no phone call. I call back and they tell me they are backed up and delivery should be Monday. Ok, it sucks, but I can deal with that.

Monday is now here and again, no delivery. I call back UPS and they have no idea where my package is. They lost it, meaning one of their staff/drivers stole it and it's probably on Craigslist/ebay.

I contact Apple and they attempt to trace it and tell me if they can't find it after 24hrs, they will send out another one.
4hrs later, a second iPhone 5 is suddenly added to my order and is processing with an estimated delivery of October 9th.
Now I am getting angry. I ordered 4 minutes in, UPS screws me and now I have to wait a few weeks.
*Edit* I just happened to check my order status at Apple.ca again and now it's changed to "preparing for shipping", so I may get it sooner.

What a pain in the ass. It's not Apple's fault, its the morons in brown. Who, BTW, are being very casual about the whole thing and basically telling me it's Apple's problem, not theirs.

YOU LOST THE SHIPMENT, NOT APPLE. Friggin UPS..

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
That sucks. You figure that with the mass quantities of packages that were suddenly added to the shipping routes, that stuff like this will happen. Never fun when it happens to you though.

My iPhone made it through customs in less than a day. So unless they are really fast getting it to my local UPS branch, it will be here on the 27th, just like Apple estimated. Holding out a sliver of hope that it arrives tomorrow though since it is UPS Express.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
update: This is crazy! I preordered from Apple. I tried to order at 3:00 am eastern on Sept 14. I got thru at 3:50 and was shut out of the first wave of deliveries. i was very disappointed. Delivery was supposed to be made on Oct. 5. Friday my phone was preparing for shipment. Yesterday, my phone was in Hong Kong. This morning it left Jamaica, New York. I am on Long Island soviet will be delivered probably today or the latest tomorrow. What a shipping comeback by Apple. I guess they go by the philosophy of Scotty on the original Star Trek-emphasize the impossibility of a situation and the length of time needed to complete a task and then deliver early and you will be considered a miracle worker. From an estimated delivery of October 5 to only several days behind the launch date, Awesome!!!!👐😃📱

Correction: I am even more upset and disappointed than before.😡📱 I called UPS to get a more detailed status update because the web page did not include an actual delivery date. UPS explained that my phone landed in JFK and was headed to Louisville, Ky. It was 10 miles from my house but has to go to Ky to clear customs. The rep. Indicated that the estimated delivery date is Oct 1, next Monday. A week away. What a waste of resources by Ups. For those of you wondering why it seems your package has languished in Louisville, the reason is that it can take several days for international packages to clear customs. 👎

My hopes have been crushed like a grape. 😡
I explained to the rep That the UPS website was very misleading and at the least there should be something on there about the shipping process so customers would not be upset. I would have been better off if I never saw the website at all. LOL.

Update:9/25/12. I just called UPS because their delivery website makes no sense. Yesterday, my phone landed in Jamaica and was transported to Louisville to clear customs(see above). This morning I checked the status and the phone is back in Jamaica. Is it being shipped back overseas because it didn't clear customs? No. It is being transported to the local hub in Uniondale for delivery. 👍So, I am thinking I could have it today or Thursday. ( my office is closed tomorrow in respect of the Jewish holiday). Ordinarily, once a UPS package gets to that hub, i will have the package that day. Wait, not so fast. The Ups rep. Said the phone will not be delivered until next Monday, the 1st. It will sit at the hub because of a contract with Apple. Apple tells them when to release the phone. 😡📲🔫. It's a blame game between Apple and UPS. No other package I have ever received internationally or domestically has gone thru this process.

I am going to call Apple to see if there is a way to move things along but I doubt it. It's probably done this way pursuant to contract so that it is most cost effective for Apple when dealing with millions of deliveries in a short time frame.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since we are telling stories. Here is mine.

I preordered about 4 minutes after it went up on the 14th. My phone was shipped on the 17th for delivery on the 21st by noon. The 21st arrives and suddenly my shipping status changes to "end of day". Ok fine. No worries, UPS is busy.

Then it doesn't arrive at all and my delivery date disappears completely. I call UPS that evening and they tell me they will check on it and have the depot phone me back in "exactly one hour".
Several hours pass and no phone call. I call back and they tell me they are backed up and delivery should be Monday. Ok, it sucks, but I can deal with that.

Monday is now here and again, no delivery. I call back UPS and they have no idea where my package is. They lost it, meaning one of their staff/drivers stole it and it's probably on Craigslist/ebay.

I contact Apple and they attempt to trace it and tell me if they can't find it after 24hrs, they will send out another one.
4hrs later, a second iPhone 5 is suddenly added to my order and is processing with an estimated delivery of October 9th.
Now I am getting angry. I ordered 4 minutes in, UPS screws me and now I have to wait a few weeks.
*Edit* I just happened to check my order status at Apple.ca again and now it's changed to "preparing for shipping", so I may get it sooner.

What a pain in the ass. It's not Apple's fault, its the morons in brown. Who, BTW, are being very casual about the whole thing and basically telling me it's Apple's problem, not theirs.

YOU LOST THE SHIPMENT, NOT APPLE. Friggin UPS..

That sucks. It's a blame game and I'm not sure who we should believe. See my updated post below.

That's the worst story I have heard.

You should call apple customer support, ask for a supervisor and like crazy. Tell them to make it right. At the very least, they should give you free accessories. I know that doesn't make it better but at least you will get something for your trouble. That's what I did and they will be sending me a complimentary case of my choice in a few weeks. Better than nothing.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
That sucks. It's a blame game and I'm not sure who we should believe. See my updated post below.

That's the worst story I have heard.

You should call apple customer support, ask for a supervisor and like crazy. Tell them to make it right. At the very least, they should give you free accessories. I know that doesn't make it better but at least you will get something for your trouble. That's what I did and they will be sending me a complimentary case of my choice in a few weeks. Better than nothing.
Good point! I will call today and see if they can rush delivery being its a screw up and i should have had my phone at my door on the 21st.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Update:9/25/12. I just called UPS because their delivery website makes no sense. Yesterday, my phone landed in Jamaica and was transported to Louisville to clear customs(see above). This morning I checked the status and the phone is back in Jamaica. Is it being shipped back overseas because it didn't clear customs? No. It is being transported to the local hub in Uniondale for delivery. 👍So, I am thinking I could have it today or Thursday. ( my office is closed tomorrow in respect of the Jewish holiday). Ordinarily, once a UPS package gets to that hub, i will have the package that day. Wait, not so fast. The Ups rep. Said the phone will not be delivered until next Monday, the 1st. It will sit at the hub because of a contract with Apple. Apple tells them when to release the phone. 😡📲🔫. It's a blame game between Apple and UPS. No other package I have ever received internationally or domestically has gone thru this process.

I am going to call Apple to see if there is a way to move things along but I doubt it. It's probably done this way pursuant to contract so that it is most cost effective for Apple when dealing with millions of deliveries in a short time frame.

Update: I called Apple and got through to a supervisor. She was very helpful and spoke to UPS. Actually, my phone will be delivered tomorrow. Misinformation by the UPS rep as well as their website. As usual, Apple went the extra mile compared to other customer service depts. I received a follow-up email by the Apple supervisor, providing additional help. So the bottom line is the phone will be delivered well ahead of schedule.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711